: Picked her up but already had 1 problem.

RJR88
09-09-12, 11:00 AM
I am still very happy. I picked up my new 2012 Coupe on Friday afternoon. I picked her up and drove home in the nice sunlight and had a big smile on my face the whole way. That night I noticed that the driver side head light did not work. My face went to a smile to a frown. I had to drive back to the dealer Saturday morning which is about an hour way. They replaced the ballast. It took them about an hour and a half to replace it. Everything is all good now. Just surprised that it made it through the PDI with the head light not working. The car drives amazing. So SMOOOOOTH and yet powerful. I did not get the Recarro seats because I wanted something comfy. It really feels like you are driving a Caddie but when you step on the gas you feel like you are in a Corvette. The car I traded in was a SL550 which sat super low to the ground. It will take some getting used to sitting so much higher. It does make it nice to get in and out. Hopefully this little problem with the head light that is now fixed will be the only problem that I have.

Trapspeed
09-09-12, 05:45 PM
Hear you on the PDI thing for sure but you'll be doing great if that's the worst thing that happens! Enjoy it!

thebigjimsho
09-09-12, 09:30 PM
The base seats are comfy? And the Recaros are not? I think you're uninformed...

thebigjimsho
09-09-12, 09:31 PM
Regardless, congrats on the new V...

bbang
09-09-12, 09:40 PM
I don't know ....when u dial in the recaros, pretty hard to beat. Have driven for 8 hours at a time (except for gas stops). And that's with a bad
back...

thebigjimsho
09-09-12, 09:58 PM
Drove mine straight home from San Antonio. This July I drove it cross country. 1050 miles from Ottawa to St Cloud, MN in about 19 hours in supreme comfort...

SoCal_V
09-10-12, 02:31 AM
The base seats are comfy? And the Recaros are not? I think you're uninformed...

Sheesh is the guy not allowed to have an opinion on his new car? Quit pissing on his parade.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-10-12, 10:22 PM
That must have been frustrating, RJR88, but I'm glad the ballast was replaced relatively quickly and all is well with your new Cadillac again! Congrats on your V!

Wishing you many happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Stillborn
09-10-12, 10:28 PM
recaros= the only mandatory option. otherwise it's just a big break having v6 with psychological issues.

mpouls1
09-11-12, 01:34 AM
yep, rocking recaro's... to bad that thread is gone. I don't have the recaro's I think the seats are fine. Glad to hear problem fixed. The extra trip just gave you an excuse to get some more "seat" time.

silverstreaker
09-11-12, 03:04 AM
speaking of recaros, how would I go about getting recaros?

hcvone
09-11-12, 07:43 AM
Had one of my first Escalade's HID lights do the same thing the first week I had it, that truck never saw the dealership after the ballast was replaced, hope the same for you. :)

RJR88
09-11-12, 08:32 AM
I did notice a spot on the hood. Looks like something was dripped on it and went through the clear coat. I took some pictures and sent to the dealer just so they know that they were there. Next time I need service I will have them take a look at it. The paint is the Black Diamond so I really do not want them to put a buffer on it. I can live with the spot as long as it does not get worse.

CoppeR
09-11-12, 07:18 PM
Sheesh is the guy not allowed to have an opinion on his new car? Quit pissing on his parade.

Needs to comment on everyone's post....atleast twice.

thebigjimsho
09-14-12, 11:47 PM

It didn't sound like he had ANY seat time in the Recaros. As have many others who badmouth Recaros...mostly because they're cheap...

thebigjimsho
09-14-12, 11:48 PM
Needs to comment on everyone's post....atleast twice.

wut?

ben.gators
09-15-12, 06:31 AM
Congratulations! It's good to hear people are trading in SL550 for a Cadillac! Nice job, Cadillac!

lazy7
09-15-12, 10:16 PM
I don't know ....when u dial in the recaros, pretty hard to beat. Have driven for 8 hours at a time (except for gas stops). And that's with a bad
back...

I have the recaros. I like them and they're very supportive in every way. But I'll be honest - they are hard. And on long trips they make my butt numb. I'm not complaining - it's just a fact. And I had to smile when you said you had driven 8 hours at a time except gas stops. Yea... you dont' drive a V very far between gas stops. On the road maybe 300 miles and you're getting a bit worried. It would have been nice had they made the tank another four or five gallons. But on the other hand - at five hours that's all my butt can take without a lap around the gas station to get some feeling back. But I wouldn't trade them for the regular seats.