: 740's goin back, probably gettin one of these...

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 03:28 AM
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2004/11/18/174/008/1115927169.174008758.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

Due to some unresolvable mechanical quips with the 740...

This is a 2000 Jaguar XJR. From what I have been researching, this is quite possibly one of the most underestimated sedans out there right now, in both its current and older (above) version.

The car has 370 Supercharged Horsepower, a gorgeous interior, Alpine 320 Watt audio system, Fat wood steering wheel, and really? Not much else, its a driving car. But the thing I was AMAZED and floored by was some of these reviews... this is NOT what I would have expected about Jag!!

"-on the plus side:

-comfortable and very quiet on the highway
-great 360 degree driver's visibility (unlike the XK8 convertible)
-wonderful sound system to fill the quiet
-not one service problem so far (not even a squeak)"

"I HAD A 1999 CADDY STS AND I LOVED IT BUT WHEN I GAT THIS CAR IT SEEMED LIKE A JUNK. THIS IS A REAL CAR. FAST SPORTY AND ITS A JAG!!!" (I didnt make that one up folks)

"The problem XJ series is no more. Since Ford's purchase the quality improvement is amazing. My XJR runs flawlessly and is an awesome four door sports car. "

I didnt look TOO hard, but where I did look, I was not able to find the typical complaints that I always find for most of my cars, from the STS I owned, to this 740, and even the 3 Series. Best thing is, this car comes close to the CTS-V in performance (my current I want one car) for half the price. 5.4 Second 0-60 time. The 04 comes even closer, with 390HP.

On the downside... It looks like it should come with a one weeks complimentary stay at the nearest geriatric facility...

P.S. Sandy... Ralph... can the buy American purists leave me alone if I get this... Its a FORD for cryin out loud ;) J.K. You know I love you guys.

Ralph
12-11-04, 03:45 AM
P.S. Sandy... Ralph... can the buy American purists leave me alone if I get this... Its a FORD for cryin out loud ;) J.K. You know I love you guys.

True, it's basically a Ford. I hope you don't think I was raggin' you too bad before, sometimes little debates or personal opinions seem that way. There was some Cadillac knocking on that thread, but not from you. I guess I'm too strong getting my points across sometimes. We may not always agree or have the same opinion, but things like that keep life interesting also. ;)

I think Jag does have their act together and I think it's the only can brand that could get more respect than a Benz in the upper range. :)

That pic, is that the one you are considering, or just a general pic? If so, what's the mileage?

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 03:51 AM
Now if only I could snag that 2003 Range Rover I want so badly... its basically a Ford... engineered and powered by BMW!! The best of both worlds! :D

The one above would be mine (if all the arrangements work out)! 42k miles.

Im also considering a 2002 Q45 Premium with the back up camera, Navigation and all the other goodies. It has 72k on the clock tho :( Im sure Wes or Jesda would tell me that 72k to that engine is nothing ;)

Ralph
12-11-04, 03:57 AM
That one would be mine! 42k miles.

I say go for it!! (the Jag that is)

You must have got a high repair estimate for your BMW to consider another so fast.

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 04:01 AM
I say go for it!! (the Jag that is)

You must have got a high repair estimate for your BMW to consider another so fast.

Well in all fairness we cant go blaming the car. The truth is the best guess by consensus was that the car was not properly maintained when it was in its lease period. The oil was very old when they pulled it, and they thought changing it might work, they also said I might try to desludge it if not. At that point I no longer felt comfortable with it, and I called my friend and told him of my concerns and that I did not want this car like this. I strongly doubt that this was the cars fault.

Ralph
12-11-04, 04:03 AM
Well in all fairness we cant go blaming the car. The truth is the best guess by consensus was that the car was not properly maintained when it was in its lease period. The oil was very old when they pulled it, and they thought changing it might work, they also said I might try to desludge it if not. At that point I no longer felt comfortable with it, and I called my friend and told him of my concerns and that I did not want this car like this. I strongly doubt that this was the cars fault.

