: V in for service, got a coupe as a loaner - first impressions

DPL
09-05-12, 09:55 PM
Of course the styling is wild and not for everyone but I am amazed with the amount of room inside the car and in the trunk. I swear its the same amount of space as my sedan. Other notable notables:

- love the backup camera (my 09 doesn't have it)
- blind spot indicators in the mirrors, kinda cool I guess
- build quality, seems a little better than my 09 with all the interior creaks and such
- door openers, I like push button door openers
- standard seats no recaros... wow do I love my recaros

Would it be wrong to have a sedan and a coupe? :cool:

Mr. LCP
09-05-12, 10:03 PM
I had one a while back and thought it was a joke. Head room was a solid 2 inches less in the front and I didn't even bother to measure the back. Can't be over 6-1 tops is my estimate to fit properly in the front seat. That's pretty sad for a car as heavy as the coupe is. But some people think only 2 door cars are "sporty" so the coupe still has its place. For most, it's not all comparable to the sedan despite the throngs of coupe vs. sedan posts here.

hulksdaddy
09-05-12, 10:08 PM
I had one a while back and thought it was a joke. Head room was a solid 2 inches less in the front and I didn't even bother to measure the back. Can't be over 6-1 tops is my estimate to fit properly in the front seat. That's pretty sad for a car as heavy as the coupe is. But some people think only 2 door cars are "sporty" so the coupe still has its place. For most, it's not all comparable to the sedan despite the throngs of coupe vs. sedan posts here.

You are too effin' cool bro. :helpless:

DPL
09-05-12, 10:14 PM
I'm 5'10" so didn't feel the same way at all. Again, my first impression was wow, how much room is in the back and trunk

rogueag
09-06-12, 09:44 AM
I got the coupe because it didn't look like just another CTS. I don't have a problem with head room but then I am not 6'6".

Crystal Red CTS-V
09-06-12, 11:12 AM
My buddy is 6' 5" and was amazed at how easily he was able to fit in the coupe. He said it was the first vehicle he sat in that he didn't have to move the seat all the way back to the rear, Of course, I don't have the sunroof, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with available headroom.

jb7952
09-06-12, 11:40 AM
I have driven all three, I drove the coupe and sedan because the wagon wasn't available to test even though that's what I ended up with.

My impression of the coupe is that it lacked headroom, I'm only 6'1 and I wasn't really comfortable. But what really struck me the most was the weight distribution. I found the coupe too light in the back compared to the other two. The coupe I drove would just throw the back end out way too easy, even just going straight. The wagon, with a bit more weight in the back, mine just squats and goes. The sedan is somewhere in betweem. I also found, amazingly, that the wagon went around corners better as well. Some of the track tests have shown the same thing. (American Top Gear for example) Just my experience. I LOVE the coupe from a visual perspective.

curvedinfinity
09-06-12, 12:58 PM
I'm 6'2" and I have a Coupe w/ Recaros. I have track time (with a helmet) in all 3 Vs plus some time in the Porsches & BMWs. There's plenty of room in the Coupe. Wait till you sit in a Lotus.

McGuffy
09-06-12, 05:29 PM
I'm 6'3" 220# with a coupe/Recaros/sunroof - the sunroof shade is right there when closed, but I still fit comfortably.

Mr. LCP
09-06-12, 10:07 PM
I'm 6'3" 220# with a coupe/Recaros/sunroof - the sunroof shade is right there when closed, but I still fit comfortably.

You're leaning your spine about 3 inches to the right if you fit your head up into the sunroof opening in a CTS. I am 6-5 BTW (and don't have to do that with the sedan, but just barely). After a while, that kind of lean is going to mess with your back.

thebigjimsho
09-06-12, 10:41 PM
Torso, people.

larry arizona
09-07-12, 09:51 AM
We call that lean the "Detroit Lean" So that you can hide behind the B pillar and in towards the center of the vehicle to have the best chance to survive getting capped by a 9.

But seriously if you drive a 6M its what you do anyways. i am 6' 2" 240 and have zero head clearance issues in a sedan with roof, however I do a slight detroit lean to fit my melon in the panoroof opening. Almost like I am dino from the flintstones.

Drove a buddies coupe before I decided on the sedan due to the coupe feeling very tight, and being used to driving trucks for the last 15+ years even the sedan took some getting used to.

McGuffy
09-07-12, 10:01 AM
I think you're right - I do lean a bit at times, but I don't seem to have to when the shade is open (which is most of the time). If the back feels funny after a long roadie, I'll know why.

SoCalCTSV
09-07-12, 10:31 AM
Torso, people.

I look like a midget sitting down but I'm 6'3"