: Wanted 1977-1984 Sedan DeVille hardtop

saigado
08-23-12, 05:49 AM
Looking high and low for a 1977-84 Sedan DeVille with the factory hardtop -- that is, a non-vinyl top.

A hardtop Sedan DeVille in smoke grey or black, in great mechanical and condition, cold A/C, with the Astroroof and a neutral color vinyl or leather interior (grey or tan, not blue or maroon) would be a perfect. And as long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.

But seriously folks, if you've got or know of a hardtop 77-84 Sedan DeVille send me a PM, reply to this thread or email me through the forum. At this point I'm interested in checking out any and every available example of this model hardtop.

Thanks in advance for any input!

akaBC
12-13-12, 02:50 PM
Hey, Saigado, a hardtop sedan body is a 4-door with no center pillar--and none to my knowledge were manufactured in these years. A glued-on vinyl top is just that--a vinyl top, and one can strip it off the car, primer and paint it body color after filling the molding holes, OR leave the molding and paint it two-tone. I could probably find you something nice out here, and it'd be totally rust-free, thus saving lots of heartache in restoration or renovation. You don't say where you are--if you are in the Phillipines, we'd have to tape all the openings and float it over. . . . . I have two or three coupes here, and one sedan (in Ohio, and sitting for far too long--probably not in the best of condition now). I may have a dark gold Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham, dark brown top/velour interior coming up. Let me know what up. BC