: 1998 caddy STS fixed wp pulleys & belt. More issues!!!

Dastro79
09-06-12, 01:02 PM
Ok thanx everyone 4 providing me with details & info on repairing my wp drive pulley & tensioner. I had to wait on parts & rent the tool from auto zone. Here how it looks now.... All fixed & put back togther.

Dastro79
09-06-12, 01:05 PM

Dastro79
09-06-12, 01:17 PM
I got the wp pulleys done Monday. I didn't drive it 2 test because I stripped the oil drain plug & couldn't change the oil. Tuesday morning I got the oil changed & bought new drain plug. I drove the car Tuesday & Wednesday all day to & from work & few other places. It drove like normal ( excellent!!!) I came in about midnite last night & car was fine. This morning I went to fire her up & bag her into the driveway..... I put in reverse & she jerked hard into gear at a high idle. After running about 5mins, check engine light popped on. Normally, I can get the engine light out cause it pops on from time to time because of that speed sensor. You know.... just hold down those 2 buttons and reset the engine light. Now with this high idle & jerking into gear, it won't reset the engine light is on steadily! The error codes I'm getting are: IPM B1340, IPM1343, PCMP0123, PCM1121. I don't know if these codes represent the newest problem but here goes that domino effect..... fix one thing then all hell starts! Lol

Dastro79
09-06-12, 01:33 PM
The car is idling up and down. It goes up to 1500rpms then down to 1000rpms repeatedly. I checked trans fluid & it was good. There is a hose/tube that is just hanging freely. I didn't really notice this until after I fixed the water pump pulleys. I dont think I saw this before when I would just randomly pop the hood. Her's the tube I'm talking about. I dont know if it has anything to do with the idling problem & engine light being on tho.....97100

Submariner409
09-06-12, 01:37 PM
That's the transmission vent. Supposed to be clipped to the side of the throttle cable bracket. See that black plastic U there ?? Wire-tie the vent hose (not the wiggle cap) to that clip.

Your WP picture attachments are dead.

The P codes refer to the TPS - Throttle Position Sensor - high voltage codes. That sensor is on the side of the throttlebody next to where you were working on the WP drive pulleys - did you unplug or hit any electrical connectors ??

Slightly different engine, but close ...... TPS location pictures in my albums - click my username, open the profile. 2 albums, 6 pages in the left column.

Always post your code definitions and whether each is Current or history - use this - the other code types (B,C,U) are at the top of the page - http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2p.html#pow

Dastro79
09-06-12, 02:50 PM
OOOOOK!!!!:thepan: Thanx for the heads up. It was a connector just slightly unplugged. I guess I hit a bump or sumthn loosened it up just enough last night for it to cause the difference in the performance because it drove beautifully since I fixed the wp components & changed the oil.

Submariner409
09-07-12, 10:55 AM
Dastro79, I started a new thread up in Seville - concerning your air blend door problems - you'll get more hits there than in "Engines".

Look for "1998 Seville - Air blend door problems"

barrylee
09-07-12, 03:32 PM
OOOOOK!!!!:thepan: Thanx for the heads up. It was a connector just slightly unplugged. I guess I hit a bump or sumthn loosened it up just enough last night for it to cause the difference in the performance because it drove beautifully since I fixed the wp components & changed the oil.

oh man i just shot marvin in the face.
you what? what the . did you do that for?
I didnt mean to do it, you mustve hit a bump or somethin...

love that movie