: Continental DWS search

Trionalaw
09-11-12, 11:09 AM
I may have to purchase these tires instead of waiting until December for the Goodyear F1 asymmetric all seasons. Try as I might, I can't find all the threads about these tires on this forum. I know they do not come in the I was wondering what sizes people were running.

I know I've read about these tires on this forum. I just can't find them.

Thanks so much,

Jim

Mike02z
09-11-12, 07:44 PM
I have not read much about the DWS but I have the DW tires and they come in the stock sizes. First of all, do you have the coupe, sedan or wagon? The sedan and wagon tires are the same size but the coupe uses different size tires for the rear.

Tire Rack does not seem to have the DWS in the exact size for the Sedan. In fact, it looks like they don't even make the DWS in the OEM front tire size. Closest I see is the 25535R19 and OEM is 25540R19. You could go with the P24540R19's in front. They will me 10 mm smaller in tread width. They do list the rears for the Sedan/Wagon which is 28535R19.

embassured
09-11-12, 09:53 PM
I'm running the DWS (all season) in 245/45/19 (F) and 275/40/19 rears. I also ran these on my V1 - in stock sizes, of course.

For an all-season and for where I live, I love the tire. A great mix of performance in sub 45 degree temps, which we have 6 months out of the year, and fairly good grip during the summer. While temps are consistently below 45, it only snows 3, maybe 4X, a year - so you do have some insurance for LIGHT snow falls. Dedicated snows feel like a burden for this type of weather pattern and dedicated summer performance is not what I need for my driving style.

The above sizes give up about 3/4 of an INCH in width on the front and less than that on the rears. The taller side wall (IMHO) fills out the wheel well a bit better, which is a nice surprise. It has a good tread wear rating and a decent price.

FWIW, I push the car MAYBE 7/10ths in the corners and the tires do fine under those circumstances. No track or autocross in my life - just daily driving with periodic full throttle bursts on straight-aways.

Good luck,
Eric

Trionalaw
09-14-12, 09:07 AM
Sorry, coupe.