I hope you can recover most of your initial cost. At least you did research and found out that the Jag might be more reliable/trouble free. That says something for American automotive intervention after all :D .

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 04:06 AM
That says something for American automotive intervention after all :D .

You just couldnt resist could you... :p

I think my final cost was like 21800 on the 740, I think hes going to give me 20500-21. Which I guess is fair, since he will need to invest in fixing it up for sale since its not going to be wholesaled.

Ralph
12-11-04, 04:10 AM
You just couldnt resist could you... :p

I think my final cost was like 21800 on the 740, I think hes going to give me 20500-21. Which I guess is fair, since he will need to invest in fixing it up for sale since its not going to be wholesaled.

I think that's VERY fair, especially since you estimated it might cost $1,000 in maintenance per year for the Beemer!

I don't think the Jag would cost you that much, hopefully. I haven't heard anything really bad about them lately.

Like I said, I think they got their act together and I would not be as fearful purchasing a Jag as I would a BMW or Benz.

According to my 2003 Consumer guide the XJR averaged around 13 mpg! That's probably the only drawback.

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 04:42 AM
WOW! Check this guys CarSurvey review for a 1999 Model of the same car...

edit by admin: The quoted text has been removed because of copyright infringement. Please do not copy content from other sites and post it here. A small portion of text is usually okay with a link to "read more". In any event, the copied text can be found at the link below:

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/jaguar/xjr/1999/page-4/#r19990

Now I just have to figure out how to retrofit it with Xenon lights... :bouncy:

Ralph
12-11-04, 04:49 AM
I think 1990 was around the time of the Ford involvement and their use of better assembly-line procedures to get reliability/quality up.

Nothing comes close to a Jag interior! No arguement from me.

Looks like there is a new article today on Jags:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7744

2001 XJR Review:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=183&sid=183&article=3257

Jesda
12-11-04, 05:03 AM
Irresistible classic!

RBraczyk
12-11-04, 01:54 PM
One thing, you better take damn good care of that car, because if you don't it will fall apart on you.

majax
12-11-04, 02:10 PM
Sandy told me not to long ago that that XJR is his new favorite, lol. Just change out those rims!

Leloz
12-11-04, 02:19 PM
I bought a 750iL for my wife back in 1995 and it was nothing but a nightmare.. I can't imagine the multitude of problems a used 7 series would have. I didnt even keep it for a year before I went back to a Mercedes, I traded it in for a '96 S500, which was traded several years later for a '98 S600 which we still have. As was mentioned before, you really have to maintain these high performance euro sedans. The last service I had on the S600 was the 50K and it cost almost $2,200. I have never owned a Jaguar before, but I have heard good things about the newer generations. Have fun with the XJR! The nice thing about the European vehicles is the plethora of aftermarket modifications available. Our S600 has a couple RennTech goodies :):

http://members.cox.net/shaheenimport/s6002.JPG

majax
12-11-04, 02:49 PM
your wife is very fortunate

Leloz
12-11-04, 03:17 PM
Thanks! She is worth it. :thumbsup:

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 04:39 PM
I bought a 750iL for my wife back in 1995 and it was nothing but a nightmare.. I can't imagine the multitude of problems a used 7 series would have. I didnt even keep it for a year before I went back to a Mercedes, I traded it in for a '96 S500, which was traded several years later for a '98 S600 which we still have. As was mentioned before, you really have to maintain these high performance euro sedans. The last service I had on the S600 was the 50K and it cost almost $2,200. I have never owned a Jaguar before, but I have heard good things about the newer generations. Have fun with the XJR! The nice thing about the European vehicles is the plethora of aftermarket modifications available. Our S600 has a couple RennTech goodies :):

http://members.cox.net/shaheenimport/s6002.JPG

Thats a nice S600, one of the few that ive seen in well taken care of condition. I agree, the service on these vehicles can be expensive, but that just comes with the territory. I think a good thing too is being able to find a good local smalltime mechanic who works on luxury cars and/or German Autos as a specialty, and wont ream you like the dealers do. After its out of warranty, the dealer seems like the worst place to take these things.

majax
12-12-04, 12:19 AM
So how much is the Jaguar going to cost you?

