: Intercooler

Blakester
08-23-12, 10:02 PM
Back from 4 day road trip(1200km), intercooler fill rez or filler tube is low on coolant,cavitates intermittently, taking it in tomorrow. Where did collant go?. Oil looks ok.

Crystal Red CTS-V
08-23-12, 10:05 PM
Is the intercooler's coolant connected to the engine coolant? I thought it was a separate system.

Blakester
08-23-12, 10:21 PM
Is separate system.

Zhariak
08-23-12, 10:44 PM
So I see this post....

Makes me wonder... I've read the manual, but curious...

What fluids should I be checking on my V regularly? I check and do the engine oil regularly.... And there's that pink stuff thats on the far (close to windshield) reservoir a bit of the left... But is there anything else I should be checking?

larry arizona
08-23-12, 10:52 PM
Intercooler is seperate system and the res close to the windshield on pass side. Engine coolant is res close to windshield on drivers side. Engine oil, trans fluid on an auto and maybe brake fluid and you are good to go.

hulksdaddy
08-23-12, 11:03 PM
Make sure to check your muffler bearings as well.

4DR_ZR1
08-24-12, 10:59 AM
So I see this post....

Makes me wonder... I've read the manual, but curious...

What fluids should I be checking on my V regularly? I check and do the engine oil regularly.... And there's that pink stuff thats on the far (close to windshield) reservoir a bit of the left... But is there anything else I should be checking?
Uh... the 'pink stuff' is called DexCool, as in engine coolant

Intercooler is seperate system and the res close to the windshield on pass side. Engine coolant is res close to windshield on drivers side. Engine oil, trans fluid on an auto and maybe brake fluid and you are good to go.
Auto trans can't be checked under the hood, cuz it's sealed.

Make sure to check your muffler bearings as well.
Dang! The service tech told me that I should bring mine in every 5K miles to be checked, because these bearings needed to be repacked with a special lubricant.

Dogbreath
08-24-12, 11:27 AM
And blinker fluid.

atcbrownie
08-25-12, 03:41 PM
And occasionally you have to recharge the beep in your horn. Also winter is coming up so don't forget to change to winter air in you tires