: Anyone had a stripper V on a scale? Post up your scale findings here.

M5eater
09-10-12, 07:47 PM
I know the Black Diamond, fully loaded with ~ 1/2-3/4 tankfull of gas weighed in @ 4250 @ MIR's scale.

The Blue V is ~ 100lbs skinnier with the trans, and I would bet that the sunroof components, glass and ect are in the range of 60-75lbs, so that would make the blue V under 4100lbs.

80lbs to under a 2 ton Car... I could take my socks off for that and maybe fill it with less gas.

baabootoo
09-10-12, 10:25 PM
I also thought pulling the extra seats added up to hundreds of pounds too.

SecretWeapon
09-10-12, 11:30 PM
Jess W4M stripped out his car and posted the component weights somewhere on the forum. Was around December of last year. Search on!

Low_ET
09-12-12, 08:45 PM
Wait4Me's weight reduction thread is under "Performance" here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-performance-mods/242560-weight-objects-your-car-reduction-purposes.html

I weighed my '09 Auto, sunroof sedan at Roebling Road Raceway. It is 4170 lbs empty. 4290 lbs with full gas tank.

Dr. Design
09-12-12, 08:52 PM
+1 Those factory seats are pretty heavy. One of the single largest reductions in overall weight will come from the seats. At a porky 77 lbs each you can easily swap them out for a set of racing recaros at roughly 15-17 lbs per.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I also thought pulling the extra seats added up to hundreds of pounds too.

M5eater
09-12-12, 08:59 PM
yes yes, I'm familiar with Jess's thread.. He doesn't list (or know) how much the roof weighs though..

+1 Those factory seats are pretty heavy. One of the single largest reductions in overall weight will come from the seats. At a porky 77 lbs each you can easily swap them out for a set of racing recaros at roughly 15-17 lbs per.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
The tech that dropped one of my seats on the b-pillar trim agrees. I couldn't believe they were 80lbs when I heard that. has to be all of the electric motors.

larry arizona
09-12-12, 09:08 PM
M5,

Yes I have picked up strippers in my V....... Oh wait I read that wrong......:halo:

Dr. Design
09-12-12, 09:19 PM
LOL, those seats should be have one of those "heavy, lift with 2 people" stickers on them.

We have a couple of Ultra Vision sunroofs we pulled out of cars. Ill have one put on the scales for you.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

yes yes, I'm familiar with Jess's thread.. He doesn't list (or know) how much the roof weighs though..

The tech that dropped one of my seats on the b-pillar trim agrees. I couldn't believe they were 80lbs when I heard that. has to be all of the electric motors.