: Turn signal blink rate...

R3TRO
09-10-12, 03:55 AM
Ok my left blinker has just started blinking about twice the rate of my right one! It has done this now for two days in a row, but this morning it went back to normal. Anybody else ever had this problem? What should I check for? :hmm:

ddgm
09-10-12, 07:30 AM
Ok my left blinker has just started blinking about twice the rate of my right one! It has done this now for two days in a row, but this morning it went back to normal. Anybody else ever had this problem? What should I check for? :hmm:

Mine did that a couple of years ago. It was the left front one. I thought it was the bulb but it was either the socket or wiring. By jiggling it started working again. You probably hit a few bumps and started it working again. On a sad note, the same thing started happening a couple of days ago so I will have to deal with this again.

Doug

Ludacrisvp
09-10-12, 11:04 AM
That's the typical bulb out indicator.
Either you need a new bulb on the fast blinking side or it's making a poor connection (explains the intermittent issue)

EChas3
09-10-12, 08:45 PM
Next time it happens, see if any of the lights is dim or flickers. Otherwise, toss a coin for front or fender (I think the fender light blinks). I think the LED rears are just good or bad. I'd bet on the front if I had to guess.

My manual says, 'Other drivers will not see the signal.' I infer that the exterior lights that work will flash normally.

02603sec
09-10-12, 09:15 PM
Hi there. Replacing the bulb? Just did this a few months ago. Same symptom intermittent. Had to lift the front take off the tire. Undo the plastic fasteners for wheel well. The plug itself was designed to be water tight. Mine was bone dry. The filament in the old blinker bulb still looked good. I changed it reassembled havent had a problem since. Cant remember the bulb part number, but had to go to az napa and orielly's. Pita considering i couldnt find the part number until i had the old bulb. So i had to leave it on the lift while i chased the part..

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-10-12, 09:35 PM
Which bulb did you replace sec?

EChas3
09-10-12, 10:04 PM
My Triumph taught me to use dialectric grease when I didn't want to visit again soon. A little dab wil do ya!

R3TRO
09-10-12, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the responses! I might just replace both left sides... hell I might just replece the entire front bulbs?!

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-10-12, 11:27 PM
Always replace both sides...IMO its not your fender bulbs/sockets my passenger side fender bulb is never on or doesn't blink and I never get a "hyper flash" indication when blinker is activated on that side