: Working on re-releasing the STS Lockpick. Need assistance

tomm
09-11-12, 04:22 PM
Ok, As always once we discontinue the STS Lockpick interest always peaks and it seems like everyone that missed out now wants one. I have a 2005 which gives me the ability to test the modified lockpicks for the 2005's and 2006's and I am currently starting testing on a new unit for these models.

Coastal needs a 2008-2011 to test a new Lockpick for the later model STS's. Is there anyone in FL that would be willing to have their vehicle used for testing? Of course it would have to have the factory navigation unit and they would need access to the vehicle for a day or two. Let me know if anyone can assist.

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-11-12, 05:01 PM
What are these lock pick things? Im a first time Cadillac owner since the beginning of this year and obviously I don't know all of the terms yet :)

tomm
09-11-12, 05:08 PM
What are these lock pick things? Im a first time Cadillac owner since the beginning of this year and obviously I don't know all of the terms yet :)

Cadillac STS Lockpick (http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Cadillac-STS-2005-2008-Lockpick.html) unlocks all Navigation/Bluetooth/DVD locks that are normally locked in gear so you can use the navigation system as if you were parked and not moving while in motion.

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-11-12, 05:35 PM
Ok Ty

tomm
09-12-12, 11:10 AM
No one in FL with a 2008-2012 STS w/NAV willing to help? Will give you a FREE STS Lockpick for your assistance.

1BadCadSTS
09-12-12, 11:36 AM
any difference between these lock picks and the old ones?

tomm
09-12-12, 12:37 PM
No functionality difference. New units however are going to run on Coastals new FIM (Freedom in Motion) Platform. The beauty of these new units will be compatibility with multiple different vehicles and brands with only purchasing different harnesses.

So lets say you buy a Modified Lockpick today and next year you trade in your 2005 STS for a 2010 CTS you only need to buy a new harness and flip the different settings. A year later now you want a 2013 Escalade or even yet a Chrysler vehicle instead.. Same unit just get a new harness and change the settings.

Getting the new units to run old STS code was the issue since no other vehicle uses the 11 Bit GM Lan system Coastal had abandoned it. I have the unit running in my 2005 with the modified STS Harness and so far so good. Just don't have a 2008-2012 for Coastal to test with for applications that do not need the modified lockpicks.

EChas3
09-13-12, 12:30 AM
There's gotta be someone in a state as long as Florida that wants to unlock their 2008 & up STS NAV.

It might not take more than a day-trip!

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-13-12, 09:41 AM
I would but I have a 2005 without nav :(

malatu
09-13-12, 03:38 PM
Ok, As always once we discontinue the STS Lockpick interest always peaks and it seems like everyone that missed out now wants one. I have a 2005 which gives me the ability to test the modified lockpicks for the 2005's and 2006's and I am currently starting testing on a new unit for these models.

Coastal needs a 2008-2011 to test a new Lockpick for the later model STS's. Is there anyone in FL that would be willing to have their vehicle used for testing? Of course it would have to have the factory navigation unit and they would need access to the vehicle for a day or two. Let me know if anyone can assist.

Based on what I'm seeing on this board, there are a slew of new posters who recently purchased earlier model sts's (2005-2008). Isn't that typical as a model year gets to a certain age in the market? I'd also suggest the average age of these buyers are younger and overall, they like gadgets and modificatons more so than original older buyers.

Sorry, no empirical data to support my observation/opinion.

eatyoursandwich
09-13-12, 03:40 PM
BUMP for visibility. Surely there is someone in Florida who would enjoy saving a couple hundred $$.

caddyfat2
09-13-12, 03:49 PM
I live in Florida and would try it but I only have a 2005. Now if you need an 05-06 guinea pig then I'm your man!!

tomm
09-13-12, 03:59 PM
I live in Florida and would try it but I only have a 2005. Now if you need an 05-06 guinea pig then I'm your man!!

I personally own a 2005 so I can test all I want on the earlier models. Need 2008-2012 with the newer style steering wheel.

Charles Warren
09-13-12, 04:36 PM
So your making older sts lockpicks too? I have an 06 and need 2
W

tomm
09-13-12, 06:02 PM
So your making older sts lockpicks too? I have an 06 and need 2
W

Yes, We will me making those once again (2005-2007 STS Lockpick). I have been testing the new STS Lockpick in my 2005 and all is good, we will start producing them again next week sometime.

For the 2008+ we have the PAC unit available but they only unlock in drive. We have had a few customers that want them to unlock in reverse but PAC engineering would not entertain the idea of adding the feature for us so we are working with Coastal to get a 2008-2012 Coastal STS Lockpick again but without access to a vehicle for testing its very difficult.

Ludacrisvp
09-13-12, 06:37 PM
For the 2008+ we have the PAC unit available but they only unlock in drive. We have had a few customers that want them to unlock in reverse but PAC engineering would not entertain the idea of adding the feature for us so we are working with Coastal to get a 2008-2012 Coastal STS Lockpick again but without access to a vehicle for testing its very difficult.
So I'm sure this question is on everyone's mind now...
Does that mean it could be set to automatically change the Nav to video for reverse and have a dedicated reverse video input?
I assume that the answer is no, but it needed to be posed.

tomm
09-13-12, 08:35 PM
So I'm sure this question is on everyone's mind now...
Does that mean it could be set to automatically change the Nav to video for reverse and have a dedicated reverse video input?
I assume that the answer is no, but it needed to be posed.

There is no factory rear camera option for the STS so there is nothing for a lockpick to activate to accomplish this. As with the past modified STS Lockpicks the video aux input in the armrest can be displayed on the screen in reverse or drive by pressing the Video Aux Button on the nav but there is nothing that can switch this automatically for you.

Ludacrisvp
09-13-12, 09:30 PM
There is no factory rear camera option for the STS so there is nothing for a lockpick to activate to accomplish this. As with the past modified STS Lockpicks the video aux input in the armrest can be displayed on the screen in reverse or drive by pressing the Video Aux Button on the nav but there is nothing that can switch this automatically for you.

Oh well it was a stretch anyways. The china SLS has optional rear camera but they have a different Nav unit than we do so that's going to be the killer. Not even sure if they use the same LAN system.

1BadCadSTS
09-13-12, 11:11 PM
SLS uses the Lade supernav