: yugo.

illumina
12-09-04, 09:42 PM
i was on another driving trip tonight when i saw a car that i thought was extict: the yugo.

yes, that's right, a yugo. she was in decent shape too, white paint job with zero rust from what i could tell, and she had the little ass tires that were on them back in the late 80's and early 90's too.

does anyone ever see any rare cars like this anymore, or am i the only one? not that the yugo was a collectors item, but interesting to see one none the less.

Sandy
12-09-04, 09:57 PM
'Ya wanna bet on that Collector's Item statement!
In the final year they were imported here, during the last 6 months or so, they unveiled the Yugo Convertible!! By that time many dealers had jumped ship, and the others were worried about selling WHAT THEY HAD, let alone ordering a convertible. A few arrived. I cannot guaranteed it but I once heard the number 100 mentioned. Collector's are WiLd for them!!!!

Ralph
12-09-04, 09:58 PM
I see them occasionally. I see more Ladas and Skodas though. My ex-girlfriend had an orange Skoda, which looked a lot better than the other two.

Sandy
12-09-04, 10:15 PM
OKAY 500 Cabrios!!

LOOK HERE, a BRAND NEW ONE !!! RED !!!

http://www.highwayone.com/Classifieds/Yugo/GreenYugoCab.html

illumina
12-09-04, 10:18 PM
'Ya wanna bet on that Collector's Item statement!
In the final year they were imported here, during the last 6 months or so, they unveiled the Yugo Convertible!! By that time many dealers had jumped ship, and the others were worried about selling WHAT THEY HAD, let alone ordering a convertible. A few arrived. I cannot guaranteed it but I once heard the number 100 mentioned. Collector's are WiLd for them!!!!

you're right i guess. this was the first one i have seen in years. i don't even see these things in the junk yard, so i will have to agree with you sandy.

klebrun
12-09-04, 10:42 PM
I remember seeing an article about a guy who had a Yugo in the bed of his pickup truck. He said that while most people carried spare tires, he carried a spare vehicle. The picture was hilarious.

PhantomCadillac
12-10-04, 08:50 AM
The best thing about a Yugo was the heated rear window! It kept your hands warm while you were pushing it. :D

Elvis
12-10-04, 10:35 AM
The best thing about a Yugo was the heated rear window! It kept your hands warm while you were pushing it. :D

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :histeric: :p

Rolex
12-10-04, 08:11 PM
The last one I saw was years ago in my home town. It was a Yugo GT....it had a stripe down the side and a rear spoiler. The spoiler, of course, provided down force at those blazing high speeds. :D I never figured out if that was a factory GT, or if those were aftermarket "performance" add-ons.

Msilva954
12-10-04, 08:52 PM
You dont see em because they probably decompose and blow away.

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 03:46 AM
OKAY 500 Cabrios!!

LOOK HERE, a BRAND NEW ONE !!! RED !!!

http://www.highwayone.com/Classifieds/Yugo/GreenYugoCab.html

i want that

Sandy
12-11-04, 08:50 AM
Me Too ! But I am not sure WTF to do with it, **IF** I got it ??!!!???
I mean like .... Enlarge the living room??

davesdeville
12-11-04, 07:14 PM
I want the one with a 2.3 turbo in the front and a 500 in the back.

majax
12-12-04, 12:29 AM
That would be cool to have. I cannot see how such a simple car could be unreliable.

Playdrv4me
12-12-04, 01:32 AM
Me Too ! But I am not sure WTF to do with it, **IF** I got it ??!!!???
I mean like .... Enlarge the living room??

:histeric: