: P0335 code, service traction control, reduced engine power

FFBOS
09-06-12, 11:51 PM
Recently had headers installed.

Dealer says I have a bad wheel position sensor not sure how they diagnose it.

I went in because after the headers I had service Stabilitrak and stabilitrak off on the DIC.

I wanted to see how much stabilitrak was off so I gave it 3/4-7/8 throttle and I got the thump sound, engine chugging, reduced engine power, no rpms registering on the tach, car ran like shit.

I have an Aeroforce gauge on my dash. I cleared the P0335 code that showed up. The engine came back to life, but I still had no tach and also still has an SES.

I limp home start it back up and the code is gone and the rpms work again, I still have the service stabilitrak issue. Are these 2 scenarios related?

I'm attempting to go to a mod friendly dealer on Monday morning to have this issue fixed. I'm afraid to give it throttle after what happened

Any thoughts?

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-07-12, 02:34 PM
FFBOS, please let us know how your Monday appointment goes when you get the chance! If you'd ever like me to call a dealer for you to ask for their motivations behind a diagnosis or decision, just let me know. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

FFBOS
09-07-12, 06:59 PM
I'm a little peeved that I was charged for a diagnosis. They (dealer I went to first) won't warranty because I have headers.

Exhaust in my mind has nothing to do with stabilitrak. It should be covered. I'm trying a "better" dealer on Monday.

Thanks

FFBOS
09-09-12, 01:12 PM
Bump. 330+ views and not one technical response?

jft69z
09-09-12, 01:33 PM
P0335 code is for Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.

Your code scanner may not be powerful enough to give you anything else related to the suspension. Maybe whoever installed the headers may have unplugged something or banged up a sensor or wiring.

wait4me
09-10-12, 11:23 AM
Im guessing that you have a wire set on the passenger side of your car touching the exhaust or really close to it causing melted wires. When they hit/ground out to the headers, they are making your other codes and driving issues happen. Possibly blown fuses as well now????

FFBOS
09-10-12, 02:59 PM
Had another dealer look at it. Turns out my steering wheel was slightly turned to the left after the header install. This was causing the stabilitrak code which made the car think it was constantly turning when it wasn't.

Going for an alignment soon

I havent seen the po335 code again yet

jft69z
09-10-12, 04:40 PM
The steering wheel has a position sensor too (all tied in with the stability, etc.). Wondering why that would have got out of whack during a header install. Is that what the original dealer was talking about, maybe, steering wheel position sensor? That will spit out a code too. At any rate, a good alignment shop will know what to do, keep us updated.

Joe T.

FFBOS
09-10-12, 06:35 PM
All fixed. Like you said above it was a steering wheel position sensor.

During the header install the steering linkage in the engine bay is disconnected. It wasn't put back 100% straight. This tripped the sensor. The car tbought it was making constant turns while going straight. Damn computers.

Seems to be all good now after the alignment