Cadillac Owners Forum banner

75,000 Mile Checkup

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
2008 STS 1SB
Hi all...nearing 75K miles and just got a note from dealer to schedule my "75,000 mile Checkup." Any idea what this may be other than filter replacements? Any ideas or thoughts on transmission maint.? Timing belts?

G
#2 ·
:ripped:I also have a 2008 1SB. Mine only has 50K miles but I recommend you follow the owners manual required maintenance which is basically an oil change, tire rotation plus fuel and exhaust system checks. At 75K it also says to replace the cabin air filter. My dealer "recommends" a 75K package for $672.34 which includes a bunch of check this and inspect that. Totally unnecessary and a big rip off designed to part you from your money. If you are still under a CPO, you might consider having the dealer do the GM $69.95 package which includes oil change with Mobil 1, tire rotation and a 27 point inspection which covers everything else. If not, I would do it myself. Do not fall for the dealer's scam.

#3 ·
I get the oil changed when the OLM calls for it. That's annually for me and the local shop rotates the tires for an extra $10. 10 quarts of Mobil1 cost less than $60 at Walmart. Air filters (cabin & intake) are easiy enough, so I do them & wipers myself.

The only other scheduled maintenance under 100,000 miles is thottle-body cleaning which I highly recommend even if you use Top Tier gas. It really can improve throttle-response. DIY'ers might be OK but I let the dealer do it for about $70. That was on sale but if your dealer sends out coupons, it's reasonable.

Transmission fluid, coolent & spark plugs last a long time for most members. Cadillac removed the fuel filter from the maintenance schedule. 100,000 is the first major service. These and the rest I'll do when needded. Inspections are free most anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.