: 3rd ANNUAL OFFICIAL NORTHEAST CADILLAC ENGLISHTOWN MEET AND GREET, OCT 28th 2012

CadillacKid12
09-03-12, 12:31 AM
Hey Everybody!!

It’s Craig “CadillacKid” again, getting ready for the 3rd Annual October NorthEast Cadillac Owners Meet and Greet this year. I have teamed up with 2 awesome Cadillac Owners, CTS V Racers, and D3 Representatives, Alan and Marc. All 3 of us were soo bummed to have Aprils Meet PostPoned, But October is right around the Corner! All 3 of us are planning to make this a great day with tons of great cars and great people and D3 GIVE-A-WAYS

Below are Very Important Details about the Meet and the Schedule of Events for this day, Please Read Carefully

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 @ EnglishTown Raceway Park is the site of the meet

$40 to track!! Track open 10am-4pm, Tech closes at 1pm

Please plan on arriving between 8:45am-10:00am the latest (What better day to see a D3 Modified car, run its first ¼ mile stretch EVER!! 650 to the rear wheels.. just saying.) There will be a designated area for us to park together like last year. Let them know when you are at the gates to be directed.

All Cadillac Forum Member Attendees will receive a Cadillac CTS V Racing T-Shirt, so a Head Count is necessary please!

A Cadillac Convoy to Dinner will be around 5:00pm at a local TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Hooters, etc…. so everybody is on the road by 7pm as it is a work night

We will have a special area to park together, so that is a good time to meet new members, say hello to returning ones, or just carry on a conversation. A few tents near the parking will be set up as well for us to relax.

Marc, Alan and I have worked on this for a while and this is a meet and greet not to miss!! It will be filled with Cadillac’s, Great People, Great Conversations and Great Prizes and Give-A-Ways.

Please Everybody, Bring your Wife, Children or Friends as this is a Family Event and will be a great way to end a great year before the snow falls on us

Directions to EnglishTown Raceway are listed below as well as the website

http://www.etownraceway.com/

230 Pension Road, Englishtown, NJ 07726-8462

Feel Free to contact any of us for any questions or Private Message @ CadillacKid12

Cpotter91@aol.com Craig
Marc@CTSVracing.com D3 Representive Marc
Alan@CTSVracing.com D3 Representive Alan

Hope to see you all there,

Thank You,
Craig, Marc, Alan

CadillacKid12
09-05-12, 01:29 AM
i gotta bump this already :(

Purple87SS
09-05-12, 09:05 AM
I'm going to try to make this.

HEDP-V
09-05-12, 09:32 AM
Craig, I will be attending this years event. And staying for dinner.

Bob Trieschmann
09-05-12, 09:55 PM
I will be there with my '09 CTS-V.

gary c
09-05-12, 10:50 PM
i will see you on the 28th

1madstsv
09-06-12, 10:07 AM
I will be there again this year. Some one needs to represent the Sts-v lol. Can any one say convoy this year. Lots of fun last time. Ryan

Lenvo65
09-06-12, 10:23 AM
New CTS-V owner here - would like to attend - as long as it does not conflict with kids events I'll be there with at least one of my kids.

What do you need to track other than passing tech? Helmet?

ctsvracingalan
09-06-12, 01:46 PM
Looking Forward to meeting everyone

Alan

1madstsv
09-06-12, 04:34 PM
Yep just a helmet as long as your 11.49 our slower.I think.

Purple87SS
09-07-12, 09:28 AM
Requirements to run at ETown: Helmet that has not expired (they will check), Long pants, current Driver's License, an E Town permanent racing #(cost an additional $5 at the gate and is good all year long). If you have an aftermarket supercharger(or turbo(s)) a fire jacket is required. Tech is tight and if you go fast then 11.50 w/o a bar you be asked to stop racing. Usually there are no warnings.

Purple87SS
09-07-12, 09:31 AM
I'm down for a convoy. I'm in South Jesey 20 minutes outside Philly. Could meet right off 295 North or NJTP. LMK

Stillborn
09-08-12, 02:30 PM
i may be down...gotta try to rearrange a few things, but it seems doable.

