: Sticker horsepower ratings

Submariner409
09-01-12, 12:26 PM
I just received a PM from a well-respected tuning chip marketer inquiring about the 11 hp gain at idle from a K&N sticker. Well, there's a better, less expensive way to increase idle horsepower than the obsolete K&N sticker: It's the new yellow and blue "Pennzoil Synthetic Marine" oil bottle shaped sticker. On the left rear window this is good for at least 15 hp below 1,000 rpm and a 16% gain in gas mileage. You really have to keep your foot on the brake and off the gas because it's so powerful.

cadi509
09-01-12, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: Just wait till the V badge comes in I ordered, then I should be pumping about 556hp give or take

the recluse
09-01-12, 01:09 PM
Here's a good one for you:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/therecluse_album/ricer.jpg

orconn
09-01-12, 01:12 PM
My Sonic sticker didn't do much for my horsepower, but it sure did fill my car with gas!

The-Dullahan
09-01-12, 02:06 PM
In Florida, you can see a Mustang with a TYPE R badge on it any day. Then again, since any neighbourhood in central Florida has more Mustangs than houses, you see just about everything with them. The trend is rapidly growing for every house to have a Camaro though, so I imagine by the end of the year, that will be the new car you can spot five times at every traffic light and with every type of ridiculous "performance" modification.

In all honesty, one does not gain HP from slapping stickers on their cars. It's all about the silly hats you get when you're ordering parts for the engine you are rebuilding.

Silly hats are good for at least 15 HP each. I gained 90 Horsepower from these silly hats, even though the engine that the parts were for is still not even in my car.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/hats.jpg?t=1346522776

cadillac kevin
09-01-12, 02:45 PM
In Florida, you can see a Mustang with a TYPE R badge on it any day. Then again, since any neighbourhood in central Florida has more Mustangs than houses, you see just about everything with them. The trend is rapidly growing for every house to have a Camaro though, so I imagine by the end of the year, that will be the new car you can spot five times at every traffic light and with every type of ridiculous "performance" modification.

In all honesty, one does not gain HP from slapping stickers on their cars. It's all about the silly hats you get when you're ordering parts for the engine you are rebuilding.

Silly hats are good for at least 15 HP each. I gained 90 Horsepower from these silly hats, even though the engine that the parts were for is still not even in my car.

I desire your AC Delco silly hat, because it will give me an extra 200 hp boost, given that 90% of my car is AC delco.

CadillacLuke24
09-01-12, 03:26 PM
Man, my goofy V8 badge must give me about another 50hp at the wheels!

Submariner409
09-01-12, 04:26 PM
Dullahan, I'll see your 5 hats and raise you one Ed Roth Ratfink t-chirt - you MUST have t-chirts or hats lose horsepower.

The-Dullahan
09-01-12, 05:08 PM
The T-Shirt I am wearing right now added 80,000 Horsepower to my Cadillac. It shows this on it.

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/53478856/hearse_design_black_tshirt.jpg?color=Black&height=460&width=460&padToSquare=true

Not just regular Horses either. Black Unicorns.

orconn
09-01-12, 05:34 PM
Is it true that only male virgins of Celteutonic descent can see black unicorns?

The-Dullahan
09-01-12, 06:51 PM
Tis a myth. We Northernfolk have tamed them en masse and often ride them down erupting volcanoes while drinking from chalices filled with the laughter of small children and the blood and tears of our enemies (Which bestows more Horsepowers than petrol), singing merrily the whole way, like the fine roving troubadours we are.

To capture one though, requires a young, beautiful girl who can sing so well she could be the envy of any Banshee or Angel out there, many times a Virgin. Since all real Irish girls are pretty and capable of singing, we have grown very proficient in the art of taming such creatures.

orconn
09-01-12, 07:32 PM
I am glad to hear "all" Irish girls are pretty and can sing sweetly, could you send a few over to Dundee! Might improve the scenery not to mention the sound of a fair lass would be welcome after those damn interminable pipers!