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-04, 12:46 AM
hope you get that jag playdrive ....i give it all two thumbs up and a stiffie ...then again im rather partial to all thing brittish ....being a novice brittish car mechanic myself (newest jag i worked on was a 91 vanden plas)

Ive wanted one of those off and on for years ....

No telling whats gonna happen if i get money ....well first im getting a vette ....

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 01:04 AM
they sold it this morning :(

There is an 01, but it has 49k miles and costs more. Ive been mulling over an 02 Q45 Premium and discussing it with Wes, it would only be 23.

Ralph
12-12-04, 01:06 AM
So how much is the Jaguar going to cost you?

I'm going to guess $25,000 or so?

I like the M45 styling. I couldn't find an article on the 2002 Q45.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 01:18 AM
Correct, about 25. Basically, it has to fit in the "space" in my loan that used to be occupied by the 740. 23 would be ideal, and many cars that are listed at 24 - 25 can probably be negotiated to 23 or 23500, as with the Q45 I found. Now the M45 is very nice too, I have been mulling that one over as well.

Different cars attract for me for different reasons. If you guys want to have fun, you can get involved and maybe help me come up with a good one, as I want to have this next car for at least 3 years, if not 5.

Things I like about the Q45 are that despite its ugly outward appearance, it is a technology tour de fource on wheels. Back up camera, Heated and cooled seats, Voice command system, Adaptive laser cruise control... Basically the same things the STS didnt have until now. The STS has HUD, but does not have the back up camera, which I find very useful in a car that size. Power delivery is not half bad on the Q either, at 340HP.

The jag on the other hand was all about brute power and driving experience, really a performance luxury car with a good service history. And beautiful too.

Ralph
12-12-04, 01:20 AM
Correct, about 25. Basically, it has to fit in the "space" in my loan that used to be occupied by the 740. 23 would be ideal, and many cars that are listed at 24 - 25 can probably be negotiated to 23 or 23500, as with the Q45 I found. Now the M45 is very nice too, I have been mulling that one over as well.

Is there any real significant difference between the two? I don't know too much about Infinity because we don't sell them in my city, but they seem so similar.

No one seems to think much of the M45, but I like the edgy styling better.

RBraczyk
12-12-04, 01:24 AM
I'm sorry, but that one that ralphie posted is rather hideous...

Playdrv4me
Oops, check my above post Ralph... The M45 has MOST but not ALL of the features of the Q. I dont think it has the backup camera, or the Voice command, but I could be wrong.

majax
Nah the Q is not to apealing, go find another Jag. You always loose the first car you look at that you want but you always get the second one you look at and want. I will see if I can come up with a car, hmm.

Ralph
12-12-04, 01:30 AM
If you guys want to have fun, you can get involved and maybe help me come up with a good one, as I want to have this next car for at least 3 years, if not 5.

Well, it's always fun talking with you Ian. ;)

I think I will side with Majax and say hold out for another Jag. Perhaps a used S-type? I just don't know what to think of the toilet seat grille though. :suspense: Some love it, some hate it, I'm kinda on the fence.

No way RB, that M45 is very modern styling and one of the nicer cars I think. I saw ONE last summer and they are just so rare here.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 01:30 AM
In fairness, I did give Cadillac a shake of the stick. I looked for an 02 STS like my old 01, but I wanted one with the nice newer Navigation unit, and there arent any with reasonable miles for less than about 27-30.

majax
12-12-04, 01:49 AM
How about

'99ish Audi A8(iffy reliability)
'00 Lexus ES300
and of course the S-class Mercedes
These are the cars that monarchs and mafia people drive.

Yet.. what about a Cadillac? :D

Would you be interested in a little less expensive eschelaun like the price range of the STS, 5 Series, etc?

