: Does sport suspension mode and/or sport transmission made change traction control?

Mr. LCP
09-08-12, 06:22 PM
Going into a U-turn today, I quickly went into sport suspension mode and sport transmission mode, clicked down to 2nd for the turn exit and at power on lit up the rears. They stayed that way for about a second as I unwound the wheel and just stayed in the gas mostly. I was carrying decent speed throughout but not anywhere near maximum cornering load. I was a bit surprised.

baabootoo
09-09-12, 01:17 PM
You did all that during the turn? Could you have hit the TC button by accident? The TC is't as sensitive as other cars either, so you can still break the loose a bit before it kicks in. Did the TC ever kick in when you stayed in the gas?

Mr. LCP
09-09-12, 05:11 PM
You did all that during the turn? Could you have hit the TC button by accident? The TC is't as sensitive as other cars either, so you can still break the loose a bit before it kicks in. Did the TC ever kick in when you stayed in the gas?

I didnt hit the TC button. Going to sport transmission and suspension mode only takes 1 second in total. The tires eventually hooked as I got straight and RPMs climbed. Maybe TC helped. Dunno. Guess its just nice and not so sensitive but to be honest when driving around other cars I wish it was more sensitive. This tends to draw negative attention.

baabootoo
09-10-12, 02:45 PM
Even my DTS was less sensitive than others, and that only had 300 HP.

DiamondWhtV
09-10-12, 04:55 PM
Going to sport transmission and suspension mode only takes 1 second in total.

Dang you are good. I can see moving the shifter into sport mode while in a turn...but to reach up and hit the suspension button on the dash while in a turn...not me. I would have to take my eyes off the road to find it in the first place. Little scary taking your eyes off the road in a turn and all in 1 second. Doable...but I am not that fast.

Mr. LCP
09-10-12, 08:57 PM
Dang you are good. I can see moving the shifter into sport mode while in a turn...but to reach up and hit the suspension button on the dash while in a turn...not me. I would have to take my eyes off the road to find it in the first place. Little scary taking your eyes off the road in a turn and all in 1 second. Doable...but I am not that fast.

Gotta learn that like its instinct. No need to look (other than peripheral vision anyway). The button is in a good spot for that too.

quikag
09-10-12, 10:27 PM
You're driving a V and mid corner you engage sport suspension and sport tranny and give it throttle at exit and you're not wanting to draw unwanted attention? Hahaha aha.....

Mr. LCP
09-10-12, 11:34 PM
You're driving a V and mid corner you engage sport suspension and sport tranny and give it throttle at exit and you're not wanting to draw unwanted attention? Hahaha aha.....

I'm used to driving a quattro AWD S4 with 450hp and 3500ish pounds. That thing was any throttle anywhere any time with no drama or attention. You could drive it like a bat out of hell in traffic and only be noticed just because you were going a lot faster than the other cars. It was about the same speed as my stock V.

quikag
09-11-12, 12:18 PM
Okay, to answer your question, the traction control does allow a bit of slip before trying to seamlessly reign in some of the torque. That said there is a time lapse before TC kicks in, so the butt will wiggle. If TC didn't do it's job, you would have swapped ends and crashed most likely.

Please remember you are now driving a 556hp/551 torque REAR wheel drive car versus your Quattro AWD Audi with 100 less horsepower. The butt will wiggle. If you want to know how badly, then turn off TC next time and nail the gas at corner exit and see what happens. If you really want to go nuts, turn off TC and stability control.