: Service stability system,service brake assistance,service steering and t/c light

Evomike
09-05-12, 09:27 PM
Hi I need help my 06 sts 4 went crazy today . The service stability ,brake assistance ,steering and traction control light came on. Anyone know how to fix this or what could have caused this?

EChas3
09-05-12, 10:45 PM
Is it OK now? I'd suspect a wheel speed sensor.

Evomike
09-06-12, 09:33 PM
No I started the this morning no light on , so I took around the block next thing u now all the light came on . I guess I have to suck it up and take it to The dealer

B1n2fra
09-07-12, 06:55 AM
Really does sound like a wheel hub issue. When car turns off and back on the problem goes away until the car is driven. A short in one of the wheel hub sensors

jmsnyder
09-11-12, 11:19 PM
I have the same problem with my 07. It also doesn't think it is in Park sometimes when I shut off the car. I ran diagnostics and got the following error codes: P0856, P1793, U0121. I've been researching for hours and only found generic error code descriptions, but other people seem to think the problem may indeed be the wheel hub. Another forum suggested it could be as simple as finding and replacing a bad fuse that may have shorted out along with disconnecting the battery to reset the codes. Unplugging the battery didn't work, and I have no idea which fuse could be bad, but I'd really rather not pay a dealer for hours of labor to figure out the problem and then overpay for whatever parts I need. Please help!

EChas3
09-11-12, 11:26 PM
How long was the battery disconnected? The reset procedure just speeds the process by touching the two cables together (discharges any capacitors).

I doubt it's a fuse. There's one fuse-box under the hood and another in front of the rear-passenger-side seat.

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-11-12, 11:56 PM
Mine did the same thing yesterday but with abs light and no steering message...I drove it home with everything on and shut it off, started it, and still no lights again...I did notice yesterday when I turned the car off the shifter did "click" slightly so maybe that's a part of it seeing how yours is having an "in park" problem

jmsnyder
09-12-12, 12:00 AM
The first time I only disconnected it for a couple minutes.

At work I just disconnected it for about 45 minutes, and the battery did reset, but I haven't been able to drive it yet so I will have to report on that later.

jmsnyder
09-12-12, 11:40 AM
I'm not noticing any click DarkMing, but I'll look for that today.

Platinum06
09-12-12, 02:14 PM
Wheel sensor!

EChas3
09-12-12, 10:00 PM
E is an owner in denial.

Evomike
09-19-12, 08:23 PM
So after almost two week of the car being at the dealer, they found that the problem was a wiring harness connection to my front wheel. Their reason why it took so long that issue caused like 40 different codes to come on every time they cleared drove so they had to keep clear it and driving the to find the same that did come on.

Evomike
09-25-12, 03:16 PM
I picked my car up from the dealer they told it was all done the problem was a speed sensor , by the time I drove it which not even 6 miles same problem all over again. I took back they looked at yesterday now their telling me it's the electronic brake control module. Anyone know where I can get one?

LICCIARDI
09-25-12, 03:42 PM
That happened to my 06 sts v6. Was my battery voltage was low. Bad battery!! I just had a more serious issue I felt a sputter at 65mph and check engine light came on and weird noise coming from engine. I checked oil and oil was empty 2600mile after oil change. Added 4.5 quarts. Error code says misfire on 2,4 and 6. Reset light and drove 150 miles no light. I dropped off at dealer ship to check it out. Any one familiar with this issue. PLEASE HELP. AND HOW DO I START A THREAD ON HERE?

EChas3
09-25-12, 07:55 PM
Click 'Thread Starter' at the top of the forum.

brewitzer
09-30-12, 02:34 PM
I have an STS 4 and have a lot of the same problems. I also have experienced my traction control kicking in while coasting, backing out of my driveway or actually as I'm just driving normal in dry conditions....I can hear it kick in but it doesn't always alert me while it happens. Sometimes it'll kick in while coasting while I'm making a right hand turn and haven't even hit the gas yet and my car dang near stalls while in the intersection and it takes a few seconds to engage. I was broadsided in my door in my 2000 STS five years ago (today actually) and don't want that to happen again! Thanks for any input!!

jmsnyder
10-15-12, 08:57 AM
I had a diagnostic computer run on my car. The error message was "The electronic brake control module (EBCM) detects an internal malfunction or loss of ground. The diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC: DTC C0550 Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Performance. An internal EBCM malfunction exists. Possible causes of this DTC: open ground at the ECBM, internal malfunction in the EBCM."

The mechanic checked the ground circuits and they were fine. I am not sure what checks they did on the EBCM. The mechanicthinks the problem is the ECU itself and wants to replace it. Maybe these are one in the same? My knowledge of car electronics is quite limited. The diagnostic steps say to "Replace the EBCM" if the ground and EBCM cables are clean and connected. I went in thinking I was going to need a new hub assembly, now I have no idea!

EChas3
10-15-12, 07:43 PM
What's Chris @ Rippy's price? ... Your favorite recycler? Do it.

I would have guessed a wheel-speed sensor but to go against the diagnostics is illogical.