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 01:58 AM
How about

'99ish Audi A8(iffy reliability)
'00 Lexus ES300
and of course the S-class Mercedes
These are the cars that monarchs and mafia people drive.

Yet.. what about a Cadillac? :D

Would you be interested in a little less expensive eschelaun like the price range of the STS, 5 Series, etc?

Whoa what is that FIRST pic? Is that an A8? I forgot also that it has to be 2000 or newer. An A8 even in a 2000 model is relatively close to my price range I think. I dont know if you saw my post above, but I did look at a 2002 STS, I just wanted one with Navigation and there werent any cheap enough. The 540i presents an interesting option as well.

majax
12-12-04, 02:09 AM
That is the awesome interior of the Audi A8! You could still probably afford a 2000 A8, not to sure. I am not a fan of Jaguar interior design :o . I think Audi's interiors are of the best though.

Jesda
12-12-04, 02:15 AM
DO NOT buy an Audi. You will regret it (except when it actually works, then its a dream).

The LS400 has all the luxury, none of the character.

The Q and M are excellent choices, myself heavily favoring the (Porsche-designed) M45.
http://q45.org/m45porsche.jpg

majax
12-12-04, 02:16 AM
I really like the STS, we have one of course. If I were you I would not worry to much about having a Nav. they are nice but if you want the car get the car. The STS will save you gobs on gas.

Ralph
Forget the Lexus. All the larger Lexuses look the same, even going back a number of years. They are just so boring. JAGUAR!!

Jesda
Download the 2004 Infiniti M45 DVD:
http://www.q45.org/m45dvd/

majax
12-12-04, 02:20 AM
Looking at that STS picture makes me want to go sit in the car, outside. Yes, the Audi may be unreliable, the Lexus boringish.

Ralph
12-12-04, 02:31 AM
One thing, you better take damn good care of that car, because if you don't it will fall apart on you.

Same for ANY Luxury car, yes?

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 02:31 AM
Download the 2004 Infiniti M45 DVD:
http://www.q45.org/m45dvd/

That was GREAT! Same idea as the Cadillac ESV commercial where the Porsche or whatever pulls up next to him, and the cop pulls up on the other side but the ESV is so big the Porsche cant see the cop and then launches off... Hehe.

Too bad I HATE that actor in the M45 movie. Maybe its cause hes a typecast bad guy all the time.

Re: The STS. I like the car alot, but my last one kinda soured me on it. Thats why if I get another one, Id want it totally decked out with Nav and everything. Theres basically nothing id be missing from the competition, nothing of importance anyway, if I had the Nav. Not that tiny one above, but the full size unit thats in 02 and up.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 04:43 AM
ok HOLY HELL... I just found a XJR on ebay for 21988 BIN. British Racing Green, check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4511114150&category=31848&sspagename=WDVW

Jesda
12-12-04, 04:50 AM
:jawdrop:

That is my absolute -favorite- color!

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 05:03 AM
I didnt even know they came in that color... and its only got 47k.

Leloz
12-12-04, 09:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6151&item=4510904377&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47588&item=4510167504&rd=1

turbojimmy
12-12-04, 09:53 AM
they sold it this morning :(

There is an 01, but it has 49k miles and costs more. Ive been mulling over an 02 Q45 Premium and discussing it with Wes, it would only be 23.

You're better off. I rented an XJ8 for a couple days while I was in Florida a month or two ago. For the money, I like the inside of my DTS better. The controls weren't intuitive, some were hard to reach. It had 8k miles on it (although they are "rental" miles) and it stalled at 2 toll booths. They look frumpy to me, too (not that the DeVille doesn't) even when they "R" it up with body-colored trim, different grill and huge wheels. It was louder inside on the highway than a $60K should be, IMO. My passengers, however, said they felt like they were riding in their living room. It had a weird vibe while braking, but again it was a rental car.

