: Black Tumbler Coupe finished!

lmurtha1
09-02-12, 02:00 AM
Hey guys, just recently purchased a new 12' V coupe Black Diamond Edition... I love custom high HP cars so I got started the second we rolled off the lot. As some of you may know, it already comes with that Black diamond paint that is just unbelievable in the light. I blacked out ALL chrome on the car by having it professionally painted. I had All the Cadillac symbols removed and had them remake them with custom carbon fiber inlays on the symbol, only leaving the carbon fiber and yellow (to match the brake calipers). The windows were tinted 5% all around with 40% front windshield. I had all the reflectors, brake lights, and headlights blacked out by having them individually painted. I feel having them all painted and then clear coated, it gives it a nice clean polished look. I did something different with the headlights. I had the tops and sides blacked like the rear tail lights, but kept the front face smoked. This allows the lights to function fine at night and not take away from the nice hyper white lights the car has. I then had the company Strasse Forged make me a first of its kind, 20" Forged Aluminum Monoblock deep concave wheel with race prep (drilling out the inside of the rotor/wheel face and inside spokes to lighten the wheel without destroying the integrity). The wheel is 12" in the rear with a Nitto Invo 345/25ZR20 with Invo 275/25ZR20 in the front. Then we moved on to the power! I had the 650hp package installed by Redline Motorsports with American Racing headers and a custom installed SLP exhaust. I have a 1000 RWHP Shelby, so this just doesn't cut if for me after just a few weeks. Next week we are doing a cam, bigger injectors, ported heads titanium valve springs/lifters, ported snout, new TB, and adding a 100 shot of nitrous and some cooling mods. These blocks are pretty stout, but ill prob be upgrading the tranny quick. Here are a few pics I took today of it before it goes in next week for some serious upgrades.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/cts_v_24.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/cts_v_23.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/cts_v_21.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/cts_v_18.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/cts_v_11.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/cts_v_16.jpg

Ste_V_e
09-02-12, 02:15 AM
I'm in love.

F U FAST
09-02-12, 02:26 AM
Looks great man!

tkracing
09-02-12, 03:27 AM
Stunning.... Those wheels are badass.

silverstreaker
09-02-12, 03:33 AM
I could not have dreamed a better exterior mod list into existence. Love the painted fogs. Can you give a little more detail on the headlights/fogs and how they are still bright with paint on them? Your rear tail lights look exactly like how mine were done with the cutouts for the reverse lights. Also, How is it driving at night with the windshield tinted?

thebigjimsho
09-02-12, 04:32 AM
Tinting windshields and lights. Do not approve...

ClarkkentCTSV
09-02-12, 05:58 AM
Your car looks amazing! Great job on everything. I see that your in south Florida would like to get info on
the paint shop you used and your experience at redline.

hv92
09-02-12, 07:01 AM
any lowering?

DRL650
09-02-12, 04:02 PM
I see that your in south Florida can you provide info on the shop you used for the exterior? Also how was Redline to work with?

Mike02z
09-02-12, 04:40 PM
I think the car looks great! I'm not a fan of the yellow calibers though. I'd have them powder coated black if it was my car.

I do have to agree with thebigjimsho, tinting the headlights and windshield is just plain dangerous.

MikeG-V
09-02-12, 04:49 PM
Don't listen to jim. He doesn't have people skills. It is awesome! Like the emblem/break color matching.

McGuffy
09-02-12, 06:23 PM
Wow!

TexasCTS-V
09-02-12, 08:50 PM
I have Coupe envy.

dl72
09-02-12, 09:09 PM
Very nice. Looks great.

lmurtha1
09-02-12, 10:20 PM
I see that your in south Florida can you provide info on the shop you used for the exterior? Also how was Redline to work with?

They are the best in the business for GM tuning and packages IMO. I Only say this because business after bbusiness failing to meet my expectations, Redline moved down from New York an set up shop here. He's well known at SEMA and GM hightec mags. They also have their own custom ZL1 car that is marketed through GM dealers.

