: FREE books "Bouncing off Guardrails" by chopper builder Axe

cadillaxe
09-09-12, 05:45 PM
"Bouncing off Guardrails" new edition releases in stores 01 Oct. In order to start generating interest, I'll send free advance promotional copies of the book to the first 10 replies i get on this thread. After you reply here, PM me your name and mailing address so i can get it out the door to you. obviously no obligation, though if you don't mind, an honest review when you've read it on BARNES & NOBLE | Bouncing Off Guardrails: Somewhere in Life Between Victorious Triumph and Horrific Annihilation by Axe DeKruif, Morgan James Publishing | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bouncing-off-guardrails-axe/1111032978?ean=9781614482550) would be HIGHLY appreciated. Honestly, that helps me convince B&N stores to put it on their shelves, so it helps me out that way. Thanks!

Trailer
Axe is no saint and burns his candle at both ends with a flame thrower in the center. After bouncing from one guardrail to the other in numerous facets of life, even his .44 magnum can’t protect him from the grim reaper as he faces open heart surgery at age thirty-four. When pending demise slams his brakes, this white collar rock star is forced to shake the Etch-a-Sketch of his life. He survives humble and weak, but still alive.

As his health slowly returns, he captures observations, thoughts, and memories that help him to better understand the world and people around him. More important are the internal lessons he learns as he creates an improved version of himself who’s healthier and happier, but still a fiend for excitement. The whiskey in Axe’s veins is replaced with adrenaline, and pure passions like heavy metal, crunching guitars, and roaring motorcycles are fully realized in his celebration of freedom and life. “Bouncing off Guardrails” is a true, inspirational memoir that intelligently and graphically illustrates a drastic transition from a self-destructive underdog to a man gripping every experience by the throat and cherishing it.

“I guess the distinctiveness in my story lies not within one particular trait, but a combination of multiple extreme experiences and characteristics. The appeal may really be the fact that it’s wild enough to be fiction, but so genuine and honest that it has to be true.” – Axe

http://www.ychrome.com/Axe-BouncingGuardrails%20CVR.jpeg

CadillacLuke24
09-09-12, 08:45 PM
Kudos to you for keepin' at it. Lots of people give up, but ol' Axe sounds like a tough customer. Sign me up!

cadillac kevin
09-09-12, 08:51 PM
Sounds like an awesome book. I'd love to read it.

cadillaxe
09-09-12, 08:57 PM
Kudos to you for keepin' at it. Lots of people give up, but ol' Axe sounds like a tough customer. Sign me up!

always figured better to fail than quit or never try. As a college freshman, a guy asked me if i'd gotten the hot girl's number i'd just talked to earlier. i said no, and he asked me if i'd asked for it. i said no again. He told me "if you don't get rejected occasionally, you're not trying hard enough." words to live by!

cadillaxe
09-09-12, 08:59 PM
Sounds like an awesome book. I'd love to read it.

Cool, just PM me the name/mailing address and i'll try to get it out before heading to FL Thur. Thanks!

CadillacLuke24
09-10-12, 02:35 AM
always figured better to fail than quit or never try. As a college freshman, a guy asked me if i'd gotten the hot girl's number i'd just talked to earlier. i said no, and he asked me if i'd asked for it. i said no again. He told me "if you don't get rejected occasionally, you're not trying hard enough." words to live by!

LOL One of my buddies told me to always swing for the grandstands. You'll strike out alot, but one of these day's you'll knock it out of the park!

cadillaxe
09-10-12, 07:39 AM
LOL One of my buddies told me to always swing for the grandstands. You'll strike out alot, but one of these day's you'll knock it out of the park!

I went to Iowa State, so we trolled the bench for those players who didn't exactly make the starting lineup. Low esteem = easy prey, unfortunately i just didn't realize til years later the hot ones often had even lower esteem. Dang delayed learning...

brandondeleo
09-10-12, 07:42 AM
I've bounced off of guard rails before... it's not fun! :histeric:

I'd be glad to read it.

talismandave
09-12-12, 01:39 AM
Axe if the offer is still up I would love to read it. I almost bought it as an ebook but it wasn't formatted for computer which makes it harder to read. After chatting with you a few months back, I wanted to get to know your story better.

I'm hoping to get the author to sign it someday!:thumbsup:

cadillaxe
09-12-12, 06:59 AM
Axe if the offer is still up I would love to read it. I almost bought it as an ebook but it wasn't formatted for computer which makes it harder to read. After chatting with you a few months back, I wanted to get to know your story better.

I'm hoping to get the author to sign it someday!:thumbsup:

You bet. Will try to get it out today and of course it'll be signed by yours truly. My buddy in FL asked me to sign the copies he bought. After i did, he said he's going to sell them as investments speculating i won't survive the next heart surgery, and they'll be worth something. nice friend:)

talismandave
09-12-12, 11:54 AM
That's cold man! I just think from what I know of you you are a cool dude! I always love interesting individuals with twisted paths in their past. Seems like you qualify on that count. I am looking forward to getting and reading your book, and hopefully meeting you someday.

