: Upgrading my Deville for better sound

biggyal66
08-31-12, 01:28 PM
I was doing a lot of research on the different type of dampening on the market and what to use and what not to use. I finally decided to take the plunge and try a product that I havent seen a lot of reviews about. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/7846051/vpcsid/12269897/SFV/30046
I got 36sq. ft of it, It was about 30lbs. 9 sheets total. Then I went to Home Depot and got a roll of Frost King HVAC foam insulation wrap. 15sq. ft. In total I have spent about $150 for everything. I first laid down the frost king on the floor of the trunk. My logic was use the cheap stuff on the floor so I dont have to worry about coming up or sliding around. Plus since the frost king stuff was made for insulation the floor of the trunk would be perfect to keep the heat of the exhuast from entering the trunk area. Then I used about 3.5 sheets of the good stuff to finish the floor and do the walls that I could reach and have my wife do the under side of the rear deck that the rear subwoofer is at and the trunk lid. I have all of the carpet still out of the car but even with the trunk area bare the difference is crazy. The rear deck still rattles but not as bad. Once I get all of the carpet back in the real test starts. I am going to be installing duel 10" subwoofers in the trunk. 350w Pioneers with a 1000w MA audio amp driving them. It should beat pretty hard.

still_walkin
10-26-12, 05:28 AM
B quiet is good stuff So is dynmat .Dont use any asphalt based deadner reason being is being is when it her too hot it pells right off ... and its cheap but I'm speaking from experience. You have any questions post