Also I agree to disagree on tinting headlights and windshield. The front windshield is only dark enough to protect interior from sun damage and keep heat out. Absolutely little to ZERO EFFECT at night and as for headlights. Again, it doesn't effect much because the front facia is smoked. Combine with the white lights, it doesn't effect night driving. It's a myth as I'm proof and my Shelby is even darker with blacked headlights and 20% front windshield. That is different at night... But I don't drive it at night. Or rarely.

For the question about the fogs, I had them pulled and painted as well with tinted clear coat. I had the housing and all of the rear mesh pulled and painted with the factory black diamond paint to match the car. I don't believe in blacking out everything with black paint bu just the chrome. All the grey plastic including front lower lip, front fog housing, rear valance all painted black diamond. If it was chrome I ha it painted in a gloss black. Matte or satin black looked just a bit cheap to me with this paint, but my buddies solid black did matte and it looks awesome it just didn't jive for me with the diamond paint.

Since my car is the black diamond edition, te interior is yellow suede seat insert on the recaros, side doors, and stitching, so I kept the yellow black theme through the brake calipers as well as the V emblems. Any more questions, feel free to ask! Thanks for the compliments.

Last note, call Kris at superior automotive design for exterior work!

DRL650
09-02-12, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I just sent an e mail to Redline. I will be having them do some slight mods on my V next month, I have been following them for a while on the Corvette Forum several of the Florida corvette guys praise the work they do, You just sent me over the top to use them. Thanks.

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the info. I just sent an e mail to Redline. I will be having them do some slight mods on my V next month, I have been following them for a while on the Corvette Forum several of the Florida corvette guys praise the work they do, You just sent me over the top to use them. Thanks.

Yeah you wont be dissapointed at all. If your somewhere local, its awesome. If not, people send him vettes, camaros and V's from across the country. If you get a chance to go into his shop, you should see some of his personal builds. 1000 hp zo6, 800hp TT camaro, ZLR custom camaros, and his new ZL1 which broke the record on 1/4 on stock engine. My V has all the upgrades to the 650 package, but its in the tune where you will appreciate with him. shift points, tranny calibration...all spot on. Im excited for you! good stuff

thebigjimsho
09-03-12, 01:14 AM
Don't listen to jim. He doesn't have people skills. It is awesome! Like the emblem/break color matching.

You don't know what you're talking about.

simgolfer
09-03-12, 01:53 AM
That is so badass. Not sure about keeping the calipers yellow but everything else is perfect.

Ste_V_e
09-03-12, 04:35 AM
Do you happen to have any color photos of the rear?

silverstreaker
09-03-12, 05:09 AM
[QUOTE=thebigjimsho;3075701]You don't know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE
too funny!

CoppeR
09-03-12, 10:09 AM
Looks good! Must be nice to have disposible income at 26

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 11:34 AM
Looks good! Must be nice to have disposible income at 26

it brings more pain than joy...

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 11:39 AM
That is so badass. Not sure about keeping the calipers yellow but everything else is perfect.

I would agree if the inside was solid black. I'd go with that blue that the ZR1 vette came out with a few years ago. But, the black diamond Edition only comes with the interior being yellow accent on everything. If I changed the brakes, my ADD would kick in overtime everytime i opened my door...lol

Do you happen to have any color photos of the rear?
Ill go outside right now and snap a few quick photos of the car with my iphone. BRB

DRL650
09-03-12, 11:49 AM
it brings more pain than joy...

If you need me to step in I can take some of the pain for you? lol.. Keep the calipers yellow like you said it breaks up the black and follows the interior theme. I laso have the yellow calipers along with the same interior. Your ride in now officially my favorite V..You made some great looking exterior modifications, Hopefully by the end of October I will have mine completed? Post more pics.

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 12:55 PM
thanks for all the compliments, As soon as I purchased the car, i just went all in and all of this, not including the wheels, only took abou 3 weeks to do. The wheels took about 10 weeks because there were no forged aluminum Blocks anywhere in America big enough to make a 12" wide wheel, so they had to wait on the shipment. Otherwise it would of taken 4-6 weeks. I took a few pics of the rear as requested with my iphone. Im no professional photographer so its hard to get the lighting right. I just went on top of a parking garage and in Florida, its hard to get some overcast. Im trying to upload a vid of the exhaust on youtube. but its taking a while from my phone, and the sound quality im sure isnt the best. here are a few more pics. If you want any close ups on a certain area, let me know.

