: Saturn Outlook

97EldETC
09-11-12, 11:40 PM
Does anyone have one?

CadillacLuke24
09-12-12, 12:56 AM
I think someone on the forums does.

For those who don't know, a Saturn Outlook is basically a rebadged GMC Acadia. I wonder if saturns are still a Beeyotch to get serviced due to no dealer network (back in the day it was few and far between) :lol:

brandondeleo
09-12-12, 01:05 AM
I wonder if saturns are still a Beeyotch to get serviced due to no dealer network (back in the day it was few and far between) :lol:
Since all they are in the past few years is rebadged Chevrolets (and Pontiacs and such), I'm sure that's not much of an issue.

97EldETC
09-12-12, 01:25 AM
I was just saying because we have an 08 Outlook XR, and the Saturn forum is like.....dead. So I was just trying to get others to join..... So if anyone knows anything join it!

97EldETC
09-12-12, 01:31 AM
I think someone on the forums does.

For those who don't know, a Saturn Outlook is basically a rebadged GMC Acadia. I wonder if saturns are still a Beeyotch to get serviced due to no dealer network (back in the day it was few and far between) :lol:

And they are not to bad to service. We have an authorized dealer about 5 miles from our home. But with 83,000 miles on it, it's done alright with a few things like some belts and the radiator and some squeaks. Blah blah blah.

M5eater
09-13-12, 10:19 AM
Since all they are in the past few years is rebadged Chevrolets (and Pontiacs and such), I'm sure that's not much of an issue.

I presume you mean rebdaged Pontiac (singular) since the only one I can think of is the solstice?

vincentm
09-13-12, 07:37 PM
Saturn is still around?

truckinman
09-13-12, 07:48 PM
My fiancÚ has a Saturn Ion 3 quad coupe. Most inconvenient "4-door" ever! And not to mention when I sit inside the thing, I feel as if the cheap plastic is gonna make me go blind. It's not the WORST car to look at on the outside. But once you open the door, stand back and prepare to vomit! And the seats! I've sat on more comfortable park benches. I can't wait till that cars outa the picture!

97EldETC
09-13-12, 08:27 PM
Saturn is still around?

Saturn is dead. But the cars are still around!

truckinman
09-13-12, 08:55 PM
The only car I'd consider from Saturn would be the sky Redline.

97EldETC
09-13-12, 10:14 PM
The only car I'd consider from Saturn would be the sky Redline.

Pssh. I like our outlook! I can't believe that they built such a beautiful crossover. It still amazes me, others too! "no way, that's not a Saturn!" we'll it's GM.

cadillac kevin
09-13-12, 10:44 PM
Pssh. I like our outlook! I can't believe that they built such a beautiful crossover. It still amazes me, others too! "no way, that's not a Saturn!" we'll it's GM.

I do like the outlook. One of my friends has one in black with alloy rims and leather interior. It really is a sharp looking SUV. I also like the similarly styled GMC terrain.

truckinman
09-13-12, 11:31 PM

Eh. I don't look down on anyone who has one bc far as satires go, it's top of the line. But....naaah. Its just a Saturn. I realize it's a rebadged Acadia and buick Enclave (nicest of the 4) and chevy traverse. But after my fiancÚs Saturn, I have trouble looking past that Saturn badge.

truckinman
09-13-12, 11:34 PM
Saturns. Not "satires". God I hate auto correct.

CadillacLuke24
09-13-12, 11:47 PM
I do like the outlook. One of my friends has one in black with alloy rims and leather interior. It really is a sharp looking SUV. I also like the similarly styled GMC terrain.

That's why Saturn built such a nice crossover. They didn't. :lol:

talismandave
09-13-12, 11:49 PM
Um..oh...satires wasn't intentional...oh.

97EldETC
09-14-12, 12:35 AM
Oh I love this forum. You guys make me Crack up :D

CadillacLuke24
09-14-12, 02:30 AM
Aside from occasionally answering questions about self-maintaining cars, that is what we are here for!

truckinman
09-14-12, 03:40 AM
Um..oh...satires wasn't intentional...oh.

Yea I do all my forum-ing thru my iPhone with it's lovely auto correcting. Technology. Where WOULDN'T we be with out it.

97EldETC
09-14-12, 11:11 AM
Yea I do all my forum-ing thru my iPhone with it's lovely auto correcting. Technology. Where WOULDN'T we be with out it.

I know we WOULDN'T be using iPads in every class room at my school! I hate those things...

CadillacLuke24
09-14-12, 01:55 PM
I know we WOULDN'T be using iPads in every class room at my school! I hate those things...

Every class? Damn! You go to UCLA or something like that? :lol:

Here they are offering them for check out to students. While it'd be nice, Notebooks and pens are way less of a pain in the a$$, and I can doodle when I'm dosing off :D

97EldETC
09-14-12, 04:03 PM
Every class? Damn! You go to UCLA or something like that? :lol:

Here they are offering them for check out to students. While it'd be nice, Notebooks and pens are way less of a pain in the a$$, and I can doodle when I'm dosing off :D

Nope. Junior in high school. It's such a waste of money. I swear. Use it on something we actually can put to use. Like pen casts!

orconn
09-14-12, 05:25 PM
^^^ what do you mean by "pen casts?"

97EldETC
09-14-12, 05:57 PM
^^^ what do you mean by "pen casts?"

