: Neighbor Scratched my Diamond White STS

Seamaster_007
09-02-12, 07:32 PM
:mad::mad:

Last Monday afternoon my neighbor scratched the passenger side rear quarter of my '97 STS over a dispute we've had over parking. I've been furious all week, there was not a single mark on this car, and she won't even admit she did it. I'm ready to take her head off!

What can I do to repair/minimize the appearance of this scratch? I've taken it down somewhat with a polishing compound, but I'm afraid to go any further possibly rubbing through the clear or even worse trough the pearl. I've taken the car to a few local specialty paint repair shops, but they all say either live with it or repaint the area and blend it in. I will not tolerate anything less than perfect, and I don't need any overspray to deal with either. I'm worried that repainting just the small area will be just as noticeable as this scratch is to me. I was thinking of filling in the groove with some diamond white touch up paint and then polishing off any excess so at least it's flat. Has anyone been in this situation before, and from your experience what's my best option?

dkozloski
09-03-12, 03:42 PM
Essentailly you're SOL. Blending or matching White Diamond is a crapshoot at best. There are more than a few threads on this forum weeping and wailing about trying to repair damage to White Diamond finishes.

Seamaster_007
09-04-12, 12:24 AM
Haha! The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. Seems it's best to just leave it as is or get the entire side repainted. For the time being I guess I'll just have to live with it, this really hurts though :(

Cadillac Kid03
09-09-12, 07:16 PM
Well i know a paint guy that works at a Cadillac Dealer for years. And he was able to repair a scratch on my back bumper and it came out great you can't even tell there was a scratch.

ELDO GUY
06-28-13, 07:03 PM
You need a air brush , A tri color touch up kit ( lacquer) . A lot of time and patience and some luck , and lacquer thinner , to wipe it all off if you dont like it , and start over again !