: Driver's Assist Package

ddawson
08-25-12, 08:43 PM
The Driver Awareness Package will be available at launch. The Driver Assist Package won't be available until late fall. Do you think the electrical harness, that is in today's ATS will be able to marry with the late fall Driver Assist Package? If not, those of us who wants the Driver Assist Package, will have wait until late fall. Some of you high powered engineers should be able to give opinions.

frankc5r
08-25-12, 09:53 PM
That is not good news. I have drivers assist package ordered and would like to have it.
I did wiring for alot of GM race cars over the years and later ones are getting complicated
like production cars. From my limited experience, it MIGHT be possible that some connectors
would be in harness of reg ATS but where would you ever get all the radars , sensors, body
changes etc and even then u have to reprogam body cpu.
I am afraid we are going to have to wait. Do not want too but see little choice.

danscrim
09-17-12, 02:53 PM
Anyone hear anything new on this? I also have an ATS ordered with the Driver Assist Package and have been told repeatedly that it will not hold up the order. We'll see.

Ive also heard different things about whether or not an iPad would be included. My dealer doesn't think so.

Cadillac Tony
09-17-12, 03:36 PM
I see the iPad issue continuing to pop up. As I said in the other threads, all CUE equipped ATSs come with an iPad (3rd generation wifi only, 16gb, black). With the ATS being a brand new model some dealership staff may not have been educated yet on the proper delivery programs, but it is an absolute fact.

All MY2013 XTSs and CUE equipped ATSs include the iPad.

If anyone here takes delivery of a CUE equipped ATS and is told they don't get an iPad, politely ask your dealer to refer to the iPad program guidelines on the Cadillac Program Info web site. I doubt this will be an issue for anyone, but that's the best course of action if it does.

danscrim
09-17-12, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the quick response Tony. I'm sure I still have a few weeks (if not longer, unfortunately) until my ATS arrives... so hopefully by then my dealer will get up to speed on the iPad protocol so I don't run into any issues upon delivery.

Thanks again!

ddawson
09-17-12, 04:22 PM
Tony you are the best. I hate say this but someone else will ask the same question.

frankc5r
09-17-12, 07:40 PM
Tony you are the best. I hate say this but someone else will ask the same question.

I will NOT ask the Ipad question cause I believe it is true, BUT I will ask Tony what he has heard about when the constraint on
drivers ASSIST might come off. Thanks for any help.
frank

Cadillac Tony
09-18-12, 09:49 AM
I will ask Tony what he has heard about when the constraint on
drivers ASSIST might come off. Thanks for any help.
frank

National Constraint Report says "Less than 4 weeks". With an RPO that's on constraint due to new option introduction (not supplier shortage), however, it's anyone's guess.

frankc5r
09-18-12, 01:28 PM
National Constraint Report says "Less than 4 weeks". With an RPO that's on constraint due to new option introduction (not supplier shortage), however, it's anyone's guess.

Thanks Tony. It is good to know it probably won't be longer than 4 weeks till assist constraint comes off. I was told from someone who
knows that the 2l constraint would come off sometme in Sept and it came off in the first few days. Hope the same here.

Sozburger
09-19-12, 07:53 PM
I see the iPad issue continuing to pop up. As I said in the other threads, all CUE equipped ATSs come with an iPad (3rd generation wifi only, 16gb, black). With the ATS being a brand new model some dealership staff may not have been educated yet on the proper delivery programs, but it is an absolute fact.

All MY2013 XTSs and CUE equipped ATSs include the iPad.

If anyone here takes delivery of a CUE equipped ATS and is told they don't get an iPad, politely ask your dealer to refer to the iPad program guidelines on the Cadillac Program Info web site. I doubt this will be an issue for anyone, but that's the best course of action if it does.

Tony, I'm at my local dealership now and showed him this post. He cannot find anything on the caddy program info website for getting iPads with the ATS. He also said his inventory manager said 'No' as well because the ATS he got today didn't come with one. Do u have a screen shot or any more info about the ATS getting an iPad? The guy thinks I'm full of it.

ddawson
09-19-12, 08:10 PM
Tony, I'm at my local dealership now and showed him this post. He cannot find anything on the caddy program info website for getting iPads with the ATS. He also said his inventory manager said 'No' as well because the ATS he got today didn't come with one. Do u have a screen shot or any more info about the ATS getting an iPad? The guy thinks I'm full of it.It's situations like this, that gives GM a bad name. Perhaps it's not GM fault but incompetent dealers, that should be weeded out. The ATS comes with an iPad. Period.

