: 1,226 Horsepower CTS-V Coupe

93DevilleUSMC
09-05-12, 06:33 PM
Why??? WHY????? Because "`Merica!", that's why!

http://jalopnik.com/5940718/heres-the-1226-hp-cadillac-thats-challenging-bugatti?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

CadillacLuke24
09-05-12, 07:23 PM
OH MY GOD

If the driver doesn't kill himself, he will ANIHILATE the Veyron.

I WANT THIS. BADLY.

Johnxlrv
09-05-12, 08:52 PM
Bugatti...BAH!...it was interesting to spend a entire day at a recent Saratoga Car show about 30 feet from one of these...Though, it received attention, my stock XLR did equally as much. In fact, it was interesting to hear folks say that they were more interested in a car they could possibly afford...

93DevilleUSMC
09-05-12, 09:41 PM
Any V plus Mr. Hennessy's tuning package would be WELL under the price of a Bugatti.

cadi509
09-05-12, 10:42 PM
Ermahgerd!! That's beautiful

thebigjimsho
09-05-12, 11:03 PM
If I possibly ever had a choice, i'll gladly take the Bugatti all day long...

It's the most advanced car ever. SHADDUP!

vincentm
09-06-12, 12:09 AM
SHADDUP!

"aaah, Shaddapp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dKfiIgZmKQ

The-Dullahan
09-06-12, 12:38 AM
...Hmmmmm...

cadi509
09-06-12, 12:55 AM
Hmmmm

The-Dullahan
09-06-12, 01:31 AM
Indeed.

CadillacLuke24
09-06-12, 01:41 AM
Any V plus Mr. Hennessy's tuning package would be WELL under the price of a Bugatti.

And MORE THAN worth the price of admission. I'd take a Cadillac over a Bugatti any day.

The-Dullahan
09-06-12, 06:28 AM
^Cadillacs, even the modern ones, look far nicer and are a decent bit more comfortable.

ShapeShifter
09-06-12, 02:41 PM
Since I'm dreaming, if given a choice I'd take take the Bugatti. Then drive it a minute, sell it and buy the Hennessay TT Coupe, a Jag XKL SuperSport, a 68 or 69 RS/SS Camaro, a XTS for daily use and still have lots of change left. I suspect that annual operating expense alone for the Bugatti has to be unworldly.

cadillac kevin
09-06-12, 03:45 PM
Since I'm dreaming, if given a choice I'd take take the Bugatti. Then drive it a minute, sell it and buy the Hennessay TT Coupe, a Jag XKL SuperSport, a 68 or 69 RS/SS Camaro, a XTS for daily use and still have lots of change left. I suspect that annual operating expense alone for the Bugatti has to be unworldly.

Wonder what insurance is on a million dollar car?

CadillacLuke24
09-06-12, 03:48 PM
ShapeShifter is a GENIUS. What a list of cars too!

1percenter
09-06-12, 07:15 PM
i dont think i would make it around the block on this thing

The-Dullahan
09-06-12, 07:27 PM
Didn't you just say you were looking for a CTS? This is your chance!

CadillacLuke24
09-06-12, 11:12 PM
Hahahaha that'd be quite an upgrade from a C6 LOL

The-Dullahan
09-07-12, 03:07 AM
He'd be fine!

Honestly, Luke, I really don't know what it is like to drive anything with less than eight cylinders. In fact, there are only three times I have. Quite often, I find that The Automatic Transmission is still a mysterious and magical device to me.

My Bike is not V8 powered (but has two-four cylinder engines, so if I took a blowtorch...) My friend's Chevy has a straight six, and I drive it fairly regularly, but that is still not a V6.

Sometime in October of 2009 I did drive a V6 once...and to be honest, it was a CTS. Took it 700 miles to NC, to grab a CTS-V (the first one I got) and took it back to FL. All I really remember about the CTS was it being a bit cramped and making better time from Clermont to Asheville in the V6 CTS than the V8 CTS-V made coming back.

Aside from that, I have no real recollection of it's capabilities other than doing no less than 100 MPH the entire way, I really can only speculate what the ever elusive "V-Six Engine" is all about and will likely never pay money to own a vehicle with one. Several months later when Josiah purchased his, I tried to remember what the car was like, but since I didn't have any negative comments to make about it, figured there must not have been any to remember to begin with and therefore, Josiah's CTS upgrade was good news to me.

How's the old (new) girl running, Mr. Flynn?

Submariner409
09-07-12, 01:55 PM
There's an article about the Hennessey V-Coupe on the FoxNews home page today.

93DevilleUSMC
09-07-12, 04:54 PM
He'd be fine!

Honestly, Luke, I really don't know what it is like to drive anything with less than eight cylinders. In fact, there are only three times I have. Quite often, I find that The Automatic Transmission is still a mysterious and magical device to me.

My Bike is not V8 powered (but has two-four cylinder engines, so if I took a blowtorch...) My friend's Chevy has a straight six, and I drive it fairly regularly, but that is still not a V6.

Sometime in October of 2009 I did drive a V6 once...and to be honest, it was a CTS. Took it 700 miles to NC, to grab a CTS-V (the first one I got) and took it back to FL. All I really remember about the CTS was it being a bit cramped and making better time from Clermont to Asheville in the V6 CTS than the V8 CTS-V made coming back.

