: Strange Auto Sighting Today?

dkozloski
08-30-12, 02:42 PM
Today I pulled up behind a car with which I was not familiar. It was kind of boxy like your common SUV, maybe a Highlander. It was a Toyota, it said Prius Hybrid, it had a Michigan Manufacturers plate on it, it was right hand drive, there was nobody in the left front seat, and it was not a mail delivery vehicle. ?????

brandondeleo
08-30-12, 03:37 PM
Stupid question, but could it have just been a Prius V?

Jesda
08-30-12, 04:01 PM
Prius C?

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/12q1/435352/2012-toyota-prius-c-first-drive-reviews-car-and-driver-photo-440662-s-429x262.jpg

truckinman
08-30-12, 04:40 PM
Prius has like 5 different models, I guess you could say, now. Including one that's almost a mini van style. It's like prius is about to branch off from Toyota and be another sub manufacturer.

dkozloski
08-30-12, 05:07 PM
Not a regular Prius. It was much larger. The part that really got me was right hand steering and a Michigan "Manfacturer" license plate here in Alaska.

77CDV
08-30-12, 05:29 PM
Japanese model being field tested.

dkozloski
08-30-12, 05:57 PM
Japanese model being field tested.That's the kind of stuff we see here in the wintertime. We see dozens of cars under test from European markets that are flown over by the Ukranians in their big freighters.

CadillacLuke24
08-30-12, 07:42 PM
Plague of the streets?

:histeric:

Sounds like maybe a Prius based SUV, and like the others said, a Japanese model being tested stateside.

Aron9000
09-01-12, 02:50 AM
That's the kind of stuff we see here in the wintertime. We see dozens of cars under test from European markets that are flown over by the Ukranians in their big freighters.

What's more interesting is the lives of the Ukranian pilots and crews who operate the big cargo planes. Some of them will haul whatever you want to wherever you want for the right price. Of course flying into an airport where there is a good chance of getting shot down increases the price.

dkozloski
09-02-12, 01:59 PM
What's more interesting is the lives of the Ukranian pilots and crews who operate the big cargo planes. Some of them will haul whatever you want to wherever you want for the right price. Of course flying into an airport where there is a good chance of getting shot down increases the price.
Back during the peak of the TransAlaska pipeline construction nearly every Civilian C-130 Hercules in the world was in Fairbanks hauling construction material and equipment to the North Slope. One day a Libyan licensed Herc with a Libyan flag on the tail arrived in town and was parked overnight. When the crew went to depart the next morning they noticed that the flag on the tail was full of bullet holes courtesy of one of the local rednecks.