On the plus side, even without the supercharged motor of the "R", the 8 had plenty of get up and go and sounded really nice. Accelerated, stopped and braked (except for the vibe) like a much smaller car. Decent turning radius and very maneuverable.

Jim

Sandy
12-12-04, 10:03 AM
IMO and based upon my many, many experiences, I rate the Luxury Sedans this way:

1. Jaguar XJ
2. Audi A8
3. Infiniti Q
4. Volvo S80 Premier
5. Lincoln Town Car
6. Cadillac DeVille
7. Saab 9.5 AERO
8. BMW 7 Series
9. Mercedes S-Class
10. Lexus LS

Now, this is based upon my personal experience with these cars. Don't forget, I was in the car business for 27 years, so I would know better - than say the guy who owns the deli in town, or your insurance agent or the night manager at Dunkin Donuts, or your accountant. I purchased all of these at dealer auctions, and drove them the 80 miles home to the dealership.
Lexus LS is dead last because I (over the years) bought like 6 to 9 (I forget) of them and they all had major problems and on 3 I went bact to arbutation and won my $$ back. Of the 5 or so I kept, 1 broke down on my way home. It was one of only 2 break downs I ever had. The other was a Plymouth Reliant!
We NEVER were able to put any S-Class on our indoor showroom floor, because they all pissed oil !
(We had a 6 car indoor showroom and room outdoors for 5 more + 2 "demos" ~ so we ran with 12 to 14 Luxury cars, high end.)
We turned them all over in a month, and bought 12 more.

airbalancer
12-12-04, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Playdrv4me]Now if only I could snag that 2003 Range Rover I want so badly... its basically a Ford... engineered and powered by BMW!! The best of both worlds! QUOTE]

What do you like about a Range Rover?
I have never drove one but the looks does nothing for me.
The 4 wheel ability is suppose to be the best but when would you ever need it.

Also what the hell are all you younge guys doing on this forum on a Saturday night. You should be out with the ladies not here :bonkers:

Leloz
12-12-04, 10:35 AM
We NEVER were able to put any S-Class on our indoor showroom floor, because they all pissed oil !

So true, which is why I didn't recommend a W140 or W220 S-class. The last great MB I owned was my 1989 W126 560 SEL, after that the quality just was not the same. Even my S600 had a major oil leak at 34,000 miles. My S500 had an oil leak and gas leak at 16,000 miles. I have friends who are MB master Techs and they said the situation with the W220 is even worse! I don't think I will be replacing the S600 anytime soon (depreciated too much and with the upgrades it is a wolf in sheeps clothing).

On another note, if you are going to look at the A8, check out the A6 4.2. Those flared RS6 style fenders are beautiful!

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-04, 11:06 AM
Also what the hell are all you younge guys doing on this forum on a Saturday night. You should be out with the ladies not here :bonkers:

hahaha , if there were any decent momen left around here instaed of the stuck up little sluts im stuck with.....

Playdrive , there is a reason the Q45 is often called the "japanese jaguar"...

But id rather have the Jag in brittish racing green ...keep holding out , something perfect will come along ....kinda like that Concourse that sold for the price of my SE-DE 3 days after i got mine ....I coulda had a northstar !!!

RealmCenter
12-12-04, 11:14 AM
Sorry so late in this post, not on the ball. My father in law's XJR you saw in the picture Ralph is a great car. I have been a tech at a Jaguar dealer for about 3 years now, and can tell you the ins and outs of these cars. A few quick things about them. First and foremost make sure if you purchase one it is still under warranty and you are getting a "Select Edition" warranty as well. As with any high end car, repairs are almost always expensive. Anything older than a 2001 model year has a Nicosil lined cylinder wall engine which are prone to fail and cause blowby, requiring engine replacement. The 255/45R18s are expensive to replace no matter what brand you go with. Even with snow tires winter driving is "interesting". The car is a riot to drive, I have blown away V8 mustangs and pulled some on Trans-Ams much to the drivers amazement. My father in law was considering getting an SRT-8, but he is fairly certain now he with stick with the Jag.

