: Question about info on build sheet from "Global Warranty Management"

Ludacrisvp
08-31-12, 03:31 PM
Not sure if I have titled this properly, but I was reviewing the information provided and have a few questions.
(this info is from https://www.autopartners.net that my dealer pulled up)

So this lists build options like RPO codes and descriptions about them and some additional data.

Here is the header information on the page.

VIN: 1G6DL67A080****** - (It does list full VIN)
Model: 6DC29-2008 STS V8 RWD/AWD 4 DR.
Service Contract: No
Branded Title: No
Warranty Block: No
PDI Status: No
Order Type: 81 - DEALER USED CAR (CVMS USE)
Field Actions: 0 Open
Order Number: MMNBVG
Build Date: 12/20/2007
Build Plant: 0
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,382

It then goes on to list all option codes and rather verbose descriptions for some of them.
Its nice to know what wood is actually used B20 - Sapele Wood trim on center stack, console, shift knob, instrument panel, door trim, and steering wheel.

So now for the questions...

I am fully aware that the car doesn't weight anywhere near 2,382 LBS, so am I correct in assuming that is in Kilograms?
If so seems odd that it would list it like that...

Main question being "Order Type: 81 - DEALER USED CAR (CVMS USE)" -- what is this?
Does that mean it was ordered for dealer use? - or is this just a method for the dealer to pull up this information or something?
Just trying to determine some of the car's past life. Also any idea what PDI status is?
In the RPO list it mentions R6F - IDENTIFY B CODE USERS and SLM - STOCK ORDERS ... not sure if those relate.

DarkMingBlueSTS
08-31-12, 04:55 PM
PDI...pre delivery inspection?

Ludacrisvp
09-01-12, 01:15 AM

That sounds logical.

MacMuse
09-01-12, 07:02 AM
2,380kg = 5,200 lbs.

RippyPartsDept
09-01-12, 01:07 PM

That sounds logical.

and correct ... PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection

Loren
09-01-12, 01:22 PM
Enter your VIN here exactly as it appears: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
A lot of numbers are not explained, I have no idea how to find out what those are either.
The codes are different for nearly every vehicle, very few are exactly alike.
Your build numbers are found on a sticker on the underside of the spare wheel cover in the trunk.

RippyPartsDept
09-01-12, 01:57 PM
the unexplained codes are usually marketing codes and have no bearing on the car and it's build