: 2013 Cadillac ATS Offers CUE and Apple iPad

investor74
09-09-12, 01:48 PM
A while back, some members were wondering if you get an iPad with the ATS as well as the XTS when you get CUE:

http://www.autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/191059/2013-cadillac-ats-offers-cue-and-apple-ipad.jsp (http://www.autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/191059/2013-cadillac-ats-offers-cue-and-apple-ipad.jsp)

bmw2caddy
09-09-12, 02:03 PM
That's a sweet little bonus

off1c3r
09-10-12, 03:08 AM
This seems.. strange. Honestly, I know the article says it.. but I'll believe it when I see it. For an XTS sticker price, I can see them swinging an iPad. However on an ATS?

danscrim
09-10-12, 07:39 AM
I asked my dealer who had a rep go to an ATS press event, drive the car, etc and he said they are not doing the iPad promotion on the ATS.... just the XTS. I was pretty bummed but I'm not surprised.

AtlantaGuy00
09-10-12, 10:21 AM
That sucks when a fully equiped ATS is within spittin' distance in price of an XTS.

M5eater
09-10-12, 10:25 AM
This seems.. strange. Honestly, I know the article says it.. but I'll believe it when I see it. For an XTS sticker price, I can see them swinging an iPad. However on an ATS?

It doesn't strictly state which ipad, just a '$600 model' . These could be ipad2's.

frankc5r
09-10-12, 10:27 AM

If you configure the 2 in a similar matter, they cost about the same. My premium ATS without sunroof was $52K msrp.

Brooks2
09-10-12, 10:28 AM
Is there any place you can go to download the software that's on the XTS iPad regarding the CUE ?? I'm sure it's the same system and it would be nice to play with it before you get the car, XTS or ATS.

Sozburger
09-10-12, 11:49 AM
Is there any place you can go to download the software that's on the XTS iPad regarding the CUE ?? I'm sure it's the same system and it would be nice to play with it before you get the car, XTS or ATS.

I'm not sure if it's the same thing you get with the XTS but if you go to the App Store and search for "Cadillac CUE" you can download the CUE app which gives you an overview and a ton of tutorials about how to use CUE. It's been out for a few months now.

Cadillac Tony
09-10-12, 04:11 PM
The iPad is WiFi only, 16GB 3rd generation model, not an older style. The software Cadillac loads onto it is the same CUE training app that can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store, as well as the MyCadillac and OnStar Remote Link apps. The big deal is not only a free $500 iPad, but it also carries a laser etched Cadillac logo on the rear case AND a nice magnetically attached Cadillac branded screen cover (the type that sells for $50-$75 with no Cadillac logo).

We were initially told XTS only on the iPads and "not sure yet" on the ATS, but they have since decided to include them with CUE equipped ATSs as well. This is probably only for the new model intro in 2013, as a way of generating buzz and excitement in the press and among shoppers.

bmw2caddy
09-10-12, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info Tony

Jesda
09-10-12, 05:13 PM
That sucks when a fully equiped ATS is within spittin' distance in price of an XTS.

Apples/oranges

frankc5r
09-11-12, 09:44 AM
I asked my dealer who had a rep go to an ATS press event, drive the car, etc and he said they are not doing the iPad promotion on the ATS.... just the XTS. I was pretty bummed but I'm not surprised.

I got an email this am from web site GM Authority confirming that indeed they are going to offer 16 GB wifi 3rd gen Ipads with ATS
purchase. Was going to be just XTS but they changed their mind. So we will see but looks like true.

Brooks2
09-11-12, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info. Hope they continue the iPad in following years.

investor74
09-11-12, 02:19 PM
This at least takes some of the sting away from paying list price, which I am sure will be the case at least in the beginning. Just hope dealers don't charge over MSRP now that you get the iPad.

AtlantaGuy00
09-11-12, 02:47 PM
I'm willing to bet that they got the iPads at a great bulk deal so that it cost GM considerably less than the retail price of the tablet. They can then say that you're getting a $600 ipad which they paid $400 (guessing at numbers) and you pay MSRP for the car. It's a great marketing idea.

Avery323
09-16-12, 12:36 PM
Totally agree with iPads being a great marketing idea. Shows that Cadillac is serous about attracting a new generation of buyers. Think of all the free advertising and pure curiosity factor and potential conversations that can happen when the owner pulls out his Cadillac branded iPad vs a printed owners manual that will never see the light of day outside a glove compartment.