Sandy
12-12-04, 11:15 AM
I'm married now for 22 years to a very "decent woman". ~ but
I'd sure like to have one of those stuck up little sluts you speak of;
oh, for say a night or two or three - to do a little bouncy :bouncy: :D :bouncy: :D

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 02:05 PM
Anything older than a 2001 model year has a Nicosil lined cylinder wall engine which are prone to fail and cause blowby, requiring engine replacement.

Dammit! That pisses me off. I thought the Brits and Germs learned their lesson with the 95 and 96 BMWs that had this problem! Nikasil does NOT like U.S. Gasoline sulfur levels... What was the explanation for the continued use of this material Realm?

BTW... I would not shoo a 2001 M3 out of bed either if it was still under warranty, or already had the engine replaced.

RealmCenter
12-12-04, 02:30 PM
Heh, good question Playdrive. If you follow Jaguar it seems that their technology varies from about 1/2 to a full decade out of date. Their always late in the game on everything, Air suspension was just introduced in '04 (although they had a dismal attempt at rear ride leveling with a hydroboost style setup in the early 90's, most of these cars that aren't sitting in junkyards have been retrofitted with passive shocks). DVD based nav is a relatively new thing for them. If you are big into getting a nav system, the factory one in XJs up to 2003 are ridiculous. Although I have never messed with I-Drive stuff, I know its the latest in technology, but I have yet to hear anything good about it, take that for whatever it's worth. The '04 Aluminum car is fairly high tech, unfortunately the character of a "true" Jag was lost in translation from the old car to the new one. Thank Ford for that as far as I'm concerned, the sleek nimble (even mean) looking XJR that you posted the picture of has been replaced by a bulbous, pregnant looking big scale version of the entry level X-Type. Way to go guys :cookoo: . If you do infact get an XJR, let me know I can give you some tips to massage it a little bit.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 02:43 PM
Heh, good question Playdrive. If you follow Jaguar it seems that their technology varies from about 1/2 to a full decade out of date. Their always late in the game on everything, Air suspension was just introduced in '04 (although they had a dismal attempt at rear ride leveling with a hydroboost style setup in the early 90's, most of these cars that aren't sitting in junkyards have been retrofitted with passive shocks). DVD based nav is a relatively new thing for them. If you are big into getting a nav system, the factory one in XJs up to 2003 are ridiculous. Although I have never messed with I-Drive stuff, I know its the latest in technology, but I have yet to hear anything good about it, take that for whatever it's worth. The '04 Aluminum car is fairly high tech, unfortunately the character of a "true" Jag was lost in translation from the old car to the new one. Thank Ford for that as far as I'm concerned, the sleek nimble (even mean) looking XJR that you posted the picture of has been replaced by a bulbous, pregnant looking big scale version of the entry level X-Type. Way to go guys :cookoo: . If you do infact get an XJR, let me know I can give you some tips to massage it a little bit.

Rock on dude... Thanks!

Do you think it is a for sure thing to NOT get a 2000 XJR over the Nikasil thing? Have you seen alot of failures on these?

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 03:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6151&item=4510904377&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47588&item=4510167504&rd=1

The S60R... another FINE contender!

RealmCenter
12-12-04, 04:17 PM
Play,
Let me research a little bit and find out exactly when Nicasil was phased out. It may have been a mid-year break in '00

Ralph
12-12-04, 04:22 PM
Realm C.

Your Dad has an awsome XJR! I still look at that pic! Too bad about the cylinder lining because I think Ian found a winner there for that price and mileage!

It's strange that Canada doesn't have nearly the sulfer content in fuel that the U.S. does. It's funny they don't do something about it.