Submariner409
09-01-12, 08:28 PM
Get your worthless Virginian butt out to Grandfather Mountain later in '13 - the Highland Games.

2010 was fun - click on the tabs.

http://www.gmhg.org/Scottish%20Country%20Dance%20Gala%20Photo%20Galler y%202010.htm

the recluse
09-01-12, 10:24 PM
Get your worthless Virginian butt out to Grandfather Mountain later in '13 - the Highland Games.

2010 was fun - click on the tabs.

http://www.gmhg.org/Scottish%20Country%20Dance%20Gala%20Photo%20Galler y%202010.htm

Toss any cabers there Jim, or you didn't want to show 'em up?

orconn
09-01-12, 10:57 PM
Speaking of our mutual Scotch -Irish heritage, have read "Born to Fight ...." by James Webb. I happen to catch the TV show made from the book one afternoon and found it very interesting, particularly about the history of this lowland group as they passed back and forth between Ireland and Scotland and back. I have since read the book and highly recommend it to those who wish to know more about this group's origins.

Won't be tossing any cabers anytime soon. But I will be digging out the kilt, sporran, et. for a Bobby Burns Birthday celebration this year! My father's family came to America from Dundee at the end of the 17th century; Cromwell's boys sort of made them an offer they couldn't refuse, me thinks!

talismandave
09-02-12, 02:48 AM

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/hats.jpg?t=1346522776
That looks like one expensive hat collection!

ShapeShifter
09-02-12, 09:17 AM
After my "one point twenty-one jiggawatt" sticker gets put on; I won't even needs roads!

CadillacLuke24
09-02-12, 10:12 AM
Just be sure you can get to 88 mph. Betcha a Dale Earnhardt Jr. Sticker will get the job done!! :histeric:

Submariner409
09-02-12, 10:12 AM
Toss any cabers there Jim, or you didn't want to show 'em up?

Back in the 60's and 70's - not now: I toss Scotch&water.

ShapeShifter
09-02-12, 11:10 AM
Just be sure you can get to 88 mph....
With this mod, ya don't need to....:)
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy104/wesleyja/Delorenwithwheelsturnedin.jpg

brandondeleo
09-02-12, 11:11 AM
I love DeLoreans... I'd rock the shit out of one.

The-Dullahan
09-03-12, 01:58 AM
There is a local Fellow with a Delorean. In scenic Clermont, where there are many miles of nothing but state park and orange groves, no red lights and two open lanes on any afternoon, I happened across him at the final red light leaving town. I looked it over thinking "Ahh, it's that DeLorean. Never had a good look at it." and noticed he seemed to be doing the same, just about my car. Then we accidentally made eye contact, so I peered straight ahead and revved.

Here is where it gets interesting. I was not in the Pontiac this day, as I normally would have been. I actually ALMOST was, but at the last minute changed cars. I was in the Cadillac.

And that Children, is the story about the Hearse and DeLorean that had a fantastic race through winding hillsides and tunnels of cypress trees overgrown with Spanish Moss.

I've also a Contact in Vegas who wants me to make him a film replica of the BTTF car. Truly a very easy endeavor (I actually have a friend online who does it regularly), once he actually goes and buys one.

On an unrelated note, the Caber Toss. Yep. Good times.

brandondeleo
09-03-12, 03:08 AM
The DeLorean actually kept up with the hearse? Wow. They're not quick cars.

The-Dullahan
09-03-12, 04:03 AM
Nope. I honestly have never topped one out, but I am curious as to if they can even really hit 88 mph. I utterly destroyed him, but dropped down to 60 and we played around for a bit, back and forth, overtaking one another. The DeLorean certainly beats the Cadillac at acceleration, as from a dead stop, my car could lose to someone sprinting on foot in a short enough distance.

That looks like one expensive hat collection!

Indeed, they were, but they all came with free engine parts like intake manifolds or distributors and such.