Sozburger
09-19-12, 08:17 PM
It's situations like this, that gives GM a bad name. Perhaps it's not GM fault but incompetent dealers, that should be weeded out. The ATS comes with an iPad. Period.

I agree. But how do I prove it when the entire dealership says No. Can someone take a picture of the internal website that says otherwise?

frankc5r
09-19-12, 08:58 PM
I agree. But how do I prove it when the entire dealership says No. Can someone take a picture of the internal website that says otherwise?

I am pretty sure the car does not COME with an Ipad but it is sent to you after some perod of time after delivery. Maybe Tony will chime in and
tell you the exact website name your dealer can look. I do not thnk your dealer needs to do anything but report sale to GM and GM will send
out Ipad later.
frank

danscrim
09-19-12, 09:32 PM
I am pretty sure the car does not COME with an Ipad but it is sent to you after some perod of time after delivery. Maybe Tony will chime in and
tell you the exact website name your dealer can look. I do not thnk your dealer needs to do anything but report sale to GM and GM will send
out Ipad later.
frank

My dealer initially told me no but I just received an email today saying that I'll be receiving one. They just got their first ATS's a day or so ago so it might have taken a while before they got everything sorted out. One way or the other... it definitely comes with one (as long as it's equipped with CUE). Hopefully your dealer gets it straightened out sooner or later....

Sozburger
09-19-12, 10:01 PM
My dealer initially told me no but I just received an email today saying that I'll be receiving one. They just got their first ATS's a day or so ago so it might have taken a while before they got everything sorted out. One way or the other... it definitely comes with one (as long as it's equipped with CUE). Hopefully your dealer gets it straightened out sooner or later....

Could you possibly post a picture of that letter with your name covered? Im sure it would clear up a lot of issues and would be appreciated.

danscrim
09-20-12, 09:32 AM
Could you possibly post a picture of that letter with your name covered? Im sure it would clear up a lot of issues and would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't think that's going to help you. I had been talking with him via his personal gmail address about a few things beforehand, so his email was very non-descriptive. It would provide you much less of an argument than this forum or anything Cadillac Tony has said.

His email literally says:

"You are getting an iPad according to Cadillac. I will let you know more when I do. Joe"

Good luck!

danscrim
09-20-12, 09:33 AM
Duplicate post.

Cadillac Tony
09-20-12, 10:03 AM
Tony, I'm at my local dealership now and showed him this post. He cannot find anything on the caddy program info website for getting iPads with the ATS. He also said his inventory manager said 'No' as well because the ATS he got today didn't come with one. Do u have a screen shot or any more info about the ATS getting an iPad? The guy thinks I'm full of it.

Tell him to log onto Program Info. Tab #3 in the middle of the page provides a large red link to the iPad program details, which clearly state that all XTS and CUE equipped ATS come with an iPad.

We haven't received the iPads for our ATSs yet, but we're providing them at delivery using the ones we have in stock for XTS. When the iPads for the ATSs arrive, we'll replenish our stock for XTS customers. We believe one of the Defining Moments at delivery of your new ATS should be the presentation of your new iPad, so we're not making folks wait.

Here's a screenshot of the Cadillac Dealer Program site you can show him- hopefully that helps them locate the program details.

ddawson
09-20-12, 10:13 AM
If I were you, I would buy the car from Tony. Your dealer doesn't seem to have your best interest at heart.

Sozburger
09-20-12, 11:37 AM
Tell him to log onto Program Info. Tab #3 in the middle of the page provides a large red link to the iPad program details, which clearly state that all XTS and CUE equipped ATS come with an iPad.

We haven't received the iPads for our ATSs yet, but we're providing them at delivery using the ones we have in stock for XTS. When the iPads for the ATSs arrive, we'll replenish our stock for XTS customers. We believe one of the Defining Moments at delivery of your new ATS should be the presentation of your new iPad, so we're not making folks wait.

Here's a screenshot of the Cadillac Dealer Program site you can show him- hopefully that helps them locate the program details.

Tony! Thank u so much! That's exactly what I need! I'm heading back to the dealer again tonight and I'll show him this.

Sozburger
09-20-12, 08:33 PM

Tony! Let me tell you. You are absolutely right. It was right where you said it would be. The sales guy didn't really know what to say when he saw it. I do, hoever, believe him when he says that he asked "GM" and talked to the corporate people when the dealers went to drive em and everyone said that they were not going to come with an iPad. Seems like it was a last minute thing and GM hasn't communicated it out properly. Either way, he saw it on Program Info with his own 2 eyes and he said "I'll get to the bottom of this now".

Thanks again for the proof! It helped alot!

thebigjimsho
09-24-12, 12:46 AM
Tony is the man. A true asset for Cadillac...