Here is a close up of the Headlights i was talking about. I was just brainstorming on how to make the headlight come to life. I thought if you just lightly smoke the entire light, it will stand out weird like a big smoked cube. So If you look close at the light, there are lines around the housing you can folow and just black out the sides and top, leaving the front just lightly smoked. This doesnt interfere with light at night and gives it a more difinitive sharp look. Its cool too because it allows the light to filter forward and also takes away some of that orange ridiculous blinker light a touch without having to open up the light to change it. Its not for everyone, but i love it!
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/v2.jpg

Here are some rear end shots. I just called it the tumbler because everyone I talk to says it looks like batmans whip. I just go with it...lol
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/v5.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/v4.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/v3.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/v1.jpg

DRL650
09-03-12, 01:30 PM
Looks sharp? I am trying to PM you but you dont even have the option to send PMs? That is one great looking ride.

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 02:17 PM
Looks sharp? I am trying to PM you but you dont even have the option to send PMs? That is one great looking ride.

Hey! thanks, im not sure what you mean you cant send me a PM? let me figure out why it isnt working.

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 02:18 PM

Hey! thanks, im not sure what you mean you cant send me a PM? let me figure out why it isnt working.

TheDarkKnight
09-03-12, 02:21 PM
So what is your affiliation with the dolphins? Just asking.......

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 02:42 PM
So what is your affiliation with the dolphins? Just asking.......

4 seasons..then got medically released. 3 surgeries on my foot (big toe fused, torn tendon and plantar plate, and now Mortons Neuroma), and they kick u to the curb. As they always say, it is what it is. Word of advice for those of you with children, PLAY BASEBALL. ive had 9 major surgeries since college, can barely walk without pain. and like everyone else, am on Endomethicin anti-inflamitory year round, with a tordol shot before every game just to function. Playing on the offensive line is tough on the body, and some just cant rid the injury bug. Never thought it would come to this, but the NFL does stand for NOT FOR LONG. now to enjoy the splendors of life.

TheDarkKnight
09-03-12, 02:51 PM
Well it was a hell of a ride....now you have one hell of a ride! Enjoy the splendors man, YOLO!

DRL650
09-03-12, 04:26 PM
I see your PM is now listed? maybe you had to get over x posts befoe it became active? PM sent. Thanks

McGuffy
09-03-12, 05:04 PM
I remember your days at Nebraska man - sorry about the injuries but glad you're not letting it stop you from living - car is BAD ASS!

dqw1
09-03-12, 05:16 PM
Really like it! Love the tinted headlights.

thebigjimsho
09-03-12, 05:39 PM
Holy crap! We have Lydon Murtha on our forums!

Sorry to see things didn't work out in Miami. Saw some good things from you at tackle these past couple years. Hoping you'd stick around. Any indication you'll be brought back?

(Long time Dolphins fan and season ticket holder from '99-'09...and living in Boston)

thebigjimsho
09-03-12, 05:43 PM
And yeah, while I always loved football and always dreamed of playing, I'm glad I'm relatively healthy...

Mike02z
09-03-12, 05:50 PM
Are the police relatively easy on all the tinting in Florida? I was worried about tinting my tails but mine are MUCH lighter than yours.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81686877/IMG_20120829_175641.jpg

DRL650
09-03-12, 06:21 PM
Serious Lydon Murtha? Holy Crap. Glad to have you here. Now us Floridians need to plan a CTS V road trip like the Vette and Porsch guys do. Maybe a run down to the Keys? Im in Cape Coral Ft Myers area. The V guys from this area Sarasota to Naples could meet and then make a meeting place for the East Coat guys then run down to the Keys? November,December when the weather starts cooling off? Just a thought.. Welcome to the forum.

TheDarkKnight
09-03-12, 06:54 PM
Sorry lydon. I think I blew up your spot!