CadillacKid12
09-09-12, 01:36 PM
ryan its up to you to get teh convoy from the south together, hope u have all the numbers from last year. i have 3 more in my pack this year

1madstsv
09-11-12, 09:51 PM
I still have old emails that I saved with them I need to find time and see who is going this year. I Also need to get my car ready to run this year. Got the good blower on this year time to give some Ctsv a good run lol. Ryan

CadillacKid12
09-12-12, 01:37 AM
I still have old emails that I saved with them I need to find time and see who is going this year. I Also need to get my car ready to run this year. Got the good blower on this year time to give some Ctsv a good run lol. Ryan

text me if u need names. im trying to gather some but if u wanan be in control of the south, cant wait. im taking over the north again

CadillacKid12
09-15-12, 01:28 AM
bump time guys common. we got a good number

add space goes up next week hopefully

1madstsv
09-16-12, 08:06 AM
If anyone wants to meet up and have a convoy like last year pm me and we will set it up. We will meet at the Maryland house rest area off I-95 just north east of Baltimore md. We had 8/10 cars last year it was a lot of fun and had some good photo opts on the drive. If you are north of that we can just pick you up as we go in to de/nj tp. Thanks Ryan

cts-v-ette
09-16-12, 11:32 AM
Alan count me in I should be able to make it.

6 SPEED Z
09-17-12, 09:54 AM
We are coming from Dover, DE, plan on being up there before you guys come up, we will be waiting with cameras and Go Pro, just need a time.

Mike

BigDog001
09-17-12, 10:52 AM
Alan count me in I should be able to make it.

Well if cts-v-ette is going to be there -- then I have to be there too ... all we need is Cotty to round out the crew!

Blueline
09-17-12, 02:26 PM
If I get my V in time, I will be there!! :bouncy:

StealthViggen
09-17-12, 03:37 PM
Requirements to run at ETown: Helmet that has not expired (they will check), Long pants, current Driver's License, an E Town permanent racing #(cost an additional $5 at the gate and is good all year long). If you have an aftermarket supercharger(or turbo(s)) a fire jacket is required. Tech is tight and if you go fast then 11.50 w/o a bar you be asked to stop racing. Usually there are no warnings.

Whats the point in running anything other than a stock car then? Pulley, intake, tune and you are there!

Mike02z
09-17-12, 04:21 PM
I will try to attend as well. Would be nice to meet other local V owners.

Purple87SS
09-18-12, 04:10 PM
If anyone wants to meet up and have a convoy like last year pm me and we will set it up. We will meet at the Maryland house rest area off I-95 just north east of Baltimore md. We had 8/10 cars last year it was a lot of fun and had some good photo opts on the drive. If you are north of that we can just pick you up as we go in to de/nj tp. Thanks Ryan

I can join the group at Exit 4 of the NJ Turnpike. I'll keep an eye on this thread as we get closer for more details.

CadillacKid12
09-19-12, 12:12 AM
there are threads for last years pics, just search this forum for 2011 official picture thread, should come up.

its a great day to meet everybody and we have grown every year so far , first year we had 13, last year we had over 30 and this year hoping to pass that out.

ryan take care of that convoy, id love to see more pics w/ mike

CadillacKid12
09-23-12, 01:43 PM
bump

2012 CTS-V
09-23-12, 06:39 PM
I'll be there as long as I could get off of work! Englishtown is 10 minutes away from me.

Speedtrapped
09-23-12, 08:27 PM
I missed this last year, got get butt over there and Vagon represent!

Titaniumseeker
10-02-12, 12:24 PM
I will be up for this again. Last year was a blast!

CadillacKid12
10-02-12, 05:35 PM
I will be up for this again. Last year was a blast!

love the responses guys, glad everybody loved it last year

cant wait for this year

hey just a bump

the ad space goes up next week sometime to advertise for the meet :)

cant wait for the day. gonna be good!!

CadillacKid12
10-08-12, 05:34 PM
bump

luderchris
10-08-12, 07:24 PM
I am getting my Vagon this week. I would like to go to this. I will probably bring one or more of my sons (9,7,4). Anyone else bringing kids around their age?