ThumperPup
09-03-12, 11:30 AM
we don't need no stinking stickers for HP gain
i have a 20 hp gain from my fuzzy dice
hanging int he mirror gosh thats why i have had them since i was 16
oh and if you remove your badging on the back that will gain a little from loosing weight on the trunk lid lol

oh and don't forget if you add tinted windows that adds another 10HP per window

The-Dullahan
09-03-12, 02:56 PM
Same here. My '72 gains at least the 20HP from it's Fuzzy Dice. Probably even more, due to them being so sun-faded. My Cadillac also gains HP from having a casket in it. It's a Performance part.

I hear that adding a Fedora to a wagon increases HP as well.

ThumperPup
09-06-12, 05:47 PM
Same here. My '72 gains at least the 20HP from it's Fuzzy Dice. Probably even more, due to them being so sun-faded. My Cadillac also gains HP from having a casket in it. It's a Performance part.

I hear that adding a Fedora to a wagon increases HP as well.

yeah i htink we should add another 5hp for the dadding on them mine used to be black now they look burgundy lol

The-Dullahan
09-07-12, 01:57 AM
I recall back in like, 2010, I won a race against a Shelby on the interstate...nothing new...except I was in the Cadillac. Since I only won because I had a siren and wig-wags, they obviously add The Horsepowers.

Aron9000
09-07-12, 07:42 AM
There is a local Fellow with a Delorean. In scenic Clermont, where there are many miles of nothing but state park and orange groves, no red lights and two open lanes on any afternoon, I happened across him at the final red light leaving town. I looked it over thinking "Ahh, it's that DeLorean. Never had a good look at it." and noticed he seemed to be doing the same, just about my car. Then we accidentally made eye contact, so I peered straight ahead and revved.

Here is where it gets interesting. I was not in the Pontiac this day, as I normally would have been. I actually ALMOST was, but at the last minute changed cars. I was in the Cadillac.

And that Children, is the story about the Hearse and DeLorean that had a fantastic race through winding hillsides and tunnels of cypress trees overgrown with Spanish Moss.

I've also a Contact in Vegas who wants me to make him a film replica of the BTTF car. Truly a very easy endeavor (I actually have a friend online who does it regularly), once he actually goes and buys one.

On an unrelated note, the Caber Toss. Yep. Good times.

Yeah Marty McFly had a hard time outrunning a bunch of terrorists in a 1960's VW Microbus in the DeLorean. I think the v6 was rated at around 120-130hp stock, pretty damn sad for such a fast looking car.

ShapeShifter
09-07-12, 09:23 AM
Yeah Marty McFly had a hard time outrunning a bunch of terrorists in a 1960's VW Microbus in the DeLorean....
But when that baby hit 88 mph....they saw some serious $hit!:)

EChas3
09-07-12, 10:14 PM
Yeah Marty McFly had a hard time outrunning a bunch of terrorists in a 1960's VW Microbus in the DeLorean. I think the v6 was rated at around 120-130hp stock, pretty damn sad for such a fast looking car.

I saw one on the road a few years ago visiting Florida. It was pretty rough but sounded like it had a Chevy 327. I thoght that was standard issue. Not?

cadillac kevin
09-07-12, 10:33 PM
I saw one on the road a few years ago visiting Florida. It was pretty rough but sounded like it had a Chevy 327. I thoght that was standard issue. Not?

Nope. They came with a renault? 6 cylinder

Aron9000
09-08-12, 12:28 AM
It was a gutless v6 jointly developed by Volvo, Renault, and Puegot to power their heavier executive sedans. DeLorean had plans to turbocharge the motor for about 200hp, but the company went bankrupt before that happened.

The-Dullahan
09-08-12, 03:05 AM
I don't get it. I mean, I don't think the car looked fast, have never met anyone who wanted one aside from nerdy people who liked the BTTF movies and outside the film, most people have no idea what a DeLorean is anyhow. The same guy I know who wants to buy one to have make a replica of the film car out of was told by my Fiance, as she knew him better than me and knew he wanted it for attention "You know...Girls are not going to like that thing either, right? It's basically the ugliest car...ever." He denied her logic, of which I have actually been assured by every girl who has heard this story.