: You dont see many V's

Johnnymike
09-10-12, 07:44 AM
You donít see many V's around Chicago. If you believe Wikipedia there are only between 2500 and 3500 delivered
in the US every year with only about 1000 sold in 2007. I donít see how Caddy can make that few and make money.
Anybody worry about being too few to be serviced and warrantied properly.

TexasCTS-V
09-10-12, 09:21 AM
not worried. They're making plenty of non Vs to keep them in business.

Razorecko
09-10-12, 10:21 AM
There are more than a few V's in the chicago land area.

cdog533
09-10-12, 11:38 AM
It's a low production vehicle, but not low compared to some others.

Aston Martin sells about 300 Rapides a year here, and less than 300 DBS's.

They are making money on the CTS series as a whole, and probably V's individually.

1997BlackETC
09-10-12, 11:48 AM
If they were not making money they would not be selling them. Think about it, over 60 grand for a car with a LS engine (well the A for the Supercharger) how much does GM pay for each Eaton Supercharger, I can imagine maybe 3 grand if that. Anyhow, there must be a huge markup on these cars now that they have done all the engineering groundwork since 2008.

Trapspeed
09-10-12, 09:31 PM
There certainly aren't many on the road at all. Only two or three others around me I can think of seeing.

AlphaKing
09-10-12, 09:51 PM
There are 2 black Vs (vagon and sedan) in my neighborhood in Chicago and I typically see at least one on the road every day. The other day I saw 3 other black Vs within 2 hours in Elk Grove. Most recently, I have seen a white diamond sedan with black wheels and silver calipers a few times...wrigleyville and gold coast if I recall. White diamond really is impressive on these cars. I see posts about how other guys have never seen another V on the road, and for a car this rare, I'm disappointed that I see so many!

FFBOS
09-10-12, 10:35 PM
I'm around

Im in the elk grove area

simgolfer
09-10-12, 10:47 PM
I'm around

Im in the elk grove area

I was excited to read this since I live in Elk Grove too, but unfortunately Elk Grove, California. I was just in SoCal for the weekend (Pasadena/Glendale area and Newport Beach) and saw not one CTS-V. Lots of AMGs, Ms, and Bentleys for the rich posers though.

FFBOS
09-10-12, 11:14 PM
Lol. Not too many elk groves

Gary Veeeee
09-11-12, 12:09 AM
I never see any of them that's why every time I go out to my car wherever it's parked people are standing around it. I don't mind, but sometimes Im in a hurry and could do without the chit chat. I've asked before anybody here from upstate New York area.

SoCal_V
09-11-12, 02:00 AM
I see far too many of them in Southern California, but then again Porsches, Ferraris and premium cars are a dime a dozen here.

Not concerned with whether GM will warranty the car, but rather whether GM will require another bailout by our genius president in the next 2 years before my lease is up.

dennych
09-11-12, 03:42 AM
I see far too many of them in Southern California, but then again Porsches, Ferraris and premium cars are a dime a dozen here.

Not concerned with whether GM will warranty the car, but rather whether GM will require another bailout by our genius president in the next 2 years before my lease is up.

funny, I haven't seen any and living in socal for years. Been all around LA area too

Johnnymike
09-11-12, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm in Wheaton IL. I guess I got to get out more. I don't see any V's and I want to see what they look like moving.
Guess I will have to drive up to Elk Grove Village. In Illinois.

AlphaKing
09-11-12, 08:52 AM
Hey FFBOS, I think you were the first one I saw that day. Do you have fire fighter plates? I think we exchanged waves. I knew you were modified by the HX, but I'm surprised at how much you are putting down with what seemed like a fairly quiet exhaust. Just shows how easily you can make these cars absolute beasts.

Saw a thunder grey sedan on the way to work today.

FFBOS
09-11-12, 09:15 AM
Yup firefighter plates. Its very quiet cruising.

FFBOS
09-11-12, 09:17 AM
I've been debating painting the HE black, but I like the contrast behind the black grill for now

M5eater
09-11-12, 10:53 AM
There are a ton around the Hampton roads area.

I can think of no less than 5 I see on a regular basis. Not mentioning the 15-20 different ones I've seen on lots. Nor the Red Vagon.. <3

I'm the only OB one in the area though.. and the only stick that I've seen too, and the only non-sunroof V, and the only one with yellow calipers..

and most of the V's I've seen have the regular seats oddly enough.

:banana:

F U FAST
09-11-12, 02:46 PM
I was excited to read this since I live in Elk Grove too, but unfortunately Elk Grove, California. I was just in SoCal for the weekend (Pasadena/Glendale area and Newport Beach) and saw not one CTS-V. Lots of AMGs, Ms, and Bentleys for the rich posers though.

I am just an hour and a half south of you in the Modesto Area!