Chris

CadillacKid12
10-10-12, 04:43 PM
some sons do come. most are teenagers, but its a family event, please bring everybody! its just a great day all and all

18 days guys, BUMP

luderchris
10-10-12, 08:39 PM
Ok. I think my 7 year old and I are going to make a day of it. No dinner for us afterwards though.

I have a friend with a Subaru STi Forester (awesome conversion) and a friend with a Lotus Elise. They are interested in taking a ride to Etown too.

Chris

Purple87SS
10-12-12, 08:21 AM
I'm out. Atco pushed up it's Buick vs Ford day to Oct 28th, and that race is our car club's last points series race of the season (which I am leading by 10 points). So have fun guys. Take lots of pictures!

ultimateendz
10-12-12, 09:54 AM
Ill stop by...no racing for me tho as my V will wind up doing low 10s or a 9

luderchris
10-13-12, 07:24 AM
Requirements to run at ETown: Helmet that has not expired (they will check)

Just to clarify, under 14s it needs to be a 2005 or newer Snell rated (not motorcycle) helmet. I'll have to see if I can borrow one from a friend of mine for this.

Chris

Purple87SS
10-13-12, 10:37 AM
Here you go regarding helmet requirements. Every driver must wear a helmet regardless of ET.

http://www.etownraceway.com/drag_racing_safety_and_helmets_rules.aspx

luderchris
10-13-12, 07:01 PM
Here you go regarding helmet requirements. Every driver must wear a helmet regardless of ET.

http://www.etownraceway.com/drag_racing_safety_and_helmets_rules.aspx

Right. But over 14s can be a DOT motorcycle helmet. Under 14s, which I would sure hope we all are, has to be a SNELL 2005 (or newer) helmet.

Didn't know if everyone knows the difference.

Chris

CadillacKid12
10-15-12, 06:08 PM
awesome bring the STI and Lotus for sure

cant wait

Bubba Ho-Tep
10-16-12, 01:04 AM
I'm down for a convoy. I'm in South Jesey 20 minutes outside Philly. Could meet right off 295 North or NJTP. LMK

Ditto! Deptford/Woodbury here, you?

CadillacKid12
10-18-12, 09:49 PM
anybody comming from the NORTH, we are meeting at the VINCE LOMBARDI rest area in NJ off the NJMP at 845-915am and will ride to etown from there

pm me or email me Cpotter91@aol.com if u want me to wait for you. i need a head count

----------

Well if cts-v-ette is going to be there -- then I have to be there too ... all we need is Cotty to round out the crew!

awesome answer

CadillacKid12
10-19-12, 06:25 PM
for the convoy we are going to be at the lombardi rest area for anybody coming NORTH of ETOWn

anybody comming from the south please contact ryan

you can pm him at 1madstsv on here or email me for his cell phone. thank you

LUDERCHRIS?? are you deff in. i see ur online

i will be zipping out private messages to all this week

luderchris
10-19-12, 10:34 PM
I just replied to you via PM. I do plan to be there. How many are we expecting to show?

Chris

CadillacKid12
10-19-12, 10:52 PM
with you counted in i have 31 saying they are in, and another 25 that are un confirmed yet that showed interest

luderchris
10-19-12, 11:21 PM
Wow. Cool. More than I thought. Is there an area inside Etown that we are going to meet? I haven't been there for quite awhile. I forget how it's set up.

CadillacKid12
10-20-12, 02:57 PM
Wow. Cool. More than I thought. Is there an area inside Etown that we are going to meet? I haven't been there for quite awhile. I forget how it's set up.

all gates will be informed to direct everybody, last year we were set up in back parallel to the opening of the staging lanes

i will call alan and paul this week the directors of events at etown and tell them like last year..

let the gate know. and you will be directed

luderchris
10-20-12, 07:04 PM
Very cool. Thanks.

