: Need passenger exhaust manifold, RWD 472

man1ey
09-11-12, 05:58 PM
Looking for a passenger side exhaust manifold for a RWD 68 Deville Convert. I'm pretty sure any pass. exhaust for a RWD 472 or 500 will do. I'm still using the EFE spacer so I'm looking for the one with the flat flange.

No luck from local yards, ebay, Tim's Cadillacs, or Cad Company. Any of you guys have one or have a suggestion for another place to try?

Headers out of the budget... Engine is coming back from rebuild this week and I gave it more love than I planned for :rolleyes:

man1ey
09-11-12, 06:07 PM
Disregard... Chris called me from Cad Company and had one. Good guy - bent his ear about a few things and he was very helpful.

ferrisworld
09-12-12, 05:07 AM
I found one in a 1976 Eldorado at a pick n pull a few months ago, but I put it in my 79. I also have a non EFE version, but it has a tiny crack in it. Looks like you're good to go though.

man1ey
09-12-12, 11:51 AM
ferrisworld, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm good.

gornati
09-13-12, 07:54 AM
i think i have one for sale.
still need ? make me an offer!

man1ey
09-18-12, 05:52 PM
gornati, thanks... I found one and it was delivered the other day.

Old one was MESSED UP by over-machining. I think the guy took about 1/4 inch off the bottom and 1/8 inch from the top. Yeah - he machined it crooked. Trying to make it a block hugger I guess. As a result the exhaust ports on the manifold were tall rectangles instead of roughly square, and they never did match the ports in the head. Can't wait to fire it up to hear how quiet it is. I've lived for 8 years with 4 little exhaust leaks that drove me nuts.

97573 97574