Aside from that, I have no real recollection of it's capabilities other than doing no less than 100 MPH the entire way, I really can only speculate what the ever elusive "V-Six Engine" is all about and will likely never pay money to own a vehicle with one. Several months later when Josiah purchased his, I tried to remember what the car was like, but since I didn't have any negative comments to make about it, figured there must not have been any to remember to begin with and therefore, Josiah's CTS upgrade was good news to me.

How's the old (new) girl running, Mr. Flynn?

She just broke 100,000 miles and is running like the day I just bought her. As a matter of fact, I think she needs a run down to Florida for beers and shenanigans, preferably on a Tuesday or Wednesday. You in?

The-Dullahan
09-07-12, 06:46 PM
Make it a Wednesday. We'll borrow Sting for the day too.

cadillac kevin
09-07-12, 06:51 PM

I wish I was in florida. :(

CadillacLuke24
09-07-12, 11:06 PM
Me too. One of these days.

The-Dullahan
09-08-12, 01:11 AM
Luke, we talked about this last night. Make a [Valid] meet in your home city.

I'll come. Craig will come. We always do. Murdock will have to come and on the way, I'll grab Sting, tie him up and throw him in the back.

Kevin, same goes for you. Get with Jesda and organize some interesting shenanigans. That is the easiest way to make me appear someplace: Shenanigans.

CadillacLuke24
09-08-12, 06:59 PM
O.K., worth a shot.

Who would be able to come to a Western Cadillac Owners' meet? I'm thinking March 17th, 18th, or 19th, 2013, in Laramie WY. Spring break for the University, so the town will be quiet, and I will be in town for school. I'm sure we could organize some shenanigans, and there are some sweet mountain roads that would make for a nice cruise.

Who's in? :D

93DevilleUSMC
09-08-12, 08:03 PM
O.K., worth a shot.

Who would be able to come to a Western Cadillac Owners' meet? I'm thinking March 17th, 18th, or 19th, 2013, in Laramie WY. Spring break for the University, so the town will be quiet, and I will be in town for school. I'm sure we could organize some shenanigans, and there are some sweet mountain roads that would make for a nice cruise.

Who's in? :D

I've got a wedding to attend in Utah,so I don't now what my travel budget will be like.

93DevilleUSMC
09-08-12, 08:11 PM

I'll let you know by next week, but Wednesday sounds good. How does October sound?

cadillac kevin
09-08-12, 08:20 PM
Luke, we talked about this last night. Make a [Valid] meet in your home city.

I'll come. Craig will come. We always do. Murdock will have to come and on the way, I'll grab Sting, tie him up and throw him in the back.

Kevin, same goes for you. Get with Jesda and organize some interesting shenanigans. That is the easiest way to make me appear someplace: Shenanigans.

Jesda and I had interesting shenanigans (and yet you were not there). We went to a ball game. I think I kind of creeped one of his friends out, and another one of his friends got me drunk with "purple drink" that had everclear in it (oddly normal beer had no effect on me). I don't recall much of the night. I do believe I fell over a couple times (my legs felt like jello), and I recall jesda complimenting me on my buick and saying how he wanted to drive it.

93DevilleUSMC
09-08-12, 09:17 PM
Chamus, do we need to plan a Stingnapping? Or a Sting operation?

Stingroo
09-08-12, 09:37 PM
Wait, what?

Jacksonville mini meet?

93DevilleUSMC
09-08-12, 09:40 PM
Yes, a Jax mini meet. I can travel further south if required. I haven't gotten to do a mini road trip since 2010, and I've got a serious travel itch.

thebigjimsho
09-09-12, 12:22 AM
Jesda and I had interesting shenanigans (and yet you were not there). We went to a ball game. I think I kind of creeped one of his friends out, and another one of his friends got me drunk with "purple drink" that had everclear in it (oddly normal beer had no effect on me). I don't recall much of the night. I do believe I fell over a couple times (my legs felt like jello), and I recall jesda complimenting me on my buick and saying how he wanted to drive it.

Stay away from Hot Apple Pie...

93DevilleUSMC
09-11-12, 06:48 PM
Chamus, PM me. I'm thinking either the first or second Wednesday of October.

M5eater
09-17-12, 10:00 AM
A 1226 HP 30K coupe does not bugatti killer make. Is Hennessey serious? Thing thing would still loose. It still has the coefficient of a Brick, it still will loose traction in every gear. It still using the super tall stock gear ratios. It's still running regular-ass Michelins. Running to Vmax in a bugatti is dangerous enough. I can't imagine they'd be able to find anyone with enough of a death wish to run anywhere near a Bugatti's Vmax in a 1200+ HP CTS Coupe, besides the simple fact that it won't run anywhere near Vmax.

Beyond that though; DROOL. and I hate coupe's.

I didn't know that the V's came without aluminum pedal's though? I thought it was standard by the time they came out.

93DevilleUSMC
09-17-12, 01:22 PM
Even if the Bugatti would destroy it, I'd still love to have it for the awesomeness of the thing, not to mention the sheer insanity of it. And I honestly can't remember what kind of pedals any of the V`s I test drove had. I know, I know, I'm no help.

thebigjimsho
09-17-12, 07:24 PM
Aluminum pedals are an option...

M5eater
09-17-12, 08:37 PM
note.

93DevilleUSMC
09-17-12, 09:12 PM
I'd take aluminum pedals.