: New guy here, need some assistance from Caddy junkies.

ReverseTurtle
08-26-12, 08:04 PM
Hey there,

I hate just going to forums and posting questions right away, but today I have to. I'd like to start by saying hi, my name is Dan and I'm web developer. I am building a site for a client and caddies are his forte. I've been searching the web and haven't found what I'm looking for, so I registered here to ask for some assistance.

What I need:
I need a list of Cadillacs from 1940-2000. The years produced aren't as important in this case, but if they are available too, that would be awesome.

In my search I found a wikipedia article, but they just listed the series for me, I need the actual MODEL name of the car.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Dan

77CDV
08-26-12, 08:42 PM
motorera.com

ReverseTurtle
08-26-12, 08:51 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info. So it seems back in the 40s and 50s they didn't use Model names? they were actually just considered "Series XX"?

77CDV
08-26-12, 08:58 PM
Model names started coming on the scene in the 30s (Fleetwood, 60 Special), expanded in the late 40s and early 50s (Coupe de Ville, Eldorado), and finally supplanted numeric model designations completely in 1965, when the Series 62 became the Calais.

The-Dullahan
08-27-12, 12:12 AM
And today, they throw a bunch of Alpha-Bits cereal on a floor, smash it with a hammer until it's almost all finely powdered and make the names out of whatever the remaining three letters are.