: Mod friendly dealer in los angeles ???

bbang
09-09-12, 08:52 PM
Any body in LA area know of a good dealership that is mod friendly.. Bought my 2012 Vagon at Crestview Cadillac in West Covina. After talking to service Manager, he does not appear to be to friendly about mods..

baabootoo
09-09-12, 10:28 PM
It really doesn't matter how he feels. He can't refuse warranty work because your pipes are too loud .The only possible issue will be when something breaks, and you want Cadillac, not him, to cover it. If the mod is responsible, the maybe you might have an issue. Keep it mild, and you'll have no worries.

flyingv
09-10-12, 01:52 AM
Definitely not Casa de Cadillac in Sherman Oaks.

Karch
09-10-12, 02:58 AM
No idea. Good luck.

kona san
09-10-12, 06:02 PM
I take mine to Martin Cadillac in West LA. No issues with my previous 05 (bolt-ons) and my current 09 (pulley and tune).

SoCalCTSV
09-10-12, 09:11 PM
It really doesn't matter how he feels. He can't refuse warranty work because your pipes are too loud .The only possible issue will be when something breaks, and you want Cadillac, not him, to cover it. If the mod is responsible, the maybe you might have an issue. Keep it mild, and you'll have no worries.

THIS.

It's gott me paranoid but it's true.

SoCal_V
09-11-12, 02:02 AM
Yet to find one. I've made small talk with 3 different service managers at 3 different dealerships and all of them nearly had a heart attack when I simply mentioned bolt-ons like a CAI or even the chirping SC isolator.

hlantin
09-11-12, 11:28 AM
Definitely not Casa de Cadillac in Sherman Oaks.

Ain't this the truth! Took my car in for wheel click for two-piece Brembos and they tagged my car with 'highly modified' suspension since it's got springs and sway bars. Oh well..it is what it is..

flyingv
09-11-12, 01:29 PM
They just refused to fix one of my wheel speed sensors for the same reason, so my traction control and abs are still broken.

Dr. Design
09-13-12, 04:08 PM
We are working with Cadillac to change this for all dealerships. But that will come in time. In the meantime you can try Ted at Blvd Cadillac in Signal Hill. They see plenty of modded V's given that they are right down the street from us. But he will shoot straight with you and not flag your car on site like most service guys. He will give you your options and take it from there. The cool part about him is that you can be upfront with him and disclose your mods.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Any body in LA area know of a good dealership that is mod friendly.. Bought my 2012 Vagon at Crestview Cadillac in West Covina. After talking to service Manager, he does not appear to be to friendly about mods..

BWhite58
09-13-12, 07:23 PM
Who made dealerships God ?

SoCal_V
09-13-12, 08:29 PM
Who made dealerships God ?

LOL seriously? Consumers who agree to their terms, the legal system, and warranty contracts all give dealerships the authority to deny warranty service for modified vehicles.