StormTrooperFRC
09-03-12, 09:24 PM
Car's looking good brother. Stop by so I can see the wheels in person one of these days. Glad to see you on here.

Jamie@vera

lmurtha1
09-03-12, 10:23 PM
Well it was a hell of a ride....now you have one hell of a ride! Enjoy the splendors man, YOLO!
Yes it was a hell of a ride! Ive built some quality relationships with people, and although its a tough business and has its dark side, it was great being able to play a game and for so many loving fans. The best part was being someone that young children would look up too and inspire to be.

I remember your days at Nebraska man - sorry about the injuries but glad you're not letting it stop you from living - car is BAD ASS!
Nebraska was the best time of my life! Thank you for the support!

Holy crap! We have Lydon Murtha on our forums!

Sorry to see things didn't work out in Miami. Saw some good things from you at tackle these past couple years. Hoping you'd stick around. Any indication you'll be brought back?

(Long time Dolphins fan and season ticket holder from '99-'09...and living in Boston)
Thank you! Ive learned that in the NFL, great players, average players, and bad players can make their way out of pro football quickly and its by injury plagues.. Its just the way it goes, if a team releases you, it usually mean your not coming back to that team atleast. but my future has just begun!

Are the police relatively easy on all the tinting in Florida? I was worried about tinting my tails but mine are MUCH lighter than yours.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81686877/IMG_20120829_175641.jpg
The police are extremely cool down here about tail lights and such being tinted. Ive never been pulled over neither has any of my friends in 4 years. I have howerver been pulled over for my window tint twice in 4 years. but its at 5% all the way around. only 1 gave me a ticket...FHP. and it was at 1AM. lol. I understood why he pulled me over, a great excuse to snipe a Dui, but to then give me a ticket! lol, i just pay it and keep it on.

Serious Lydon Murtha? Holy Crap. Glad to have you here. Now us Floridians need to plan a CTS V road trip like the Vette and Porsch guys do. Maybe a run down to the Keys? Im in Cape Coral Ft Myers area. The V guys from this area Sarasota to Naples could meet and then make a meeting place for the East Coat guys then run down to the Keys? November,December when the weather starts cooling off? Just a thought.. Welcome to the forum.

Id love to do this! I also have a shelby and they do multiple get togethers and runs all the time. I think it would be great to have an annual get together and we can all drive down to the keys. There is a 9/11 support the troops run this weekend. starts in Davie, and goes all the way to Islandmorada. always around 200+ cars. all nice cars because then they hold a huge car show down there. cool stuff and its open to all cars.

Sorry lydon. I think I blew up your spot!

I dont mind! i can talk forever with people that have the same interests!

Car's looking good brother. Stop by so I can see the wheels in person one of these days. Glad to see you on here.

Jamie@vera

Jamie! you motorboating SOB! whats up man. ill stop by this week. you need to see this thing. I went ahead and had Redline do the package on the car, I talked to you before about getting in the business with them possibly. They are legit. ill come by soon

StormTrooperFRC
09-04-12, 07:28 PM
Jamie! you motorboating SOB! whats up man. ill stop by this week. you need to see this thing. I went ahead and had Redline do the package on the car, I talked to you before about getting in the business with them possibly. They are legit. ill come by soon

lol. what up dr.douchel??

yeaaa buddy, I remember. Stop by holmes,...i'll be there no doubt. I'm sure the car runs good now.

hollar!!

:devil:

buddyg
09-04-12, 09:56 PM

Whatever he wasn't looking for your approval

Mike02z
09-04-12, 10:44 PM
Is it a stick or auto?

StormTrooperFRC
09-05-12, 12:34 AM
auto.

thebigjimsho
09-05-12, 11:15 AM

Welcome to the discussion. A little late, huh?

lmurtha1
09-05-12, 11:49 AM
yes it is auto. And thank god. now, before you go on blast hear out my reasoning. I would take a stick 9/10 without hesitation. I grew up on it, and all my cars, if the option is available has been manual. But, My Shelby is stick, and there is nothing better than working the pedals to control power and there isnt as much of a loss in power with stick. But, There really isnt a better feeling than hopping into the car to just run a quick errand and not have to shift. To be stuck in the forsaken south florida traffic and not have to shift. Ive had the tune made so the shifts are quick and precise, so there isnt a lag like the factory when you put it in sport shift mode. thats it, im going to go make a video of me getting work done in it... ill post soon.

thebigjimsho
09-05-12, 12:11 PM
Just put a manual V in 3rd and you'll never have to shift around town, either. haha!

