: Central Florida CTS/CTS-V Meet

Kels55
12-10-04, 02:39 PM
To all owners of CTS's and CTS-V's,
CTS Orlando and myself would like to have a possible get-together of Orlando and othe Central Florida owners to talk mods, personalizing, future plans, and have a couple of drinks.

This is my first time trying to set something like this up so I am not to sure how to go about this but I was thinking that we could meet sometime at the end of next week (weekend of Dec. 18th). The first place that popped in my mind was "The Caddy Shack" located at the Festival Bay Mall on I-Drive near the Bells Outlet Mall (I-Drive & Oakridge). Obviously the name is appealing but it is also where a Corvette club meets monthly so I know it won't be overwelming for them if a lot of us turn up, but being that not many CTS/CTS-V owners in Orlando post on this forum, I doubt it will be that big.

I will not be near a computer over the weekend so I may not be able to post back until Monday but I am open to suggestions for a good day, time and place if someone has a better idea. I-Drive is were I work, UCF is were most of my family lives, and I live downtown; so any place in Orlando would be good for me and is not hard for me to get to.

All those interested please post, thanks.

CTS Orlando
12-10-04, 02:56 PM
Im in.

megeebee
12-10-04, 04:50 PM
I wish I lived in Florida.

CTS Orlando
12-11-04, 03:16 AM
I wish I lived in Florida.

Yes, come join us for the next hurricane extravaganza. Thank god I have a garage for the CTS.

Jon
12-11-04, 03:35 AM
Wish I could come.. but I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up north lol.

CTS4me
12-13-04, 10:44 PM
I would be interested. I live in Orlando by UCF. I don't own a CTS yet, but I will be either purchasing or ordering one in the next 2 weeks or so. I really would like to test drive a manual if I can locate one in the area. Massey has only had one in stock and sold it before I could get there to test it out.

CTS Orlando
12-13-04, 11:01 PM
Massey has a great service dept., but I bought my car in South Florida because there sales people are jerks. Their sales team wouldnt work in any incentives, and the dealer in SFL hooked me up with 2. Anyways, im out by UCF also, Dean and University. Try GMBuypower.com to check dealership stocks around the state. Hurry up, We need more CTS Owners for the CFL Meet!

Kels55
12-14-04, 10:37 AM
Massey sales people are crap. I went to look at the 2 Vs they had back in April. The 2 people I spoke with did not have any passion about the vehicles or the company itself. The next day I drove toPlaza Cadillac in Leesburg to purchase my V because the person I spoke with on the phone was excited to tell me about the car (not in the "buy it so I get commission" way, but true excitement). My few experiences with Massey has resulted in me driving 50 miles to have my car serviced at Plaza in Leesburg as well. If you happen to call Plaza to talk with a sales person, ask for Tony Pagono, he keeps up on his knowledge of the vehicles and is passionate about telling you about them. And his dad is the Finance Manager, so working a deal through him is fairly easy.

CTS4me
12-14-04, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I live off of Alafaya Trail past Waterford Lakes. As far as Massey goes, the guy I have been talking to seems to be ok so far, but then again I don't have to deal too much. I get the supplier discount pricing and one of their sales managers called me the other day and offered me $600 off an auto to get the deal done since he knows I have been looking at a manual and he wants to sell me one before year end. That won't happen if I have to order one. What do you guys think?

CTS Orlando
12-14-04, 03:20 PM
... I get the supplier discount pricing and one of their sales managers called me the other day and offered me $600 off an auto....

I got my supplier discount because im a UPS employee, how are you getting yours?

CTS4me
12-14-04, 08:08 PM
I get mine through Oracle

CTS Orlando
12-14-04, 08:39 PM
So back to the thread....

Kels, 4Me and me can have a funfilled 3 Person CFL CTS Meet when 4Me gets his car. :thumbsup:

Megebee and Jon, I wish you guys lived here too, then we could have a 5 person meet.

Anyways, for you Orlando guys, im all about makin new friends and havin a beer or two, Kels whenever you want, just say the word; 4Me, when you get the car, we'll be around the corner with a cold one waitin for ya.

pjohnesq
12-14-04, 09:09 PM
I get the supplier discount pricing and one of their sales managers called me the other day and offered me $600 off an auto to get the deal done

I know this is off the topic of this thread but my previous firm represents GM and my supplier discount was almost $4,000.

See my ride at http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

Kels55
12-15-04, 09:46 AM
So far I think we should meet up on Saturday around noon at the Caddy Shack. I have to be in West Palm Beach that evening so we can meet around noon, hang out for an hour or two, talk cars, drink some beers, and than we can split up to go watch football or in my case get ready to drive down South.

