: Tear in weatherstrip..... Issue?

Tom_E
09-02-12, 12:29 PM
My exactly two year old, 20,000 mile V-Copue had the driver side roof rail weatherstrip develope a "tear" in it. The dealer said this is the third one he has seen do it. Right at the curve of the window is where it occured.
I did give the service writer a chuckle when she asked what I was there for, I said she needed to start a buy back on my car since it was obvious that it was going to start falling apart after just two years since it had never been to the dealer before this "major" issue. Look on her face was shock until she finally figured out I was joking.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-04-12, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Tom! I'm sorry about your weatherstrip, but glad your dealership is working with you regarding your concerns. (And I was happy to see you kept a jovial attitude while at the dealer! Thanks for the smile!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

FLTRI
09-04-12, 04:19 PM
C4 Corvettes were notorious for this, had to replace it every 2-3 years. Wonder if the design is the same?

jzchen
09-05-12, 05:43 AM
Yikes. Black silicone glue? Available at a lot of auto parts stores in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, (types)...

Wait, I should probably ask how fast you take your car. Might not handle the speed...

(Jovially)

Sounds like structurally there are stresses there. (Right now I'm really concerned about the big moonroof on our sedan.)

Tom_E
09-09-12, 12:34 AM
I never exceed the speed limit.......... well maybe once

Dealer is putting in a new one. Really an interesting place that is tore as there doesn't appear to be any unique stress in that area. Dealer said the other two tore in exactly the same spot as mine. Hard to understand why since the window indexs so glass doesn't "drag" on the weatherstrip when I close the door. Oh well, it truly is the only problem I have had with the car, so I won't loose any sleep over it. :)