I don't see any V2's around here other than a dealership owner's silver Sedan (not the dealership I bought mine from). Oddly enough I never seen thier lot with a V and I drive by it daily. Maybe spot a V1 once every other month. The dealership I did by mine from alway as 1-3 sitting on the lot, but I just don't see the ones being sold around. It's a shame people by these to park in the garage if that is indeed the case.

M5eater
09-11-12, 02:51 PM

I don't see any V2's around here other than a dealership owner's silver Sedan (not the dealership I bought mine from). Oddly enough I never seen thier lot with a V and I drive by it daily. Maybe spot a V1 once every other month. The dealership I did by mine from alway as 1-3 sitting on the lot, but I just don't see the ones being sold around. It's a shame people by these to park in the garage if that is indeed the case.

V1's are far more rare these parts. The only garage parked queens here should be the Vagons, and then that would totally violate the purpose of a super wagon anyway.

Squirlz
09-11-12, 05:33 PM
I live in Lansing where they are made and I've only glimpsed one other in the year since I got mine. I've gone to two races with Cadillac Hospitality where they were dozens. At Belle Isle we had six manual wagons lined up in a row!

CoppeR
09-11-12, 06:11 PM
I think i've only seen 3 around here and the was within the last month. RB and TG coupe and a black sedan.

AlphaKing
09-11-12, 07:40 PM
Hey CoppeR, did you happen to have a brazen orange 06 GTO? I was on those boards a while back and the handle looks very familiar. Some of us Chicago guys met up in the spring and we just so happen to have 6 Raven Black sedans show up. Maybe we should have another get together before the weather changes and some Vs go to sleep for the winter? Our original thread is in the regional part of the forum.

buddyg
09-11-12, 08:00 PM
Never seen another one in my town which is the second largest city in Michigan

FFBOS
09-11-12, 08:23 PM
At least we are more rare than Vettes. Being in a busy suburb I barely see any. Maybe 1 every other week.

lazy7
09-11-12, 08:33 PM
And that's what makes having a V so great. The utmost stealth. My wife thinks it's an old man car. Fine with me! I don't have to share.

Trapspeed
09-11-12, 11:14 PM
My wife thinks it's an old man car.

My wife made that mistake once...right before I pinned her to her seat back on a 20-100+ run. She's a believer now!

simgolfer
09-12-12, 12:01 AM

Nice to have another fellow V driver in the valley. I saw a V at the Sacramento dealership but that's about it. I have seen a black V1 a couple of times but that's it. My friends who either drive German/British or Japanese rice rockets (depending on the group) look at my V cool but the odd duck. At least my car is unique.

Mystical_Ice
09-12-12, 01:34 AM
Remember a large percentage of them get shipped to Dubai and other countries. I saw more CTS-Vs in Dubai than stateside.
I also remember a few years ago going to MTI, and they had several Vs on their lot they were doing work to, only to put them in a shipping container and send them overseas

dcc8203
09-12-12, 08:13 AM
I donít see how Caddy can make that few and make money.

I recall seeing a quote from GM when the Vagon was launched that the breakeven for that model was very, very low...like 37 units.

Gary Veeeee
09-12-12, 08:58 AM
Remember a large percentage of them get shipped to Dubai and other countries. I saw more CTS-Vs in Dubai than stateside.
I also remember a few years ago going to MTI, and they had several Vs on their lot they were doing work to, only to put them in a shipping container and send them overseas

Yeah overseas shipment is big with high-end vehicles and motorcycles there. Years ago I work for Honda motorcycles and they loved the gold wings there and in Germany. I had several contacts overseas that would buy out our high-end stock orders from us. We would get full MSRP and usually about $3-$4000 to set the units for shipping and customs regulations. In turn once the units were there in Dubai or Germany they would turn them for 3 to 4 times MSRP crazy money.

thebigjimsho
09-18-12, 09:45 AM
I've seen close to a dozen different Vs over the last few days here in MA.

Pulled into a rest stop on I-95 in Lexington and in seconds I see a silver V1 and a Raven V2 drive by...

Vwagon2012
09-19-12, 07:37 PM
I've only seen 1 Wagon in South FL, and it's mine. LOL

Lunatik11586
09-20-12, 02:42 AM
Round here all i have seen other than the 1 i test drove is 1 black coupe and tuesday i saw a red sedan (might not have been a V didnt get a very good look lol) but this area most of the people that have that kinda money get bmw or porsche or benz.

GMX322V S/C
09-20-12, 04:24 AM
I've had my V2 since Christmas Eve 2008 and I've seen...two...on the roads around SoCal, including my first V coupe sighting last week (was driving another car though)...

Around DFW on the other hand, I see at least one every time I'm there on a regular basis. Heck, we even saw one in a friggin Bob Evans parking lot in Corning, NY!

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 09:42 AM
The northeast loves them some fast sedans...