Also, there is a redline CTS-V owned by Rushguy on the V forum that plans on coming, so there will be a few of us there.

CTS4me
12-15-04, 12:52 PM
I know this is off the topic of this thread but my previous firm represents GM and my supplier discount was almost $4,000.

What I meant was $600 on top of my supplier discount.

CTS4me
12-15-04, 12:53 PM
4Me, when you get the car, we'll be around the corner with a cold one waitin for ya.

If I decide to get the auto versus the manual, I should have it before the year end.

CTS Orlando
12-15-04, 03:11 PM
So far I think we should meet up on Saturday around noon at the Caddy Shack. I have to be in West Palm Beach that evening so we can meet around noon, hang out for an hour or two, talk cars, drink some beers, and than we can split up to go watch football or in my case get ready to drive down South.

Also, there is a redline CTS-V owned by Rushguy on the V forum that plans on coming, so there will be a few of us there.

Not sure if I will be able to make it, but I will certainly try.

Kels55
12-16-04, 11:28 AM
Well, it looks like Rushguy and myself are the only people that are still planning on trying to make it to Chaddy Shack this Saturday at noon. I will not hold it against you if you have other things that will require your attention more than attending a meet of 2-3 people. I am still planning on going but that is because I am driving to West Palm on Saturday and I will have to stop for some lunch before I jump on the Turnpike and head South.

So, unfortunately the CF CTS/CTS-V Meet seems to have fallen through. We will try again sometime next year. However, I will be at the Orlando Speed World Drag Racing on Friday night if anyone wants to come watch or race with me. It should be in the high 40s and I might have a performance tune added by tomorrow night so we could be seeing some high 12 ETs.

CTS Orlando
12-16-04, 11:52 AM
...However, I will be at the Orlando Speed World Drag Racing on Friday night if anyone wants to come watch or race with me. It should be in the high 40s and I might have a performance tune added by tomorrow night so we could be seeing some high 12 ETs.

Is that in Bithlo off of 50 where the Schoolbus funny car is? I work until 11, what time do you guys drag until?

I will still try to make the meet. Its a 50/50. If I doesnt happen, we will be sure to have another one shortly into the new year.

Kels55
12-16-04, 02:25 PM
Is that in Bithlo off of 50 where the Schoolbus funny car is?

Exactly. They usually close the lanes at 10pm and depending on the lines can last until 11pm but if you are not there before 9pm you won't be able to see all of the cars run (at least once).

Kels55
12-20-04, 09:16 AM
It never made it to the 40s friday, humidity was bad, started raining before the night was over, and for some reaseon I kept having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd at high RPMs.

So in other words, Friday at the drag strip sucked for every one. Everyone I talked with was running half a second slower than usual, and I couldn't get out of the low 14s even though I consistantly run mid 13s. I was also unable to get the performance tune for my car because the micro tuner displayed an error code when I tried to load it so the company is going to reprogram the tuner for my car specifically. So Friday was a bad day, but at least I am going to get a custom tune (sort of) for the price of buying an off the self tuner.

Oh, and yes, I was the only person to make it to the meet on Saturday.

CTS Orlando
12-20-04, 12:32 PM
...Oh, and yes, I was the only person to make it to the meet on Saturday.

I feel absolutly horrible about that. I was really excited about having a CFL meet when you started the thread. I think December is just a bad month for that kind of stuff. Maybe we can try again mid January. I think CTS4Me i still in the process of getting his CTS anyways, I know you mentioned there were more V-Owners, and I still gotta talk to my CTS neighbor also. We will make it happen!

Kels55
12-21-04, 08:24 AM
Mid January is bad for me because it's my birthday, so I usually have a week long bash or split town for a more entertaining spot. But I will be willing to meet just about any other time.

CTS4me
12-21-04, 10:26 AM
I think CTS4Me i still in the process of getting his CTS.

Picking her up tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Butter Cup
12-21-04, 11:20 AM
I wish I was in FL

megeebee
12-21-04, 11:51 AM
Take lots of pictures and post them.

pjohnesq
12-21-04, 06:51 PM
Here is some incentive for you FL guys from your CTS friends in CA. Our gathering point at our meet last month!

EatRice
12-22-04, 09:59 AM
I just brought home my V yesterday. I wiould be up for a meeting in early January. Car goes back to Atlanta in mid January for the SC.

CTS Orlando
01-27-05, 07:41 PM
Time to revive the thread. Theres a duplicate post in the V Forum. Its time for us CFL CTS drivers to get together for a meet. The weather in Orlando is gorgeous... Lets do this.