: Question? 2012 V sedan thinking of converting to manual

Jdani
08-29-12, 11:58 AM
Hello maybe i can get some info i have a 2012 V sedan that i really love by the way. Anyway i bought new in January and i think i made a mistake by buying an automatic, im wondering what the cost might be to switch over to manual and what would really be involved and what would the cost be and would i ruin the retail value, im not too woried about the retail value because i will probably keep for a long time or when im selling i know ill get hurt either way. But who would do this work is this something i should let the deal do or a performance shop do? Also is this even worth it or should i just deal with the Automatic? Thanks

shchow
08-29-12, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure I fully understand...
Are you thinking of trading in your existing automatic for a manual?
Or, are you thinking of physically converting your automatic into a manual?

I would imagine it would be less expensive and easier to simply trade-in your automatic for a manual...

SoCal_V
08-29-12, 01:25 PM
He's asking b/c he wants to convert his existing auto to a manual trans in the same car.

I agree, after parts, labor, CPU, etc it will likely be cheaper to trade the car in for a manual, even with the depreciation loss.

larry arizona
08-29-12, 01:34 PM
Bad idea to swap, unrealistic.

Torxila
08-29-12, 08:08 PM
RPM Transmissions in Indianna, converts Z06's from stick to auto, 9-10k (opposite of what you need) and I'm sure they could do what you want.

Try 1-765-640-5411, it's worth a call. It would probably be at least that to move up a year on a new model order.

George

V locity
08-29-12, 08:40 PM
Why do you want to convert?

neuronbob
08-29-12, 10:00 PM
I'd just buy or trade for a manual V. Much cheaper and less messy that way. Not sure why anyone would do a tranny switch in their car when the car is made in manual. I'm mulling over a switch to manual myself....by trade.

Jdani
08-29-12, 10:03 PM
Why do you want to convert?
Well I just feel it would be so much more fun to drive with a manual tranny but I think I should test drive first. I do agree with some in thread that say I'd probably be better off trading in. I already called dealer and told them to Call me when they get manual in so I can test drive. Then if I like I will have them run some numbers. I just think I will take such a beaten that I'm not sure if it's worth it. I guess I'll just have to see how much I like it...... Has anyone drove both the auto and manual and if so what's your pros and cons

flatrockguy
08-29-12, 10:15 PM
When I went in to order my 2012 manual sedan I drove an auto and to me, there is no better way to really enjoy the V unless it's a manual, but that just me....

baabootoo
08-30-12, 12:10 AM
What about driving the auto in manual mode and shift every gear?????????? You won't be doing all the clutch work, but who cares.

larry arizona
08-30-12, 06:24 AM
You will start the 6A vs 6M battle on this thread. Just test drive one and see if the 6M works for you.

TexasCTS-V
08-30-12, 09:29 AM
I opted for the 6M and have no regrets--even in *occasional* traffic. I enjoy having my left foot engaged in the driving experience again!

thebigjimsho
08-30-12, 11:05 AM
Traffic never bothers me in my V. 6M!

JFJr
08-30-12, 07:06 PM
If you like to be able to sip coffee on the way to work, buy a Toyota or a Lexus, if you care about appearances and not substance, the "V" is a high performance car and may not be your cup of tea.

Jud

V locity
08-30-12, 09:28 PM
Well I just feel it would be so much more fun to drive with a manual tranny but I think I should test drive first. I do agree with some in thread that say I'd probably be better off trading in. I already called dealer and told them to Call me when they get manual in so I can test drive. Then if I like I will have them run some numbers. I just think I will take such a beaten that I'm not sure if it's worth it. I guess I'll just have to see how much I like it...... Has anyone drove both the auto and manual and if so what's your pros and cons

Try to catch a ride in a V with 6-700 RWHP in an auto. You may then have a different opinion of "fun" with an auto... Then it may be a "to mod or not to mod" question rather than a "trade or not to trade".