It is so freaking cool. Ok so it's like a normal white board that they have up on the wall over the chalk board. It has a special pen an the board is some special electronic thing. So after the teacher does a lesson on the board, all the talking they have done and the writing they have done on the board is ALL recorded! Then. They upload it on to school loop and we can re-watch/ listen to the lesson as many times as we want, start or end it when ever. It is so cool, but no. Stupid iPads.

http://www.livescribe.com/en-us/pencasts/

The teacher even has a special notebook they can take home and use just like the board. Then they can upload that too! So far, only a handful of teachers are using Livescribe/pen cast (same thing). I really liked the teacher I has fresh year that did it. It helped me get a B+ (Algebra 1). IMO it is really would only be useful to Math and Science Classes.

cadillac kevin
09-14-12, 06:37 PM
It is so freaking cool. Ok so it's like a normal white board that they have up on the wall over the chalk board. It has a special pen an the board is some special electronic thing. So after the teacher does a lesson on the board, all the talking they have done and the writing they have done on the board is ALL recorded! Then. They upload it on to school loop and we can re-watch/ listen to the lesson as many times as we want, start or end it when ever. It is so cool, but no. Stupid iPads.

http://www.livescribe.com/en-us/pencasts/

The teacher even has a special notebook they can take home and use just like the board. Then they can upload that too! So far, only a handful of teachers are using Livescribe/pen cast (same thing). I really liked the teacher I has fresh year that did it. It helped me get a B+ (Algebra 1). IMO it is really would only be useful to Math and Science Classes.

When I was in high school, we had smartboards. It has a video projector and an interactive board (like a white board, but on the computer). It was pretty cool. Way better than the old light projectors with the plastic sheets and dry erase markers.

talismandave
09-15-12, 12:24 AM
My class was the first allowed to bring calculators to class? Damn things cost a fortune back then too!

orconn
09-15-12, 12:31 AM
We used pencils, paper and our brains .... what losers we were!

truckinman
09-15-12, 01:32 AM
When I was in high school, you were the man if you brought a cell phone to school. Lol. Now I think cell phones are parting gifts for new born babies leaving the hospital....

97EldETC
09-15-12, 01:56 AM
When I was in high school, you were the man if you brought a cell phone to school. Lol. Now I think cell phones are parting gifts for new born babies leaving the hospital....

So true. I just got back from our Football game and it's Amazing. 10 year olds have iPhones! And freshmen are as big as 5 year olds...

truckinman
09-15-12, 02:27 AM
So true. I just got back from our Football game and it's Amazing. 10 year olds have iPhones! And freshmen are as big as 5 year olds...

Yep. I'm only 27, but I honestly feel old when I see what some of these kids have that's actually considered normal for their age. Like you said. 10 year olds with iPhones. When I was 10, I didn't even have my own computer yet in my bed room. Now these kids have hand held pocket computers (I think of the iPhone as more a tiny computer than phone). It doesn't help that at 27, chrissy is calling me out on all the gray hair I've already acquired lol. That's gotta be from the stress of my job. Lol. But anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I was even spoiled by my parents growing up. They bought me anything I wanted. I mean hell, they bought my first two jeeps. Lol. But I never had my own phone till college. Or even my own computer till college either. But the things kids have now days that are as common as a cheap calculator in my school days. just gotta wonder what MY kids will consider the norm once I have some and they get into school. Lol. I'm gonna need a second job if "the norm" keeps progressing technologically at such an exponential rate. Lol

brandondeleo
09-15-12, 04:16 AM
Yeah, the high school I graduated from was only built a few years ago and it was jammed full of the newest technology and such. We had the smartboards and every room had a projector and a flat screen TV. There wasn't a CRT in the building. Ellensburg high school was really nice. Over the main entrance of the building there was a two story high paneled clock that glowed and changed colors when it was dark out.

http://www.lydigconstruction.com/site_images/portfolio/EllensburgHS1_zoom.jpg
http://www.lydigconstruction.com/site_images/portfolio/EllensburgHS5_zoom.jpg

ben.gators
09-15-12, 08:33 AM

iPads in class rooms? May I ask which school?

I just saw your reply to the same question! :p

cadillac kevin
09-15-12, 11:22 AM

When I was in high school, most of the kids had cell phones, but it was just a phone (until the iphone 1 came out). I remember having to borrow a cell phone or use the pay phone if I wanted to call my dad.
Now, I see 8 year olds (and younger) with phones (who are they gonna call/ talk to?) that would outperform the laptop I had in high school.

97EldETC
09-15-12, 11:59 AM
iPads in class rooms? May I ask which school?

I just saw your reply to the same question! :p

Well.... it's a high school in the east bay area California. The "upper echelon" of the bay area.

CadillacLuke24
09-15-12, 04:26 PM
When I was in high school, most of the kids had cell phones, but it was just a phone (until the iphone 1 came out). I remember having to borrow a cell phone or use the pay phone if I wanted to call my dad.
Now, I see 8 year olds (and younger) with phones (who are they gonna call/ talk to?) that would outperform the laptop I had in high school.

LOL same here. I didn't get a phone until my senior year. Everybody else had phones and the "cool" kids had smartphones and new cars.

talismandave
09-15-12, 10:38 PM
...screw y'all....and get off my lawn....:wisdom:

97EldETC
09-15-12, 11:42 PM
...screw y'all....and get off my lawn....:wisdom:
You sound like my neighbor lol.