Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Winter tires for 2008 dts

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  johnjaymz 
#1 ·
Hi all, new around here as I just got a 2008 DTS. I live in Winnipeg so am gonna need some winter rims and tires. I searched and did not see anything for the DTS in the forum so gonna ask everyone if they got any information on where I should start looking or at least what i am looking for or if i should just boot it down to the local tire shop and get their opinion? Thanks!

#3 ·
I'm happy with my Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 XL winter tires I got from Tire Rack last year. Have them shipped to a US address, stay overnight with your favorite roomie, and with the new duty-free allowances you'll save a boatload of cash on tire prices and taxes.

#5 ·
I used to live on the Canadian border in the U.S., and I always had a set of studded winter tires on the inexpensive steel rims. I also live in Tex. now, but I would check to see if ANY GM steel wheels have the same bolt pattern as the DTS and then I would buy four rims and mount a good set of studded tires. Be sure to do front AND back tires! The DTS should do very well in the snow, set up that way...

Jim is probably correct in that BLIZZAK is a good choice. That was what I used....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.