Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Dumb iPod question

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jinx 
#1 ·
Will the factory Bose system control an iPod, or merely listen to one?
That is, do I need to put the iPod somewhere I can get to it to select a playlist or move through tracks, or can I navigate with the audio system?

Does it show track information?

I have an Alpine iDA-X305 in my 05 Corvette now and I love it; I need to figure out what my options in the Caddy would be.

Your experience is appreciated.

.Jinx

#4 ·
Never tried it on my car - I do have the base 8-speaker Bose audio system - but I think that you cannot control the Ipod. You can only listen to it and if you want to change track, you have to do it from the Ipod itself. You have to select 'AUX' in order to listen to it. Again, that's what I heard for the base audio system.

#8 ·
like2drive said:
Well, you most likely have the 40GB HDD, 10 speakers 5.1 surround and no NAV. This is the mid-level sound system offered in the CTS. The "mid-level" refers to the fact that only the NAV is missing. All other components are the same as the up-level system.
Yes, I think you are correct. Wasn't sure if there was another level below what I have or not! Thanks for the clarification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.