: mp3 playback from USB problems

RyanZ
09-06-12, 01:42 PM
Rather than bother with transferring my music to the car's hard drive, I have a 32gb usb drive I plan on sticking in the car and leaving. I successfully put about 7gb of music on the drive and everything seemed to be working fine. Today I put another 3-4 albums on the drive and the car is only recognizing one of them. In my various lists, I don't see the folders, artists, or tracks. I have no idea why this isn't working. Here's a few of the things I've tried.

-I played the files on my computer. They work fine.
-I re-encoded them at a different bit rate. They still weren't seen by the car.
-I moved the mp3s to the root drive of the usb (I thought there may be some kind of folder limit). They still weren't seen.
-I double checked to make sure the file names weren't exceedingly long or had special characters.

My next step will be to wipe my drive and put on JUST the files that currently aren't seen, but if someone has another suggestion that doesn't involve re-copying 7gb of music I'd love to hear it. Thanks much.

McGuffy
09-06-12, 01:53 PM
Some info in this thread might help -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/185587-usb-flash-drive-limits.html