RealmCenter
12-12-04, 04:30 PM
Thanks Ralph,
His is an '01 so it has steel cyl. walls, I put a bigger lower crank pully on it to spool up the blower faster. There's some kind of glitch in the engine management however, some days if you turn of the trac control it will melt the tires off of it when you tromp on it out of the hole, other days nothing. I took it to the work x-mas party last year and raced some guy with his girlfriend in a Z-28, mr. "greased lightning" said he would only race for titles. I agreed and when stomped on it from a traffic light. I left him so far behind I could barely see his headlights, by the time I slowed down to collect my new Z-28 he dashed off down a side street (bastard).
P.S. no one likes my IROC-Z :helpless: It's kind of rare in that it's a T-top with a 5-speed. Hey I had one in highschool and needed to replace it for nostalgia reasons, okay Its cheesy, sue me.

Ralph
12-12-04, 04:39 PM
P.S. no one likes my IROC-Z :helpless: It's kind of rare in that it's a T-top with a 5-speed. Hey I had one in highschool and needed to replace it for nostalgia reasons, okay Its cheesy, sue me.

Those IROCS are great!!! I think they will be collectable soon and values have been rising that I've seen. My buddy had a blue '86 Iroc Camaro and that thing cornered so flat I swear you could take a street corner turn at 40 mph and maintain control!

Here is a pic of the 1991 Z28 I almost purchased new, It's hard to find them in good original condition now. The RS was a much better deal with a 305.

Notice the new 1991 Deville or Fleetwood in the showroom.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 04:51 PM
Those IROCS are great!!! I think they will be collectable soon and values have been rising that I've seen. My buddy had a blue '86 Iroc Camaro and that thing cornered so flat I swear you could take a street corner turn at 40 mph and maintain control!

Here is a pic of the 1991 Z28 I almost purchased new, It's hard to find them in good original condition now. The RS was a much better deal with a 305.

Notice the new 1991 Deville in the showroom.

I always LOVED the Convertible version of that car, and in THAT color.

Leloz
12-12-04, 05:02 PM
P.S. no one likes my IROC-Z :helpless: It's kind of rare in that it's a T-top with a 5-speed

TPI? 1LE? The 5.0 TPI 5 speed 1LE were amazing bare bones american muscle, not to mention worth $$$ now.

RealmCenter
12-12-04, 05:10 PM
Well, mine is a failry optioned out 4BBL car (was 4BBL). T-tops, power windows, ERS, power antenna and trunk pull down, A/C. The 305 is history, I am torn between a LT1 or a 383 Stroker. I'll figure it out next summer, I have another winter project I'm working on.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 05:18 PM
Hey Realm, if you can find out for me for sure which timeframe the Jag was affected with the Nikasil thing, Id appreciate it! The auction for this British Racing Green beauty is gonna be up in a day and a half!

Ralph
12-12-04, 05:28 PM
I didnt even know they came in that color...

British Racing Green is the only colour I knew by name. ;) That's a beauty Ian!

I would try to research which fuel suppliers have the least amount of sulpher in their product, and go from there. Find out if Octane makes a difference as well?

Even if you had to buy regular or mid-grade and use a bottle of octane booster, it might be worth the headache to drive THAT car.

aruba64
12-13-04, 01:32 AM
:Offtopic: Warning, this is sorta off-topic, but I decided that I needed to get decent GPS help for driving from here to whoknowswhere, so I have been using a Tom Tom Go navigation unit, and it has been a delight! Even when I miss the exit, it recalc's and tells me politely how to get back to where I shoulda gone. I can go from my trusty old Q45 to my wife's Passat to my good old new DHS, just plug and play. It's my solution, so if you can't find a Jag or other with implanted Nav, give it a thought. Now, what were y'all on about??

Jesda
12-13-04, 01:35 AM
Does each car have a cradle/holder in it that you just drop it into?

RealmCenter
12-14-04, 05:49 PM
PLayDrv,
Hey bud, sorry about the delay. There is a vin break mid year '00 for the last Nikasil motor. I'm still looking at work for the exact break for you. I would try and go with an '01 anyhow though, most if not all '00s are out of factory warranty and select warranty will not cover soft trim such as leather and whatnot.