: 4t60e stock converter stall speed

CetriKomaDevet
08-25-12, 05:12 AM
Im looking into getting a converter with 300 to 500 rpm higher stall speed and dont remember what the stock speed is.

And out of what gm do i get the chain drive sprockets to make my stock 2.97 fdr higher for closer gearing.

Edahall
08-25-12, 01:33 PM
Im looking into getting a converter with 300 to 500 rpm higher stall speed and dont remember what the stock speed is.

And out of what gm do i get the chain drive sprockets to make my stock 2.97 fdr higher for closer gearing.

If you're after more performance, a higher stall speed converter is not going to do what you want. The 4.5/4.9 is a low hp / high torque engine that doesn't need the revs (compared to other engines) to develop power.

The Cadillac Allante from 1989-1992 had a 3.21:1 final-drive ratio but their engines had some differences that gave it a 1000 rpm higher max rpm's to take advantage of it. Yes you might gain a little with a shorter ratio but it won't be very much.

About the best you can do for these engines to make them faster are either NOx or forced induction.

CetriKomaDevet
09-01-12, 05:13 PM
I guess ill leave it stock then. I was planning to leave the engine alone, keep it stock and reliable. The primary reason for the trans mods is that i have big heavy wheels on the car, i want something to help it move off the line a little easier for around town driving.