CadillacLuke24
09-13-12, 06:42 PM
I got a rather pleasant surprise in the mail today:

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj575/CadillacDeadman24/Photographs%20and%20memories/Axe.jpg

Needless to say, I'm already 23 pages in. Since I haven't read the whole thing, I won't comment on it......

.....except for I really like your writing style. It's authentic. It's not like a lot of autobiographies that can be arrogant or stuck up. This is like "Hey. I'm Axe. I'm not perfect, but that's me. What you read is what you get."

And I appreciate that honesty. A lot. Makes you seem like the down-to-earth guy I know you are :D

Thank you for signing it at well. That was a nice touch, and makes it all the more worthwhile.

One thing's for sure, we will have to have a Cadillac/Badass custom Axe chopper build meet at some point. Definitely HAS to happen :D

cadillac kevin
09-14-12, 09:41 PM
I received axe's book today and promptly read the first chapter. I find his writing style very authentic and find it an enjoyable read. He comes off as a "tell it like it is" kind of guy. Oddly, after reading the first chapter, I also wanted to work out, and did so for half an hour. Having not worked out in almost a year, it felt great.

CadillacLuke24
09-15-12, 04:08 PM
Finished it last night :D

Not a whole lot changed, which is good. Authentic, down to earth, and like Kevin said, "tell it like it is". I also feel like you're almost an old friend, Axe, from the way the book was wrote. That was really neat. :D

I'm thrilled to see you've been such a force for positive in your life. It takes a real man to admit he's wrong and make a continually conscious effort to change. I'm rootin' for ya!

talismandave
09-15-12, 10:19 PM
Thank you Axe, received mine today, got to get off this forum and start reading! :lol:

brandondeleo
09-16-12, 04:20 AM
Got mine in the mail today, and I'll get on reading it soon. :bouncy:

cadillaxe
09-16-12, 07:52 PM
Good to hear you guys are receiving and enjoying them. i think the fact that i was just braindumping on the pages and didn't decide to make a book out of it until a year into it helped keep it a genuine, casual read.

Got a kick out of it getting Kevin to work out for the first time in a year. guess different folks will have different responses. Makes some workout, my mom pray, some turn a wrench, and others want to snort jack daniels off a stripper's tramp stamp.

publisher told me last week initial orders are near the 5000 mark already, so look forward to seeing if this thing takes off for the holiday season or what. every sell gets me one step closer to my V-coupe!

highly appreciate the honest feedback, guys. very helpful.

CadillacLuke24
09-16-12, 08:23 PM
Glad to hear it's taking off! From the reviews I read on B&N and Amazon while I was over there, it sounds like your book has been quite well received by both critics and readers alike. I think you'll get that V-coupe sooner than you think :D

cadillaxe
09-16-12, 08:40 PM
Glad to hear it's taking off! From the reviews I read on B&N and Amazon while I was over there, it sounds like your book has been quite well received by both critics and readers alike. I think you'll get that V-coupe sooner than you think :D

thanks, and yes, most have really enjoyed it. the only person who really didn't like it was mom, who still works for the church back home. Said she woke up in the middle of the night, pissed at dad for how i turned out, etc. didn't even want me to do the interview with the local paper and have people know she was the mom in the book. Of all the things i ever did to make her disown me, never thought it'd be writing a book. Kinda too bad she had such a hard time seeing through the fbombs to get to the positive message, but i guess there's some things no parent should have to know about their kids either.

CadillacLuke24
09-17-12, 02:37 AM
That sucks. I think your mom should be happy for you. You've done very well for yourself.

I wish you the best in your relationship with your parents.

cadillaxe
09-17-12, 07:47 AM
That sucks. I think your mom should be happy for you. You've done very well for yourself.

I wish you the best in your relationship with your parents.

thanks, and i do get along with them both great, talk to them almost every weekend, so no lasting damage or anything. she's more accepting of it now that the details have faded from memory a little and she sees me doing good with it like giving motivational talks to cancer groups, my old high school's students, etc. was just the sting of the graphic content at first i guess.

Stingroo
09-17-12, 07:55 AM
Man all this discussion is making me want to read it.

Good to see it's doing well for you.

cadillaxe
09-17-12, 08:29 AM
Man all this discussion is making me want to read it.