McGuffy
09-05-12, 12:33 PM
2 dealers told me that sticks make up less than 5% of V sales. I found that hard to believe, but a quick search of available inventory in all of Florida confirmed it. Hardly a stick to be found in stock.

larry arizona
09-05-12, 01:13 PM
Probably closer to 10%.

Mike02z
09-05-12, 07:22 PM
I'm one of the lucky 10%. Nothing wrong with the auto. It's all about personal preference. If I had to drive in the city all day I would want an auto but then I probably would not want the V to be my daily driver either.

larry arizona
09-05-12, 08:03 PM
Agree I too am in the 10% club and could not be happier. I also have nothing against our Auto brothers.

McGuffy
09-05-12, 08:19 PM
I tried to find a stick - the one I found within 100 miles of me was bare bones (and the Recaros were a must-have for me). The auto is real nice - not dual clutch nice, but nice enough for me to smoke a stock Vette across the causeway. Would have taken the stick (and saved $1300 in GG tax) if it was available, but the discount I got for taking a car off the lot was worth it. It's hard to be unhappy behind the wheel of a V :cool2:

StormTrooperFRC
09-05-12, 10:00 PM
Yo Lydon,....car looks 10 X's better in person. Nicely done,...and excellent choice on the wheels. SICK stance. Shoulda came like that outta the box(345's).

narlz.

McGuffy
09-06-12, 05:31 PM
Lydon - question - I'm 6'3" and I just fit in the Coupe with the sunroof shade closed. Did you have your seats lowered or anything? I don't know how you'd fit in there.

DRL650
09-07-12, 06:33 PM
lmurtha post your ride on the other forum,your ride has V of the month written all over it..

FrcFed
09-07-12, 06:58 PM
Screw saving 1300 bucks, you lose that on your first clutch swap. And anyways autos are quicker!!:hide:

MikeG-V
09-07-12, 07:34 PM

I agree

Mike02z
09-07-12, 07:53 PM
Screw saving 1300 bucks, you lose that on your first clutch swap. And anyways autos are quicker!!:hide:

I think autos are more consistent but the stick feels quicker. I agree the 1300 is peanuts on a 70K car. I also think you should get 50-70K on the clutch unless you really abuse it, so again I think that is peanuts. Also cheaper to replace a clutch than the whole automatic trans.

lmurtha1
09-08-12, 12:02 AM
Lydon - question - I'm 6'3" and I just fit in the Coupe with the sunroof shade closed. Did you have your seats lowered or anything? I don't know how you'd fit in there.

lol i just fit perfect. I did actually break the seat after 3 days with the car. The motor blew and the tracking went out on the Recaros too! I brought it back and they said this is a first for them. If a dealership says this, I'd issume im a little rubinesk for the seat than suggested by the factory specs...:D

lmurtha1
09-08-12, 12:02 AM

lol i just fit perfect. I did actually break the seat after 3 days with the car. The motor blew and the tracking went out on the Recaros too! I brought it back and they said this is a first for them. If a dealership says this, I'd issume im a little rubinesk for the seat than suggested by the factory specs...:D

larry arizona
09-08-12, 12:28 AM

6' 7" and 330lbs is a little Rubinesk......... Dude that is AWESEOME! I got to think that Recaros were not designed for a little rubinesk.

thebigjimsho
09-08-12, 12:43 AM
I agree

Aww, how cute.

TheDarkKnight
09-08-12, 10:25 AM
Aww, how cute.

Every forum has one......

litig8r187
09-08-12, 03:36 PM
Absolutely beautiful car. Good job!

LV_V
09-09-12, 02:00 PM
Gorgeous. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my calipers and emblems. You've given me some inspiration, but I may go lime green.

