: Need to replace my fog light on STS V8

alwayspaid-ntg
09-03-12, 08:37 PM
My fog lights are out and I have no clue how to replace them?

Rolex
09-03-12, 08:53 PM
Or where to post your thread about it. ;)

:moved: to STS forums.

curtc
09-03-12, 09:32 PM
Thanks Rolex, I'll take this from here...

You'll have to remove the wheel well liner and turn the wheel all the way over so you can get your hand in there. Once you get that off you then can get to the rear of the bulb to remove it.

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-04-12, 12:54 AM
When I need to get to mine I only have to loosen the front part of wheel well liner, pop out the amber lens, and then I can get to the back of the fog/turn housing...removing the amber lens creates a little window...mine is a 2005 so I think I may be missing some plastic underneath...but anyways it's very quick and easy, nothing like getting to the headlights but after a few times that's easy too :)

eatyoursandwich
09-04-12, 04:44 PM
I would say take the bumper off, it takes 30 minutes max with only the knowledge of how to use a screwdriver and a socket wrench, but I'm not going to say it so forget about it.

If you can get your hands in there the other way, more power to you. I don't think I have exactly the biggest hands in the world, but there was no way I could behind the wheel liner.

I have a lift and air tools now so it only takes about 10 minutes. Just used a lugwrench and a floor jack before.

curtc
09-04-12, 07:07 PM
I did the wheel well method many times with my CTS, once in the STS, beats removing the bumper for sure.

1BadCadSTS
09-05-12, 10:26 PM
I prefer removing the lower splash shield to replace them.

Platinum06
09-12-12, 03:30 PM
Yeah, done with those stock bulbs....they last a year or so.
Get the MTEC bulbs off eBay.
Oh yeah, turning wheel and popping a few wheel liner clips and your in.

Ludacrisvp
09-12-12, 05:32 PM
Alldata says lift car remove wheels then remove fender liner/splash shield. Just did it today on mine as a fog lamp went out so I replaced fogs, DRLS, bumper amber lights.
During this discovered that my passenger MRC shock has been leaking ... it will be seeing the dealer tomorrow... I am hoping this is the reason for my random DIC warnings about speed limited to 120MPH.

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-12-12, 05:58 PM
Replaced my side marker and amber bumper lights today to led...turned the wheel in one direction, removed push pins, changed light, replaced everything, turned wheel the other direction, removed pins, changed light, replaced everything, then moved to the other side of the car and did the same....wheels never left the ground and wheel well liner never left the car, 10 minutes tops per side...fogs are just as quick to replace :)

EChas3
09-12-12, 10:19 PM
Plat - Risking fate, all the original bulbs on our 2006 & 2007 STS are just fine.

If they are failing annually, something else is wrong. LED's would last but be cautious to match loads..