: A true barn find!!

BIGREECE
09-10-12, 05:16 PM
Last week I purchased a 1978 Ford F-150 2WD LWB with the 302 auto trans and absolutely love it. It was bought new locally from a NC State Trooper and remained on the family farm until this past January when the couple I bought it from sold it to me. The couple (kind of hippyish and organic) put alot of money into this truck and I'm glad they wanted something smaller for there property. The truck has a new Transmission re-build, carb, valve and intake gaskets, seat cover, inside door panels, dash, stereo and speakers, wheels and tires plus original wheels, hubcaps, grill, rear bumper and extra trim pieces and also an engine tune all at the Frod dealership(wheww $$$$). The greatest thing about this truck is the only thing power is steering and brakes everything else is manual, easy to work on and parts are cheap. This truck actually stayed in the barn for the past 34 years(I know there are thousands of barns with trucks in them) I think is pretty cool and becoming harder to find. Can't wait to semi-restore over the months and years to come:cool2:!!

orconn
09-10-12, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a nice find! Nothing like simplicity when you are talking about trucks.

BIGREECE
09-10-12, 06:02 PM
Thanks Orconn, I love old school trucks and how well built they are(Heavy Metal) all the way around!!
Sounds like a nice find! Nothing like simplicity when you are talking about trucks.

ShapeShifter
09-10-12, 07:44 PM
Congrats!!

Aron9000
09-11-12, 01:00 AM
Nice truck. Funny that you talk about it having nothing on it and being dirt simple, that was a pretty well optioned truck for back in the day, lots of chrome bits, automatic, v8, ps, pb, I bet it might have even had an 8 track orignally.

CadillacLuke24
09-11-12, 02:04 AM
Dead nuts reliable I bet. Nice job! :thumbsup: