: Anyone using OnStar RemoteLink on your phone?

elevated
09-07-12, 08:09 PM
Just curious of your experience and how great it works? Especially the remote start option.

McGuffy
09-07-12, 08:25 PM
I have it as part of the free trial - the remote start, door unlock, fuel/tire level stuff works great, but I'm not sure it's $199/yr great.

cruiser68
09-07-12, 08:28 PM
I use it, it works well. Not work the subscription alone but I like it.

seandalal
09-07-12, 10:18 PM
its the best app i have ever used

RGaret
09-08-12, 06:18 AM
I find it slow to respond sometimes. Definitely not renewing Onstar when the trial is over so I will only have it for a few more months.

neuronbob
09-08-12, 06:25 AM
I sure wish I could use the app but OnStar has chosen not to make it available for 2009 owners.

BigDog001
09-08-12, 07:11 AM
Love OnStar - much better than I ever expected and love the ap -- I also signed up for the option that tells you where your car is -- especially good when I valet the car for peace of mind in NYC.

Crystal Red CTS-V
09-08-12, 02:07 PM
Like mine, although it is slow to update. Mainly have the OnStar because the phone reception is better than the regular cell phone.

Smokin_Cache
09-16-12, 01:24 AM
Amazing app. Have it on the V and my truck. Well worth the money. Just the other day I was sittingon a plane about to push back and I could not remember locking the car in the parking lot. Used the app and had a great trip. Otherwise it would have drove my crazy for the week I was gone.

MacBuster
12-05-12, 04:41 PM
Did they change something?

It now says I can't send navigation coordinates to the car's in-dash navigation, unless I have the Directions and Connections package. Really?

Bullet Tooth
12-05-12, 04:44 PM
I really like the app. Peace of mind when I am gone and really good on rare occasions that the car is outside and cold/hot and I want to start it early. Well worth the price, IMO.

RJS09GTR
12-06-12, 12:03 AM
I love it! Worth the money in my opinion

mrkool
12-06-12, 12:13 AM
to me it was novelty used it couple of times but don't think i will be renewing my subscription.

RGaret
12-06-12, 08:34 AM
I fint it gimmicky. Why would I need to start my car from my phone? I use it oncein a while just because I have it, but I definitely dont need it and for $199/yr I will definitely not be renewing this. GM needs to get real. The absolutely most this is worth to me is $50/yr.

OnStar Advisor
12-06-12, 08:48 AM
Did they change something?

It now says I can't send navigation coordinates to the car's in-dash navigation, unless I have the Directions and Connections package. Really?

Hi MacBuster,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the RemoteLink not sending directions and our team is working to resolve this. It should be resolved soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

hulksdaddy
12-06-12, 08:57 AM
Hi MacBuster,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the RemoteLink not sending directions and our team is working to resolve this. It should be resolved soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Hi Jessica,

Very nice to see you on the board. Question: My remote functions for lock/unlock, horn & lights/stop horn & lights etc have only been working sporadically. Keep getting "Error communicating with server" "Authentication Failed User session expired (101)".

Any idea?

Dave

OnStar Advisor
12-06-12, 11:11 AM
Hi Dave,

When did you last attempt to connect with the app? We were aware of an issue that has since been resolved today. If you havn't tried in the last hour or so, try again and let me know if it's working. If it's not connecting send me a PM with your account number and type of phone you are using for the app.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

khoeysr
12-06-12, 11:34 AM
I have been using the app on an Iphone 4s and now an Iphone 5. Works just fine.

FLTRI
12-06-12, 12:47 PM
I have had if since Day 1 and love it. Now anyway.

It was Very buggy at first, super slow if it worked at all, and it usually didn't. I was getting errors every time I used it. Called OnStar and they bent over backwards trying to get it working. I saw improvement, but is still failed often. They eventually gave up, provided a case number and said take it to the dealer. As it wasn't stopping me from driving the car, I held onto the number and figured I'd have the dealer look at it when I had my free service. Surprisingly, it magically fixed itself about 2 months later, and has worked ever since.

If you have two or more cars with OnStar you can swap cars within the app. On my wife's SRX, there are even more functions as the electrics on her car are newer.

MacBuster
12-06-12, 01:20 PM
to me it was novelty used it couple of times but don't think i will be renewing my subscription.

Some things you gotta have just because they are cool.

I mean, you don't exactly need 556 hp either. But it's awesome.

OnStar Advisor
12-06-12, 01:43 PM
I have been using the app on an Iphone 4s and now an Iphone 5. Works just fine.

Khoeysr,

I'm glad your app is working! It's a nice feature to have during these upcoming winter months. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Lenvo65
12-06-12, 09:00 PM
I have it on my 2012 and like it for sending directions to car, remote start and lock, but no sure I would pay $199 a year for it.

MacBuster
12-07-12, 12:29 AM
Mine is back to working normally.

OnStar Advisor
12-07-12, 08:19 AM
Sorry for the delay. I'm glad the app is running successfully for you now. If anyone has any questions about OnStar just let me know.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

jsherid1
12-07-12, 12:31 PM
Just downloaded and activated it today. Will let yall know what I think.