: carpet loose on drivers side

FinestKind-CTS-V
08-29-12, 11:22 AM
The carpet is loose and comes away from the side of the car where it tucks into the kickplate on the driver side.
Showed it to the Service Manager at the dealership and he said that he will replace the carpet.
Says it is a mfg defect and he has seen this before with other CTS's.

Anyone else have this issue?

thebigjimsho
08-29-12, 11:33 AM
I have had that issue. I've done nothing about it except use my foot to pin it back...

cdog533
08-29-12, 02:26 PM
I have some weird wear on the right side of the carpet right there by the tranny tunnel. What is involved in replacing it? If the dealer has to remove a lot of stuff, it might not be worth it because you'll be chasing squeaks til you sell the car.

anorexicpoodle
08-29-12, 02:28 PM
I have had this issue, and did have the entire carpet replaced, and it immediately came right back up.

I have ignored it so far but will probably bring it up again when I have time.

Purple87SS
08-29-12, 02:48 PM
I also have this carpet problem in my V, but yet to take it back in. I planned to tell my Service Manager on my next trip back to the dealer, but fear further problems like squeaks/rattles and other potential issues from the R&R of the interior.

08-29-12, 03:51 PM
I would guess that they are going to have to remove the front seats, the kick plates, and the console, at a minimum. Not sure if they have to remove the rear seat, but that is a simple issue.

the loose part would really have to drive me nuts before I took it in to have the carpet replaced. And...if a munufacturing defect then that means that the factory piece was cut wrong. I hope that the new ones are cut better.....

Make sure that you ask them to give you all of the cash and food that they find under the seats :rolleyes:

FLTRI
08-29-12, 04:01 PM
Yup, mine had it too, right near the dead pedal. They fixed it without replacing anything. Just pulled the trim panels, tucked it back in and it's good so far. If it comes loose again, I may put a small screw into it to hold it down. I've looked, and there are several good places to attach it...

Torxila
08-29-12, 04:53 PM
I have the same exact issue and it drives me nuts. I'm just going to buy some 3m spray on glue/contact cement and do it myself. I'm just can't bring myself to let my dealer rip my interior apart. The car (2011 Coupe) is tight as hell, NO squeaks/rattles/Recaro-Rock etc. and I won't jeopardize that.

Gordy Petrovski
08-29-12, 05:52 PM
They put a screw in mine & still came back out after 2-3 months. Hell I could have done that on my own. So much for having the dealer fix it.

thebigjimsho
08-29-12, 06:04 PM
I think I may try a strong velcro strip instead...

smiley47
08-29-12, 06:31 PM
I'm beginning to sense a trend here. I had the same issue but fortunately my dealer fixed it and so far, so good.

extrabolts
08-29-12, 08:45 PM
Yes, my carpet seperates at my right knee near the center console. It pulls out a couple of inches. The carpet at the left front of my drivers seat also sort of bubbles up. Very annoying. I see things like this all over the interior of the car and just think "Cadillac was so close!!" The design of the interior is great, but there was a disconnect with the assembly team.

94danstang
08-29-12, 09:51 PM
Mine has this issue too - just thought it was mine. Was planning on ignoring - but might bring it up at next service interval. Making a list unfortunately......

tedcmiller
08-29-12, 10:28 PM
No problems (or any other problems) with the carpet in my 2009 CTS-V.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-30-12, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

I'm sorry to see so many of you have been experiencing similar carpet issues! If you would ever like me to schedule a dealer appointment for you or document your concerns further, then please let me know. I'm always available via direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

khoeysr
08-30-12, 03:38 PM
I have this issue on my '12 Coupe. The carpet looks like it is too short and has pulled away from the bottom edge of the dash ahead of the console and underneath the dash on the driver's side.

The first really noticeable issue on all 3 of my V's if you don't count the wheel click on the two coupes.