CadillacKid12
10-20-12, 11:08 PM
speedtrapped? are you here? you showed interest but i do not know for sure if you are comming

jdodman, sleeptight, joeycts-v, sstreetking09, ndobaria, all sent you PMs but have not responded.

i have 35 cars and couting. let me know guys i have you as all questionable. thanks

CadillacKid12
10-22-12, 06:45 PM
44 cars and counting guys!!! plus a GTR and a Jaguar XFR!

6 days away., gonna be the best yet

1madstsv
10-25-12, 10:29 AM
I think it's going to rain on us. Not looking good right now. Let's hope it holds off.

Purple87SS
10-25-12, 12:47 PM
Is there a rain date if it does get cancelled?

luderchris
10-25-12, 03:37 PM
Yep. Looks like 70-80% chance of rain at Etown in Sunday. I won't be heading up if its raining.

I hope we can reschedule for sometime before winter hits.

CadillacKid12
10-25-12, 05:15 PM
i will post sat with a rain date i will call paul and ask what is better

im looking into NOV 17th so we still have time to move plans i think NOV 4th would be too soon

luderchris
10-25-12, 05:54 PM
11/17 is a Saturday. Why not 11/18?

CadillacKid12
10-26-12, 11:13 AM
everybody stay posted on the updates tomorrow with the storm, it seems to be that we ARE GOING TO BE OK! i am still tracking it and making a decision tomorrow night on SATURDAY

right now it is just 60% of showers and the projected path shows that it will not hit NJ until tues am with 80mph winds.

everybody stay posted and i will post some more as time goes by, i myself am going to take the trip. i think it will still be in the atlantic on sunday

worst comes to worse i will post a rain date next week after i call englishtown, looking to be 11/18 right now

CadillacKid12
10-26-12, 02:46 PM
yes i did hxc i got your pm

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/tracker/2012/sandy (storm looks pretty far out on oct 28th still. but i think the rain is comming from a storm front from the west

i do have etown calling me tomorrow on what they think is the best option as they have NJ weather forecasts that i do not have

i will talk to paul and alan and see what i can do for make ups, the dates he listed include next saturday november 3rd ( i figured that is too short of notice ) so to give you all time to re schedule i am going to look at either november 11th november 25th both sundays or december 2nd

the final call will be made once i hear from etown tomorrow

CadillacKid12
10-27-12, 10:39 AM
TO EVERYBODY,
Very upset and sad to announce that tomorrows 3rd annual meet and greet has been postponed to a later date due to the inclement weather from hurricane sandy that is approaching us.
The current forecast for Sunday, October 28th is 70% of rain with winds of 23mph for the day and 100% of rain at night with winds at 18mph with a High Wind Warning and Coastal Flood Warning in Effect
I will be talking to Englishtown this week to talk about a Rain Date that will be coming up,
We talked yesterday and he did say we can all come on Saturday, Nov 3rd but that is too close in advance for all of the members
THE FUTURE RAIN DATE THAT WE ARE WORKING ON is SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25th and/or SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2nd
Please stay posted in days to come for further information
THANK YOU TO ALL 53 MEMBERS THAT I HAD COMING FOR THIS EVENT this is almost DOUBLED NUMBERS AGAIN FROM LAST YEAR!!!! And I hope with the help of everybody we can have all MEMBERS come again and even more cars head up next month to this event!!!
Please email me with any questions
Cpotter91@aol.com

Again please stay posted to the forum in days to come to check for the official RAIN DATE THREAD!

luderchris
10-27-12, 04:21 PM
Let us know on the rain date - I should be able to do either date proposed.

9t8z28
10-29-12, 12:53 PM
Oh man, that sucks, I will be away on business for both of the scheduled rain dates.

luderchris
10-30-12, 11:47 PM
I say we go with Dec 2nd since Nov 25th is on Thanksgiving weekend. Many people travel or have family visiting that Sunday. Just a thought.

CadillacKid12
11-01-12, 06:52 PM
please vote on the poll thread

luderchris
11-02-12, 11:22 AM
Can you post a link to the poll. Can't find it using my phone.

vagondr
11-04-12, 12:06 AM
I'm good either day.

luderchris
11-16-12, 04:47 PM
Has this been rescheduled?