: Potential CTSV purchase this weekend

Jayfrigginjones
08-30-12, 12:16 AM
Hello all I'm Possibly buying a 2009 ctsv with 36k miles and auto transmission this weekend. I'll start surfing this forum for general info, but are there any common issues these cars have that I should check for?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Jay

Trapspeed
08-30-12, 08:23 AM
Hello all I'm Possibly buying a 2009 ctsv with 36k miles and auto transmission this weekend. I'll start surfing this forum for general info, but are there any common issues these cars have that I should check for?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Jay

If you hear a rattle under the hood, it's "normal". The front wheels will likely click at low speeds in sharp turns. The differential may whine or drone at 30-45 MPH, and if the car has Recaro seats, they may rock. Some members have not experienced any of these issues but others have with regularity. Nonetheless, mash the gas pedal and none if it will matter! Get it in and have the dealer get things done ASAP if it's still under warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-30-12, 04:30 PM
How exciting, Jay! I will be away from the office from Friday evening through Monday evening, but I can send a full build code list, do a recall check, and send existing warranty information if you email me the VIN of the V you're considering. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

neuronbob
08-30-12, 06:37 PM
Trap speed hits the nail on the head. These cars at least in 2009 were pretty reliable. Buy with confidence!

Jayfrigginjones
08-31-12, 10:44 PM
Thank you all for the responses. The deal fell through so I guess the search continues...

Jay

Jayfrigginjones
09-09-12, 12:53 PM
The deal is ALIVE! Should be getting the car this Saturday.

Interestingly, I drove 2 different black 09 V's in the last 2 weeks; one with about 35k miles and the other with 21k, both auto. The latter had a noisy supercharger, rode rough above 70mph, had a oil leak, and pulled to the right. The 35k mile car ( the one I'm buying) was fantastic in every way except for a small scuff on the rear taillight.

The point is, the car with "problems" is probably a totally safe buy, but I would never spend $40k bucks on it since I left wondering "what else is wrong with it?"

The little things made the difference in my case.

mrkool
09-09-12, 02:55 PM
how much? is the price 40k for both?

Jayfrigginjones
09-09-12, 03:14 PM
Ha, that would be nice. I see 2nd gen V's pop up for sale near me occasionally. I've made offers at trade-in value but nobody accepted. There seems to always be somebody willing to pay retail, so I finally found one that I think is worth the price and I'm going for it.

mrkool
09-09-12, 04:16 PM
what is really ****ed up is the same people that do not accept offers for a little over trade in go to the dealer and do a trade in for less money

thebigjimsho
09-09-12, 09:27 PM
what is really ****ed up is the same people that do not accept offers for a little over trade in go to the dealer and do a trade in for less money

And pay less sales tax. And don't worry about issues on the car. And don't worry about payment issues.

mrkool
09-09-12, 10:21 PM
And pay less sales tax. And don't worry about issues on the car. And don't worry about payment issues.
i thought the Less sales was true but a buddy of mine just traded a car in and as he owed money on the car he did not get any cut back on the sales tax.

thebigjimsho
09-10-12, 12:50 AM
In MA you do...