: WTK: 2011 STS Base Upgrade to V Clone

krinkov762
08-25-12, 03:26 PM
Guys,
I have a 2011 STS Base with a perky 3.6. I plan in the near future to upgrade a few things. First is the the brakes, rotors and rims/tires, then the power train.:bonkers:

First is the braking system. To my unerstanding that the STS has a different lug size than the CTS, problem 1, the V came in 6 lug rim models, and of recent I see that the CTS now has the V with 5 lugs, i actually thought all V's were 6 luggers.

I would like to convert it over to the V brakes, rotors, and I guess hubs as well, front and rear. Question, is the spline the same for this conversion, at the rear?
What parts would you recommend?
It can factory or after market, and or a mix...money is always an object.
I would like to tackle the lower end stuff, so when the power train takes shape, all is in order.
The uprade can be either 6 lug or 5 lug, as long as I can get the extra stopping of the upgrade....size of rim (?)...what ever i can fit under the factory tubs.

Also, how about the hood, perhaps an earlier STS v model V hood? Thoughts?

BaTu
08-25-12, 07:13 PM
Also, how about the hood, perhaps an earlier STS v model V hood? Thoughts?

How about not being a "poser" and saving your nickles for a V. Everyone who knows about these cars will see you in yours and make-fun of you for it... ;)

curtc
08-25-12, 08:00 PM
How about not being a "poser" and saving your nickles for a V. Everyone who knows about these cars will see you in yours and make-fun of you for it... ;)

Agreed! Don't make that 6 banger look like a V...I saw a V6 CTS all done up like a V a few weeks ago, emblems and everything, laughed the rest of the way to work...

burkewm
08-25-12, 08:13 PM
With the money you're going to spend upgrading all of that crap, you could easily get a V with trading that thing in a year or two from now (which is how long it'll take you to get all of the work you want done).

krinkov762
08-26-12, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the help.

Brakes, rotors, hubs, and calipers have been ordered. I will update post in that respect when they are installed.

malatu
08-26-12, 08:45 AM
Silly rabbit, trix are for kids!

eatyoursandwich
08-26-12, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the help.

Brakes, rotors, hubs, and calipers have been ordered. I will update post in that respect when they are installed.

I literally lol'd.

1BadCadSTS
08-26-12, 09:50 AM
And what do you plan to do about wheels?!

burkewm
08-26-12, 09:59 AM
Ditto.

dkozloski
08-26-12, 12:11 PM
I'd get tired of driving around with five paper bags over my head in case the first four broke.

krinkov762
08-27-12, 05:54 PM
And what do you plan to do about wheels?!

Good question. I have not commited myself to any just yet, as I want to do mock up first, and get the true measurements for clearance. Though, I was actually surprised as to how many was available in a recent search, it appears that the OEM, and after market folks have plenty to go around. I would like to go with OEM, but I open.

truckinman
08-28-12, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help.

Hm. I'd think after being called a poser for wanting to do this, and having everybody n their mother suggest you not to, you woulda not informed us that you had the parts on order and thanked us for our help. I learn something new everyday I guess....

eatyoursandwich
08-28-12, 03:47 PM
Good question. I have not commited myself to any just yet, as I want to do mock up first, and get the true measurements for clearance. Though, I was actually surprised as to how many was available in a recent search, it appears that the OEM, and after market folks have plenty to go around. I would like to go with OEM, but I open.

Will you put everyone else at ease and explain you are still trying to grasp the English language?

If you're telling the truth, are you planning to keep the car on cinder blocks until you find some 6-lug wheels?

What are you doing anyway?

I feel like this thread is some backwards vortex that fluctuates between good advice and you completely side-stepping it.

So given that you have either not understood or flat out ignored every piece of advice you have been offered, I have to ask again, what are you doing?

burkewm
08-28-12, 05:26 PM
Will you put everyone else at ease and explain you are still trying to grasp the English language?

If you're telling the truth, are you planning to keep the car on cinder blocks until you find some 6-lug wheels?

What are you doing anyway?

I feel like this thread is some backwards vortex that fluctuates between good advice and you completely side-stepping it.

So given that you have either not understood or flat out ignored every piece of advice you have been offered, I have to ask again, what are you doing?

^^ = lol

1SGLAC
08-29-12, 11:03 AM
maybe the guy wants a 1SG. V brakes rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krinkov762
08-29-12, 05:25 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/262293-19-chrome-1sg-rear-wheels.html

Thats a cool ride. STS with V brakes and 6 lug rims. i could have saved a few bucks, and moreso time as adding the performance option; however, I did not have that luxury, as the vehicle had one owner prior to me. Low miles, very low miles, great deal for the money.

1BadCadSTS
08-29-12, 06:39 PM
Not all 1sg had brembos. Had to have the performance handling package to get that.

Ludacrisvp
08-30-12, 10:19 AM
Not all 1sg had brembos. Had to have the performance handling package to get that.

This is correct as I have 1SG but no V brakes.

Midnight
08-30-12, 11:51 AM
Out of curiosity, I tracked down this post which explains the brake packages nicely:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/131436-05-performance-handling-package-just-brakes.html#post1652878

krinkov762
09-01-12, 04:26 PM
Out of curiosity, I tracked down this post which explains the brake packages nicely:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/131436-05-performance-handling-package-just-brakes.html#post1652878

Thank you Kind Sir for that very informative link.