: Overheating trouble

Niescior
08-29-12, 10:48 PM
Well I am a delivery guy for papa johns and my job revolves around my car (1999 STS). Today while doing a run I had to pull over because the temp gauge said it was overheating. So I stopped for about 2 minutes until I decided to limp to a gas station, by the time I got off the freeway though it said it was fine. So I continued my runs and depending on how fast I was going the temp would rise and fall. Me and my dad looked at it and we checked the coolant liquid and it was full, Does anyone know what could be causing this problem and what can be done to fix it?

EChas3
08-29-12, 11:18 PM
It does sound like the dreaded head gasket issue. It could be something else but you should post in the Seville forum. Most members posting here have the 2005 & up RWD/AWD STS.

Good luck!

curtc
08-29-12, 11:47 PM
Speaking from past experience... STOP DELIVERING PIZZA IN YOUR CADILLAC!!!

Buy a beater and use that...repairs+insurance on the beater will be less than the maintenance needed on the Seville if you keep delivering in it, believe me...

Niescior
08-30-12, 01:28 AM
alright Ill do that, thank you.

dkozloski
08-30-12, 02:43 AM
If you deliver pizza driving a real rattletrap and wearing a sweatshirt from a local junior college you'll get better tips.

DarkMingBlueSTS
08-30-12, 07:51 AM
Are The fans working?

curtc
08-30-12, 07:52 AM
True story...had a guy actually take money from my tip once he saw that I had a nicer car then he did...IT WASN'T PAID FOR...DICK! :)

caddyfat2
08-30-12, 09:33 AM
Are The fans working?

My thoughts exactly ?

NocashNosplash
10-24-12, 12:26 AM
My 2007 cadillac dts is over heating. I replaced the thermostat. problem still exist. My water pump is not showing any signs of leaks or breakdowns reguarding internal parts via noise detection. Any help? next Step? change water pump?

DarkMingBlueSTS
10-24-12, 12:38 AM
My 2007 cadillac dts is over heating. I replaced the thermostat. problem still exist. My water pump is not showing any signs of leaks or breakdowns reguarding internal parts via noise detection. Any help? next Step? change water pump?

How's the fans working? They have 2 speeds low and high...but this section is for the 2005+ sts