I'm only 6'2" 215lbs and I broke the seat track once on the Recaros, it's starting to creak again, and the seat is rocking back and forth approx 2"... Any suggestions?

lmurtha1
09-10-12, 04:22 PM
Gorgeous. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my calipers and emblems. You've given me some inspiration, but I may go lime green.

I'm only 6'2" 215lbs and I broke the seat track once on the Recaros, it's starting to creak again, and the seat is rocking back and forth approx 2"... Any suggestions?

No lie, if I didnt have the yellow theme, which comes with the black diamond edition, I would of went Lime Green! its funny you say that. Lime Green is awesome and i havnt seen it yet. I have seen that electric blue on the vette ZR1 color before and that looks amazing too on black wheels. I would go those two colors if I had a choice. Also, if your car is under warrantee, it should be covered 100%. If mine breaks again, they said they would just replace the seats themselves. Otherwise, there isnt much too do. Its just not made for bigger guys i guess.

xlr_x
09-19-12, 02:13 PM
is your car lowered ?
i think it is but i have to ask

lmurtha1
09-23-12, 01:44 AM
is your car lowered ?
i think it is but i have to ask

Yes with Eibach coupe springs. I cut 7" off front coil

xlr_x
09-23-12, 09:33 AM
thanks man by the way i like your video on youtube great coupe

ssabripo
09-24-12, 01:51 PM
Hey Man, where you on University Dr going south, right around broward mall?

If so, DAAAAYYYUUUUMMM, your car is scary mean! I was driving beside you in a blue M3 sedan, and honestly felt like putting my tail between my legs and run away:drool:

Not a big fan of the Caddy, but you did a superb, and I mean SUPERB job on the car!

Best looking CTS-V I've seen... sounds great, looks even better, and those fat rubbers and yellow brembos make the car just perfect.

Well done man!

WheelExecutives
09-25-12, 11:35 PM
No lie, if I didnt have the yellow theme, which comes with the black diamond edition, I would of went Lime Green! its funny you say that. Lime Green is awesome and i havnt seen it yet.

a friend of mine had his done a few months back in lime green (attached a photo)

I was actually next to him the other day on university/broward waiting at a red light, a few days before he put on his wheels, small world :cool:

LyndellWiggins
10-01-12, 06:22 AM
Hey, first off I love the car. Secondly, I too am thinking of doing a unique combo with my calipers and emblems. I was thinking the blue vette calipers but if I did that I would like to replace the red on my emblems with blue. Where did you go to get the custom emblems made and how much did it cost? If you do not mind my asking. (sorry for the money question since everyone knows your real name. I'm just used to being able to ask these kind of questions on a semi-anon forum.)

Fireverm
10-10-12, 08:24 AM
Looks like I'm a little late seeing this thread, but I definitely approve of the look. Nice job man. I hate chrome and blacked it out within 2 weeks of having it also.

I've had my headlights/tailights tinted for nearly 18 months now and haven't had any problems from the cops either.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6034/6277812578_ab0328bacd_b.jpg

Trionalaw
10-11-12, 10:59 AM
This car looks as good as Faith Hill on the Sunday night football opening!

Trapspeed
10-11-12, 08:33 PM
This car looks as good as Faith Hill on the Sunday night football opening!

"Hey Jack, that's a fact!"

TTuned
10-12-12, 11:16 PM
nice job, next car will be a murdered out project! Love that caliper on the newer V's.

What suspension did you use?

lmurtha1
11-05-12, 10:31 PM
Hey guys, sorry for not posting for a bit. Ive just been real busy with the car. Just slapped on some nitrous, will be taking pics soon. also, for anyone who wanted to know the cost. I had a shop here in Fort Lauderdale do it, the entire car blacked out, they took off each piece of chrome, just didn't mask it off, some parts had to be replaced with new parts after painting/ full tint including front windshield, and all reflectors/lights blacked out, and all grey plastic color matched in black diamond, and custom emblems painted and clear-coated for $1800. I do not believe in tinting the lights, looks to cheap to me. Get them painted!

