: Invisicord?

pank
08-23-12, 08:32 PM
Anyone with the invisicord, did you get the micro connectors or the standard? I ask because I got a mirror tap with a blendmount and broke the thing trying to plug it into the harness. I figured I would try the invisicord which I hd in some of my other cars.

DRL650
08-23-12, 10:55 PM
I got the micro.

pank
08-23-12, 10:59 PM
Cool, I'll go with the micro thanks!

Stillborn
08-24-12, 12:33 AM
try soldering it first, go to radio shack. 6.00 i snapped one tab too, but i fixed it. (invisocord) works perfect, no issues. btw, you may need two people to set that first dab.

flatrockguy
08-28-12, 10:17 PM
You guys do know that the invisacord is just a RJ11 phone cord, right! Just go buy a cheap black phone cord and cut it to length and solder a couple ends on the red and greeen wires and your done. Red is +12vdc and green is gnd. That's what I did and it works great. I made up a couple for my friends and have one in the wifes car for trips. Beats the $20 for a invisacord.

venomns
09-01-12, 02:25 PM
You guys do know that the invisacord is just a RJ11 phone cord, right! Just go buy a cheap black phone cord and cut it to length and solder a couple ends on the red and greeen wires and your done. Red is +12vdc and green is gnd. That's what I did and it works great. I made up a couple for my friends and have one in the wifes car for trips. Beats the $20 for a invisacord.

I would do the same but can't find the correct connectors. Where did you get them?!?

DRL650
09-01-12, 05:52 PM
You can get them at Radio shack.I bought a generic invisicord for I think 12 bux shipped, Saved me the running around and it works great.

tedcmiller
09-02-12, 05:09 PM
I did the same as flatrockguy. Pins (qty of 2) connecting to the mirror connnector came from a cut-up DIP connector (which I already had). I also already had the telephone cord. The whole thing cost me nothing.