Good to see it's doing well for you.

there's still a few freebies left. If you just PM me your name and address in the next little while, i'm sending a few sold books out later today and can get one out to you. was just in your neck of the woods this weekend, and the book has a lot about your area too. In jax thur, drove to miami for fri/sat. i do miss the ocean in that part of the world!

talismandave
09-17-12, 10:41 AM
Do it Sting, it is a good read about an interesting man. I am enjoying it so far and now the next two day are my weekend so I will be able to finish it. Har to put down.

cadillaxe
09-28-12, 07:21 AM
Saturday (tomorrow) i'm giving the healthy motivation talk at the San Antonio Fiesta Gold's Gym at 2 pm. Monday i'll be interviewed on the Kents5 morning TV program somewhere between 9-10, official release date of book, and then i'll be having a book release party at flying saucer Monday night from 5-9 or whenever. Feel free to drop by, bring friends or strippers, etc. :)

Bouncing off Guardrails - Events | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bouncing-off-Guardrails/250851624950753?sk=events)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/486684_437814532921127_1120305626_n.jpg

Stingroo
09-28-12, 08:57 AM
Cool!

Finally got my copy yesterday! My apartment complex apparently makes you jump through a shit-ton of hoops to get a PO box key, and without one, they just hold your mail.

CadillacLuke24
09-28-12, 03:37 PM
It's a great book. I wrote reviews on B&N and Amazon, which is something I never do unless I really like the product. It's exceptional. :D Thanks again Axe :D

cadillaxe
09-29-12, 07:41 AM
Glad the mail system in your apt got you the book finally, Sting. Thanks Luke, definitely appreciate the reviews on the web!!

CadillacLuke24
09-29-12, 04:08 PM
No problem Axe! Glad to help. Besides, we need to get ya a V coupe!!! :yup:

cadillaxe
09-29-12, 10:17 PM
slobber over them things every time i drive by the dealer. gorgeous machines..!

cadillaxe
10-01-12, 05:48 PM
yep, they let Axe on TV and i didn't even cuss. here's my interview from the local TV morning show today.

http://www.kens5.com/great-day-sa/Bouncing-Off-Guardrails-172128581.html

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 12:09 AM
SWEET! I approve!

cadillaxe
10-08-12, 08:02 AM
Before i went into heart surgery, the biggest thing was being able to look back at the experiences I had in life, as that's all you can take with you. I like being able to look back at the last 2 years and know the lesson stuck and i'm still living a bucket list doing everything i can to the hilt. Here's what's happened since the last entry in the book including Rammstein in NYC, motivational talks in IA, Mangos dancers in Miami Beach, sprained ankle in Rockies, and rides through the TX hill country. Enjoy and thanks to those that have bought the book and helping me continue to do these things.

http://youtu.be/V_Ld06q2AoQ

CadillacLuke24
10-09-12, 12:25 AM
Nice! You sound like a busy guy!

I better get busy lol! I could recap my past 2 years in three sentences!

cadillaxe
10-20-12, 06:31 AM
ha, funny Luke.

I hate asking favors, but this is free and a few minutes would really help from those who read the book, I'd really appreciate honest feedback at amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Bouncing-Off-Guardrails-Victorious-Annihilation/dp/1614482551/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350724044&sr=8-1&keywords=books+bouncing+off+guardrails) and B&N (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bouncing-off-guardrails-axe-dekruif/1112483615?ean=9781614482550). Even if you left a review on the old amazon, they didn't carry over to the new book edition. Thanks in advance for a few minutes, as it's much appreciated!!

cadillaxe
11-21-12, 07:40 AM
as proof writing books is just a method for tax deductible fun and not a way to get rich, here's what $5K buys you in advertising these days. i'd have to sell 10,000 books from this ad campaign just to break even on it. But, i did get to do a commercial shoot, including the scene with a hot waitress. If no one will give you 5 minutes in the limelight, you just buy it.

http://youtu.be/o1797yTXJtw

CadillacLuke24
11-26-12, 02:12 AM
Damn that was not a long commercial :D. I liked it though!

cadillaxe
11-26-12, 07:16 AM
yeah, 15 sec isn't much, but they did a nice job with it i thought. should for what it cost...

cadillaxe
12-13-12, 08:36 AM
pretty jazzed in the last week my book hit the top 100,000 on both Kindle (1,000,000 books) and paperback (8,000,000 books). Good to see new minds infected!

cadillaxe
12-13-12, 08:37 AM
oops..... accidentally posted twice while computer was thinking about it...

Stingroo
12-13-12, 08:53 AM
Nice!

I SWEAR I'm going to read my copy over break. I've been swamped with school reading, but I've been able to skim it and I keep wanting to pick it up. I feel like I'll not put it down until it's done, though, so I'm saving it for Christmas (Friday afternoon here I come!).

Congrats, man.

CadillacLuke24
12-13-12, 12:24 PM
New minds infected!! :lol:

Congrats Axe! Before you know it you'll have the V coupe!!

cadillaxe
12-13-12, 01:59 PM
c'mon stingroo. quit hanging out in the cemetery on bert rd and get reading, haha.

Thanks, Luke! have to drive by the dang caddy lot every day, and hoping like hell i can swing one when the '14's come out with the new interface screen. so impractical, yet SOOOO desirable...