: Samsung Galaxy S3 not recognised by usb port? HELP?

Torxila
08-25-12, 08:48 PM
I was trying to use my GalaxyS3 phone to listen to Pandora through my usb port. (2011 V coupe) Is this possible? Any sequence to follow?

I read here even with an iphone you must have music on your iphone, (and possibly playing music as you connect) to get it "recognised".

Has anyone had success with the android system phones connecting/playing music or Pandora?

Thanks

George

atcbrownie
08-26-12, 12:45 AM
I am not positive but I am a pretty big android fan and I don't think the Sammy devices can play audio through the USB. I have a galaxy nexus and it can be done through the pogo pins on the side of the phone but not through the USB out. It is not an issue with the car but an issue with the way the phone was made. I may be wrong though, don't know much about the sIII.

atcbrownie
08-26-12, 10:02 AM
I did a little research and my original post was wrong the sgs3 is capable of audio through USB with the implementation of jelly bean. But there are lots of compatibility issues still and you may not be able to ever get it to work.

VMoose
08-26-12, 12:58 PM
This is an instance of the older system in the cadillac, being unable to support many of the new phones. Your best bet for Pandora/other music on your phone is to use a 3.5mm audio cable.

Generally for music, I use an inexpensive USB stick and load up music from my computer on to that.

Torxila
08-26-12, 09:10 PM
This is an instance of the older system in the cadillac, being unable to support many of the new phones. Your best bet for Pandora/other music on your phone is to use a 3.5mm audio cable.

Generally for music, I use an inexpensive USB stick and load up music from my computer on to that.

I have a Scan disk stick with music that works great but just wanted to see if I could play Pandora through the car audio. I'll check to see if there is a 3.5mm audio port down in the console.

Thanks to all
George

VMoose
08-26-12, 10:28 PM
George,

You should find it right next to the USB port in the console. Enjoy your tunes!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-27-12, 10:04 PM
George, I was off duty this weekend but relieved to see you received such great feedback from the rest of the community! If you still have any lingering questions or would like me to investigate concerns further for you, please let me know. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Torxila
08-30-12, 05:19 PM
George,

You should find it right next to the USB port in the console. Enjoy your tunes!

Vmoose, (You-dah-Moose)

I went to Radio Shack, grabbed a 3.5 patch cord and plugged her in... Now I can play free pandora. You have no visual display (Other than on GalaxySIII, but thats ok Volume via steering wheel or knob=OK . $9.00 and it beats paying 212.00 they wanted for XM/Sirius for a year.

Thanks a bunch

George

Oh and it plays all the music I have loaded on the SGSIII as well. I-heart radio also plays through this setup as well.

Torxila
08-30-12, 05:26 PM
George, I was off duty this weekend but relieved to see you received such great feedback from the rest of the community! If you still have any lingering questions or would like me to investigate concerns further for you, please let me know. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie,

I have to stop reading these posts too fast. I read your note as "if I had any Lingerie questions" I told the Mrs.and she says "figures... you Old Perv".

George

VMoose
08-30-12, 05:27 PM
George,

So glad it all worked out for you. You have a very cool phone and a very cool car. You should be able to enjoy both!

-Tim

Wannago
08-30-12, 05:35 PM
I believe you can use a blackberry Bluetooth adapter to stream from your phone wirelessly. Somone posted about that recently but I don't have the link handy

VMoose
08-30-12, 05:46 PM
Wannago,

Good point. I've considered adding a bluetooth to stereo adapter from monoprice . com.

Here is the non-clickable link hxxp://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10827&cs_id=1082704&p_id=7364&seq=1&format=2

undertaker
09-05-12, 03:15 PM
I've been using a 3.5mm jack on my suburban, jetta and the caddy.........that'd be another 30+ a month for XM that I can get away with the 2-3 dollar xm online coverage and the android app.

Gets very expensive with 5 or 6 vehicles on your account, I always have the phone and I'm only in one at a time, so no issues.

same with XM traffic, I find google maps does a better job for metro NY.

McGuffy
09-05-12, 07:00 PM
You can use any of several Bluetooth adapters - they all send audio through the 3.5mm jack, and you can hook them into the USB to keep them charged. Example: http://www.amazon.com/GOgroove-BlueGate-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00727FE5U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1346882330&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+audio+car+samsung

I have a Kuda mount in my car - just set the phone in, fire up Spotify, and I'm off...
http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-leather-mounts/cadillac/cts-since-2008-k92.html

Ube2nd
09-05-12, 07:23 PM
A bit off topic, but related. Just got my 2013 V coupe and connected my BlackBerry Curve via the Bluetooth, works great, but is there a way I can access my address book on the BlackBerry? It is very intuitive on my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I have not seen anywhere this exists on the V.