F U FAST
11-05-12, 11:36 PM
Not to bite on your steeze, but mine is the paint booth right now getting almost the same treatment aside from the custom emblems and can't do the headlights here in cali without getting busted by the law. Sorry aleady had mine planned before you started posting. I'm hoping some day someone provides some blacked out sets of the headlights like the write up someone else here on the threads did. I just don't have the balls to take apart the $1200 assembly. I'm not sure my tails will be as dark either, again the man. Same model, same color. At least we are on different coasts! Watched the video on your other post and car sounds great!

Then its time for a nice sized goddie package (stage 1, 2, and 3) from Bryce at Presence for go fast!!

superchargedss
11-06-12, 12:06 AM

To be correct, it's the Westfield Mall now. LOL. Us Florida Natives still remember it as the Broward Mall though... Ah memories!!!

Badass V, sir. If I see it driving around, I'll have to try to catch up.

DRL650
11-06-12, 09:10 PM
Hey guys, sorry for not posting for a bit. Ive just been real busy with the car. Just slapped on some nitrous, will be taking pics soon. also, for anyone who wanted to know the cost. I had a shop here in Fort Lauderdale do it, the entire car blacked out, they took off each piece of chrome, just didn't mask it off, some parts had to be replaced with new parts after painting/ full tint including front windshield, and all reflectors/lights blacked out, and all grey plastic color matched in black diamond, and custom emblems painted and clear-coated for $1800. I do not believe in tinting the lights, looks to cheap to me. Get them painted!

Lydon, could you give me the name of the shop that did this work? you can pm me if needed. Thanks.

superchargedss
12-15-12, 02:07 PM
Had a sighting yesterday. Griffin and Nob Hill. Looks badass and sounds even better.

I gotta admit, you drive that thing like a true gentleman.

lmurtha1
01-31-13, 09:30 PM
Had a sighting yesterday. Griffin and Nob Hill. Looks badass and sounds even better.

I gotta admit, you drive that thing like a true gentleman.

Lol I don't know what the speed limit is

TheDarkKnight
02-01-13, 04:41 PM
Lights going in tonight and pictures of finished product. Look forward to speaking with those of you interested. Check my above postings for contact info

soon to V
02-01-13, 09:32 PM
Re Black Tumbler: This thing needs a "love" thumb; "like" just doesn't cut it. It could use a full splitter though! ;)
Man, I really want a coupe like this.

Merc88
03-09-13, 07:25 PM

i concur, and drink to your wisdom

lmurtha1
05-13-13, 07:46 PM
i concur, and drink to your wisdom

I drink to my tinted windshield and lights! Boom

thebigjimsho
05-14-13, 11:19 AM
I drink to my tinted windshield and lights! Boom

Any chance of a comeback?

lmurtha1
05-24-13, 12:33 AM
Any chance of a comeback?

No, had another foot surgery on same foot as last year, and about to undergo back surgery. Finally gave out. Pretty upset..

thebigjimsho
05-24-13, 06:49 PM
No, had another foot surgery on same foot as last year, and about to undergo back surgery. Finally gave out. Pretty upset..

Most guys wish they could be you when you're playing. And are thankful not to be after your career. I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your health issues.

lmurtha1
05-30-13, 07:25 PM
Most guys wish they could be you when you're playing. And are thankful not to be after your career. I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your health issues.

Thanks brother! I agree 100%. Def blessed tho for the 4 years I could do it.

Envy
02-08-14, 07:24 AM
4 seasons..then got medically released. 3 surgeries on my foot (big toe fused, torn tendon and plantar plate, and now Mortons Neuroma), and they kick u to the curb. As they always say, it is what it is. Word of advice for those of you with children, PLAY BASEBALL. ive had 9 major surgeries since college, can barely walk without pain. and like everyone else, am on Endomethicin anti-inflamitory year round, with a tordol shot before every game just to function. Playing on the offensive line is tough on the body, and some just cant rid the injury bug. Never thought it would come to this, but the NFL does stand for NOT FOR LONG. now to enjoy the splendors of life.

A coupe didn't come to mind as even a remote choice for an offensive lineman... Just my thoughts...