: Light Titanium Suede inserts In The Recaro's - How to clean?

rpgibbs
09-11-12, 08:16 AM
Picking up our New "used" 2010 CTS-V sedan later this week and would like to know the best way to clean the Suede inserts in the Recaro Light Titanium seats. Thanks

rpgibbs@hotmail.com

larry arizona
09-11-12, 10:22 AM
the fake suede (alcantara) is best cleaned with water and a clean cloth. I have used microfiber cleaner that you can get at any furniture store, but plain water works remarkably well. If its badly soiled, several peeps have used dawn dishsoap on a wet towel and it works good too for dirt. Just be sure to follow with straight water. Also keep the dawn to a minimum as residue will only attract future dirt.

M5eater
09-11-12, 10:28 AM
The second thing I would mention is use a DAMP cloth not soaking wet. If you can wring more than a few drops out of the towel, it's too wet. Infact I don't use water at all, I spritz once/twice my cleaner onto a MF towel and wipe.

Soaked Alcantara= stained alcantara.

baabootoo
09-11-12, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I may have used too much Dawn initially, so I'll use more water this time.

larry arizona
09-11-12, 08:48 PM
good advice M5. I often dont add the details I should. I certainly agree a damp towel NOT a soaking towel. This is a case of less is more.

baabootoo
09-11-12, 11:30 PM
I just used a wet towel today and it worked great! No soapy residue to worry about either

Trapspeed
09-12-12, 09:42 PM
Yeah, careful with too much soap. It can actually make dirt stick after awhile if it's not rinsed out completely.

DRL650
09-12-12, 10:46 PM
I agree with all above I went a step further and put a product called nubuck leather protector on my new seats.

larry arizona
09-13-12, 06:38 AM
Scotchgaurd would work well too. Microfiber is naturally easy to clean though

MSOsr
09-13-12, 09:16 AM
Leather Masters Foam Cleaner is best. The foam is wiped off with a towel and it removes the dirt without making the seat overly wet. Best of all, it doesn't create a surface that attracts dirt.

Great for the alcantra shift knob and steering wheel too.

Mike

larry arizona
09-13-12, 11:28 AM
I am surprised that leather cleaning specific products work well on a non leather surface like Alcantara. Good to know though!

M5eater
09-16-12, 10:55 AM
I am surprised that leather cleaning specific products work well on a non leather surface like Alcantara. Good to know though!

As long as it's strictly a cleaning solution and not an all-in-one product.

Most of the cleaner's are some kind of light duty degreaser and water.

DRL650
09-16-12, 11:21 AM
http://www.autogeek.net/nubuck-and-suede-leather-care-kit.html