: What do you guys think one should pay for this 2011 V wagon?

neuronbob
09-03-12, 01:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-5dr-Wgn-6-2L-?cmd=ViewItem&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1787792252569311925%26pid%3 D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26&_trksid=p5197.m1992&item=310428360835#ht_21808wt_898

This V wagon has everything I want except 6MT. Basically, it's the wagon twin of my V sedan with the exceptions of Recaros present (my sedan doesn't have them) and the wood trim (if I get this, the wood trim will be replaced on day one of ownership). Because it's literally only a few miles from me, and has been on eBay a number of times (not sold), I'm planning to drive down to look at it tomorrow. I ran an Autocheck on it and it was a GM-owned vehicle prior to being sent to auction. Having been active on this forum for years now, I understand what GM manufacturer vehicle means.

If I can get a deal on this, I may get it rather than spending $2k on GMPP on my V sedan. If not, oh well, my car is basically paid off anyway, and I'll enjoy it.

Just dreaming on a rare day off...

MacBuster
09-03-12, 03:15 PM
I started a similar thread here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/266102-trying-get-fix-2011-cts-v-3.html

Should have some useful information. Personally, I think that price is right in the correct range. Let me see if I can dig through the ADESA auctions to see if I can determine what Lambert actually paid.

MacBuster
09-03-12, 03:21 PM
Based on 96fleetwood's search, they may have purchased that car for $46,000. Personally, I think the $6,000 gross on a vehicle is more than the dealership needs, so you could negotiate down a lot.

neuronbob
09-03-12, 04:02 PM
I started a similar thread here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/266102-trying-get-fix-2011-cts-v-3.html

Should have some useful information. Personally, I think that price is right in the correct range. Let me see if I can dig through the ADESA auctions to see if I can determine what Lambert actually paid.

Yup, saw it. I didn't think to look at the auction values you posted. It does indeed look like one of them matches...can tell by looking at the mileage.

I'll go down and look at it tomorrow if it hasn't sold. Even if I don't decide to buy it, at least my looking at it may help other forum members who may be interested. I can't believe I'm actually thinking about doing this.

MacBuster
09-03-12, 04:44 PM
I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting to pull the trigger on a car. Haven't decided on a 2011 or 2012 yet, but have been watching closely as the units come and go.

The only ones that turn quickly are the BDE ones. That Lambert car has gone through about 3-4 ebay auctions without a taker. You have leverage.

bobrules
09-03-12, 05:02 PM
I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting to pull the trigger on a car. Haven't decided on a 2011 or 2012 yet, but have been watching closely as the units come and go.

The only ones that turn quickly are the BDE ones. That Lambert car has gone through about 3-4 ebay auctions without a taker. You have leverage.

not to jump off topic, but as someone whos been stalking V prices for a couple months now, how does that even work when a car goes to auction multiple times? does each dealer take a hit on it just to get rid of it? there definitely seems to be a glut of these cars which im hoping works in my favor this spring.

1997BlackETC
09-03-12, 05:41 PM
I actually put in a bid for that car, but anything over 48K I think is too much where as that car probably has some pretty hard miles on it as a program car. I found one not too far from here with only 100 miles on it (2011 wagon) for 56K. But it is not a color I like very much (evolution green) Make's ya wonder how a car can be on a dealer lot all that time and only have 100 miles? I think I'm just going to stick it out with my new 2012 Sedan, I certainly don't want to downgrade in trying to find a wagon. If I could find somebody that wanted a sedan over the wagon they had with similiar miles I'd be game for a trade. My sedan is a beautiful car, thunder gray, been getting lots of positive comments on it lately. Looks like though I'll more than likely be keeping it at least a couple of years. The initial depreciation is just too much to take in getting rid of it any sooner than then. I wish GM still had that 90 day test drive like they use to have, that woulda been a life saver for me. I'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat, those who got an automatic and then learned they wanted a manual, that sort of thing. The wagon sure would be more practical for me, but I'm getting use to loading and unloading my tennis chair in and out of the back seat of the sedan, it's all about putting it in at the right angle with the right amount of tilt.

dennych
09-05-12, 10:26 PM
I saw that auction as well. I think they just added the image to it.
Just started my hunt for a 2011 CTS-V used wagon. Have also been looking at the new ones since they have 0% financing now for 48 months. Problem is with gas guzzler I'm looking at a hefty 73kish range OTD for what I'm looking for.

So far it looks like the lower mileage 2011's go for 53-55k range. all the higher mileage ones in the mid 40k range like this one make me a bit nervous. Also many of these seem like program cars.

Do you guys know how much negotiation you can do on the internet prices they give?