: Any history/ knowledge of this modded used cts-v? Any Help appreciated

kenneyd
09-10-12, 01:40 PM
Looking to buy a used cts-v in the next few days to weeks.
I am in jacksonville FL, found a 09 in chicago. My college roomate / fellow enthusiast is one his way to check it out right now for me.
I called the dealer and was told the check engine light was on (funny they dont mention that in the ad) and they are not sure of every thing done to the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/585hp-MODIFIED-CTS-V-NAVIGATION-6SPD-MANUAL-LOW-MILES-GREAT-CONDITION-/200816675856?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ec19b4c10#ht_10745wt_1165

Anyone recognize it? member car? I am concerned about the SES light, also, i dont want any internal engine mods. Seems like a moderate risk since there is very limited knowledge of the mods and history. Thoughts?

Dealer known mod list:
INSTALLED FULL HEADERS

-INSTALLED HIGH FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTERS

- INSTALLED A "X" PIPE

- INSTALLED CUSTOM CORSA MUFFLERS ... AND YES IT RUMBLES REALLY NICE

- INSTALLED A HENNESSEY COLD AIR INTAKE

- INSTALLED A SMALLER SUPERCHARGER PULLEY

- INSTALLED A NEW HARMONIC BALANCER

- INSTALLED A 1600 DEGREE THEROSTAT (HAHA guess they think its the space shuttle)

- UPGRADED THE INJECTORS, PLUGS, AND WIRES

THIS CTS-V IS TUNED TO CLOSE TO 600 H.P WITH

APPROXIMATELY 725 H.P AT THE CRANKSHAFT

baabootoo
09-10-12, 02:42 PM
Well, you'll have warranty fights if anything goes wrong. Two, I'd so to Speed Inc and see if they know anything. and C, I don't think that they can sell a car with the SES light on, can they? They should be able to scan it and see what the code and issue is.You could be buying yourself a "heap of trouble", unless you have limitless cash on hand.

larry arizona
09-10-12, 03:29 PM
if it has ARH headers the SES light is the O2 sensors fault. Shut off your rear O2 sensors....... Those mods are VERY common. Would be really nice to know who tuned it though. Also its a 160 deeg Tstat HA! Also find out the lower pulley size.

RVC
09-10-12, 05:29 PM
Ha ha I am in Jacksonville Fl too...and also looking for a CTS-V!

Razorecko
09-10-12, 05:35 PM
Have them read the cel Code to you so you can find out what exactly is throwing the code....any competent tuner would have turned off that code so you want to make sure its nothing that could be problematic like a missfire or whatnot

Mike02z
09-10-12, 06:01 PM
I think a 1600 degree T-Stat might be an issue :)

Razorecko
09-10-12, 06:08 PM
Dyno looks a little lean on the a/f ....12.00+ is pushing it

Razorecko
09-10-12, 06:09 PM
Also the dealer should have a 3rd party shop like speed inc or whomever do a compression and leakdown but most importantly a leakdown test to give you an idea of the health of the motor.

m5biemer
09-10-12, 09:29 PM
Ha ha I am in Jacksonville Fl too...and also looking for a CTS-V!

I'm also in Jax and looking for a CTS V, can't decide whether to change out my Jeep SRT8 for one.

CTS4MATION
09-10-12, 10:02 PM
Well, you'll have warranty fights if anything goes wrong. Two, I'd so to Speed Inc and see if they know anything. and C, I don't think that they can sell a car with the SES light on, can they? They should be able to scan it and see what the code and issue is.You could be buying yourself a "heap of trouble", unless you have limitless cash on hand.

Well, Id imagine they could if they're not an authorized dealer and if Illinois doesnt require state inspection.

I'm also in Jax and looking for a CTS V, can't decide whether to change out my Jeep SRT8 for one.
Thats funny. My neighbor just traded her V for an str8 jeep a few weeks ago..... says she likes the jeep alot more.

kenneyd
09-11-12, 12:53 PM
My friend got there just as someone was buying it, pending an inspection at speedinc lol.
Oh well still on the look out

Off topic, i've found several cts-v with low miles that are being sold by dealers (even GM) that were used for some ride and drive event and now are being sold with no waranty, any one heard of this? for example this one http://www.bonhamchrysler.com/2009-Cadillac-CTS-V-Base-Sherman-TX/vd/9133353 ( call and ask about the warranty)

neuronbob
09-11-12, 04:07 PM
If it's a Monticello car, it was used for track instruction. Stay far, far away unless you don't care about not having a warranty. There have been threads about these Vs.

JimmyH
09-11-12, 04:12 PM
If you can negotiate the price down, a former track car would be a great foundation for a project car. It might even have upgraded brakes and a diff cooler.

RVC
09-13-12, 04:28 PM
What year is your SRT8? I am swapping my Escalade out for one of these babies.

m5biemer
09-13-12, 07:27 PM